Great Library of Greyhawk (GLoG) now on Greyhawk Online

Gary Gygax's original D&D world, where Dungeons & Dragons came to life in the greatest show on Oerth!
The Book-House: Find Greyhawk products.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Great Library of Greyhawk (GLoG) now on Greyhawk Online

Post by Big Mac » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:23 pm

The Greyhawk wiki (Great Library of Greyhawk) has been put back online.

It has moved (for the second time) and is now hosted on Greyhawk Online. Here is what Greyhawk Online say about GLoG on their homepage:
Greyhawk Online wrote:The Administrators and Contributors of GreyhawkOnline.com™ are proud to announce the opening of the Greyhawk Wiki!! The hard work of many contributors over the last decade have allowed the GH Wiki to persist, even after losing mirror sites and other setbacks!
If you already use GLoG, make sure you update your bookmarks.

If you have not used GLoG yet, check it out, as it has a ton of information.

(I'm not sure if all the accounts have been migrated over, but I'm guessing that - if they have - that some people might have their password saved in a cookie that only works with the old website. I'm guessing there is a way to get your password sent back out to you, but I've not tried to access my own account yet. If I find out, I'll edit this post. If anyone else finds out first, please post the details in the topic, and I'll get this OP updated.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Icarus
Ogre

Re: Great Library of Greyhawk (GLoG) now on Greyhawk Online

Post by Icarus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Hey there, BigMavc!
Thanks so much, for getting this out there!
We, the admins of Greyhawk Online, are pleased to be able to bring the Great Library back to everyone once again.
It made us sad that GH Wiki had been fraught with many problems that resulted in moving from mirror to mirror over the years and eventually being taken down. Previous editions have had problems including malware and prolific spam bots making new pages every few minutes for days. We were sad to see it go down from three different sites.

But, now, it's being hosted by Greyhawk Online which has been around for 15 years!
We plan on keeping the wiki as a part of our site for many years to come!
:D
Big Mac wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:23 pm
(I'm not sure if all the accounts have been migrated over, but I'm guessing that - if they have - that some people might have their password saved in a cookie that only works with the old website. I'm guessing there is a way to get your password sent back out to you, but I've not tried to access my own account yet. If I find out, I'll edit this post. If anyone else finds out first, please post the details in the topic, and I'll get this OP updated.)
Unfortunately, we didn't have access to the previous accounts database for accounts and passwords.
But, that's a good thing, really.
It means no spam from us, or the website!
Additionally, accounts aren't restricted like they used to be. They no longer require sending an email to an outside email. Registration is instantaneous, and only takes a few seconds. It's completely open registration, and editing is immediate and available to everyone. Registering is more for using Watch Pages, and so that you can get notifications and stuff when someone updates your favorite topics!
It's not strictly necessary, but, we highly encourage it, because we love to know who's in our community of friends!

So, I hope to see everyone come on out, and take a read, and add a sentence or two to your favorite topic!
:D
Last edited by Icarus on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And he did fly,... and he was seen on the wings of the wind."
My online Gallery of Artwork. Take a look at my illustrations!

Icarus
Ogre

Post by Icarus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Oh, also … that's only temporary artwork for placeholders :o … I'll be finishing up the artwork shortly! :lol:

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Post by ripvanwormer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Icarus
Ogre

Post by Icarus » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:38 am

Just an update…
The art has been completed for the new logo… And there’s bright new shinies on the front page.

And the wiki is getting bigger and bigger!
We are adding often more than 20 pages per day!
And there is at least something new every single day!
There are contributors from other sites who are adding more and more pages, and we’re collaborating on things like templates and portals and categories!

We are very proud that the wiki is doing so well, and growing!
Come take a look, read, and I had something if you feel like it!

Return to “Greyhawk”