Campaign Idea: Iggwilv's Return

Gary Gygax's original D&D world, where Dungeons & Dragons came to life in the greatest show on Oerth!
The Book-House: Find Greyhawk products.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

Mr Dark
Hobgoblin

Campaign Idea: Iggwilv's Return

Post by Mr Dark » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:54 pm

I am going to be running a post war Pathfinder campaign that takes place not long after the Greyhawk Wars. I am changing a few things about the war to an outcome I feel a bit more comfortable with. For example; I am removing Iuz as Vatun, the wars ended more on a stalemate and there was no pact signed but there were a few cease fires and treaties in other areas. The hook I have in mind is that it was Iggwilv, not Iuz, who orchestrated some of the events with Iuz acting as a puppet. Drezlna is not dead and acts as Iggwilv's emissary and Iggwilv is looking to replace Iuz with another of her children who acts as a general in Iuz's army. This child is unknown to Iuz and he is unaware of the plot.

For the most part no one knows she is planning a return and takeover of Iuz's lands nor do they know of her other plans. She is going after certain sites of power, artifacts and other things to cement her control. She still is operating in the shadows at this point and with the Circle of Eight in shambles she has slipped under their notice as well. From her sanctuary in Iggwilv's Horn she makes her moves and is gaining power. She has gotten Rary and Robilar as allies and uses them to further her plots.

Right now the party is in The Duchy of Urnst looking into rumors of a cult forming and dealing with growing tensions between a faction of Old Faith followers and the Church of St. Cuthburt. What I am trying to line out is how to introduce them to Iggwilv's plans and how long she will plot before she makes a major move. I do think this will be a fun take on things if properly executed. Any thoughts are welcome.
Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Re: Campaign Idea: Iggwilv's Return

Post by ripvanwormer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Idea: most of the Old Faith cultists are benign, but the ire of St. Cuthbert's followers has been aroused by a subcult of demon-worshipers within the Old Faith hierarchy. Investigating this further will reveal communication between the leader of the demon-worshiping druids and Iggwilv, who aided the leader in their takeover of the Old Faith sect by gifting them dark magic.

Mr Dark
Hobgoblin

Re: Campaign Idea: Iggwilv's Return

Post by Mr Dark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:34 pm

I like it. I am also going to have the church infiltrated as well making it hard to tell who the bad guys are.
Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

Return to “Greyhawk”