Return to Greyhawk have a weekly Greyhawk show on Twitch TV

Gary Gygax's original D&D world, where Dungeons & Dragons came to life in the greatest show on Oerth!
The Book-House: Find Greyhawk products.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Greyhawk have a weekly Greyhawk show on Twitch TV

Post by Big Mac » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Return to Greyhawk launched a Greyhawk show recently. I'm not sure exactly when it was launched, but the episodes that are coming up seem to be scheduled on a weekly basis.

I can't find an announcement about their show starting, but Mike Bridges from Greyhawkery sang their praises back in November:
Mike Bridges on Greyhawkery wrote:Return to Greyhawk on Twitch

Welcome again fans of Greyhawk! This week I am promoting a new venue of Greyhawk entertainment on Twitch called Return to Greyhawk. This is a live D&D 5E campaign and I'm jazzed about this particular channel given the rise in popularity of streaming D&D tabletop groups, mainly because Return is the first I'm aware of actively presenting themselves as a Greyhawk game.

I watched most of their first session last night and it was everything you'd expect in a tense, hard fought D&D adventure (no spoilers), but I went back and re-watched their opening video to episode one and it's AMAZING! Please watch this if nothing else, it's a lovingly crafted intro to a new campaign; you won't be disappointed in the overview it gives to the World of Greyhawk setting.

Here is the cast of characters:

Alessa Amodovar (Human Wizard) played by May / @liqquidfire
Luciano Venturi (Human Cleric of Olidammara) played by Travis / @binaryfyre
Elara Kelm (Elven Rogue) played by Dani / @ImperialScum
Kallic Kelm (Hal-elf Ranger) played by Michael / @LoserMLW
Nilly Belovar (Half-elf Bard) played by Bree / @npcbree
Merrick Saewolf (Human Bloodhunter) played by Josh / @WingedHorizon

and Dungeon Mastered by DMShane / @MageandSage

After the first session, the cast gave away a prize to one lucky viewer, a copy of the classic module Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure. Sadly I didn't win this prize (already own it) but I will be back for more. For those wishing to join me, expect the party to be back in action, live on Sundays 7pm to 11pm (est). Carry on, Greyhawk!
Here is the Return to Greyhawk page on Twitch, so you can watch new shows as they are live-streamed. And here is the Return to Greyhawk page on YouTube so you can catch up with the earlier episodes.

From what I can tell this show started off on Sundays, but is moving to Mondays from the start of next year.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

mortellan
Troll

Re: Return to Greyhawk have a weekly Greyhawk show on Twitch

Post by mortellan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:24 am

So far this show has been spot on weekly (barring sickness). DM Shane has some other Greyhawk events he runs at different times including the Green Dragon interviews which seem to be scheduled by availability (I was his first guest). The guy is my hero.

Twitch and Youtube is where it's at for the future of D&D entertainment in my opinion.

-Mike "mortellan" Bridges

vestcoat
Hobgoblin

Post by vestcoat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:01 am

I like the interviews, but I don't understand the trend of watching strangers play D&D. It's like watching paint dry. I'd be curious to see how a few of my favorite AUTHORS run a session for about half an hour, but that's about it.

grodog
Orc

Post by grodog » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:59 pm

mortellan wrote:So far this show has been spot on weekly (barring sickness). DM Shane has some other Greyhawk events he runs at different times including the Green Dragon interviews which seem to be scheduled by availability (I was his first guest). The guy is my hero.
IIRC Shane's going to be at GaryCon, right Mike?
mortellan wrote:Twitch and Youtube is where it's at for the future of D&D entertainment in my opinion.
vestcoat wrote:I like the interviews, but I don't understand the trend of watching strangers play D&D. It's like watching paint dry. I'd be curious to see how a few of my favorite AUTHORS run a session for about half an hour, but that's about it.
I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on this future, Mike: perhaps we can chat together at GaryCon about it, if our schedules align.

In general, I'm with Cody, in that I don't have a lot of interest in watching other folks play D&D, or for that matter in listening to a podcast where other folks talk about D&D (unless it's a topic or guest that catches my eye, of course).

That said, my two sons both watch hours of videos on YT about people playing through video games, talking about video games, and such, so although I recognize that it's definitely a cultural/popular thing to do, I just don't get it really. (One of my nieces also has a video channel with patrons, and that's how she makes her living---via the support from League of Legends players).

Allan.
grodog
---
Allan Grohe
grodog@gmail.com
http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

mortellan
Troll

Post by mortellan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:43 am

Allan, I think Shane told me his plans changed and he won't be at Garycon now. In fact, my own plans are cut in half and I'll only be there Thursday and Friday. I know I'll find you in the dealer hall, but I'm unsure I'll have time to game. I'd like to just get a bunch of us Greyhawk folks together at night to chit chat.

Return to “Greyhawk”