Mortellan's Dorakaa map

Gary Gygax's original D&D world, where Dungeons & Dragons came to life in the greatest show on Oerth!
The Book-House: Find Greyhawk products.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Mortellan's Dorakaa map

Post by Big Mac » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:20 pm

Mike Bridges posted a really good map on his blog recently: New Greyhawk Map: Dorakaa:
Mike Bridges at Greyhawkery wrote: New Greyhawk Map: Dorakaa

Hail thee, Greyhawkers! It's still December so I got one more good post for the year and this one will knock your socks off. I'm inspired by the current exploits of the Twitch streaming group Return to Greyhawk. When they come back from their holiday break, hopefully the players or duneonmaster can make use of this ill-gotten new map I acquired on the mean streets of Dorakaa the capital city of the Empire of Iuz.

"Ye Olde Travel Guide to Dorakaa" is an isometric map based on the crude keyed city map found in Carl Sargent's excellent books, Iuz the Evil and the follow-up module City of Skulls. The elements in my map are entirely from these sources and are only semi-spoilery in that any hero with half a brain should know that the city of an evil demigod is a dangerous place to visit. What's charming about the Dorakaa guide is it's intended for visitors to the city; laden with warnings and advice for gullible travelers so that they can survive the city for more than a day. See for yourself and good luck!
Head over to his blog to see the map. It's a great Fan Enhancement for WGR5 Iuz the Evil and WGR6 The City of Skulls.

He mentions Steve Beck and Carl Sargent on the map. I wonder if he based this on other maps.

I also wonder if he is going to make isometric maps of any other cities in Greyhawk.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

mortellan
Troll

Re: Mortellan's Dorakaa map

Post by mortellan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:21 am

Any requests? ;)

Return to “Greyhawk”