[Web Enhancement] A Quiet Night of Cards [Free]

Gary Gygax's original D&D world, where Dungeons & Dragons came to life in the greatest show on Oerth!
The Book-House: Find Greyhawk products.

Moderators: Cthulhudrew, OldDawg

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Web Enhancement] A Quiet Night of Cards [Free]

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:05 pm

A Quiet Night of Cards is a Greyhawk adventure contained within a Three-Dragon Ante Web Enhancement called Luck of the Draw.

The adventure is designed for 3rd-4th level characters and is set in the Free City of Greyhawk. It is a short adventure, but it seems like it could be quiet useful.

The plot involves the player characters playing Three-Dragon Ante with an NPC called Sirius Regulan and I think the idea of Luck of the Draw is that players will actually play an in-character game of Three-Dragon Ante cards (with the GM playing for Sirius Regulan and the players all playing for their PCs.

I think that you could probably play any other card game, if you wanted to actually play out the card game in-character, and did not own a deck of Three-Dragon Ante cards. But what is interesting about this adventures, is that it canonises Three-Dragon Ante as a game played in The Black Dragon Inn in the Free City of Greyhawk.

The Web Enhancement also includes some in-character rules for PCs playing Three-Dragon Ante and gaining card-playing abilities from skill ranks and special card playing feats. I think that part of the Web Enhancement is a lot less useful than the adventure itself. Mind you, it seems like they asked Robert Wiese to write a Web Enhancement for a card game and he craftily used it as an excuse to write a mini adventure instead. ;)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Greyhawk”