Hello! (Deanna Q&A)

"The storm has a name..." Discuss both TORG and TORG Eternity here.
TorgHacker
Troll

Hello! (Deanna Q&A)

Post by TorgHacker »

Greetings! With the official forums being sunsetted soon, an influx of refugees from that cosm is on the way. Thank you to the admins of the Piazza for giving us a landing space!

I'm Deanna, the Torg Eternity community manager and member of the design team, and I'll be here answering questions and stuff.
Torg Eternity Designer
Torg Eternity Community Manager
Ulisses Spiele

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Re: Hello!

Post by night_druid »

Welcome to the Piazza!
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Post by Ashtagon »

Welcome. Back when TORG was first released, I got into the setting in a big way. Unfortunately, real life has gotten in the way in recent years, but I'm very keen to see what's new in the cosmverse these days.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Seethyr
Couatl

Post by Seethyr »

I would really love to know more about Torg, I knew very little until my recent searches. I hope you bring up a setting overview at some point. Welcome to the Piazza
Follow the Maztica (Aztez/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo »

All the best!
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Kamelion
Goblin

Post by Kamelion »

More reasons to visit the Piazza are always good :)
The name that can be named is not the true name.

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew »

Welcome to the Piazza! I hope you all find the community to be a suitable new home, and look forward to interacting with you. Like others, I have only limited exposure to the worlds of TORG, but have always been curious to find out more.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie »

I don't know much about TORG either, but I recall seeing old ads for The Impossibility Wars in Dragon or Dungeon magazines.

Welcome aboard!

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

TorgHacker wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:08 pm
Greetings! With the official forums being sunsetted soon, an influx of refugees from that cosm is on the way. Thank you to the admins of the Piazza for giving us a landing space!

I'm Deanna, the Torg Eternity community manager and member of the design team, and I'll be here answering questions and stuff.
Great having you here Deanna!

I fell in love with TORG when it first came out and have recently gotten to play TORG Eternity as well and enjoyed it very much. I am no expert when it comes to TORG in spite of owning most of the material for both versions of the game. Its great having someone like you here. We'll have questions for sure! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Kuildeous
Ogre

Post by Kuildeous »

Seethyr wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:01 pm
I would really love to know more about Torg, I knew very little until my recent searches. I hope you bring up a setting overview at some point. Welcome to the Piazza
At the risk of stealing Deanna's thunder by quoting her, here's a copy of her elevator pitch from 3 years ago:
"Imagine a role-playing game with an adventuring party consisting of John McClane, Harry Potter, Van Helsing, Captain America, Lara Croft, and Jackie Chan. One week they travel to New York to race against Belloq to find treasures in Land of the Lost. The next week they go to Cairo to fight ninjas in the world of Raiders of the Lost Ark. The following week they go to France and fight the Spanish Inquisition in The Matrix. And all three of those settings are in the same world. That's Torg."
And that's not even touching on Gothic horror, technodemons, and zombie outbreaks.
My Torg Eternity projects available
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land
Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Create your own Torg Eternity content to distribute on DriveThru

pkitty
Bugbear

Post by pkitty »

Yay, just got confirmed! Thank you folks for taking in us humble e-refugees. I imagine this board is about to get a lot busier. :)
Our group's Torg Eternity wiki page
  • House rules, indexes of all perks/spells/etc, form-fillable character sheet, and more

Princess Strega
Dawn Dragon

Post by Princess Strega »

I have no exposure to TORG, so I am looking forward to learning about it from all of you. Welcome to The Piazza!

Atama
Bugbear

Post by Atama »

Yes, thank you! I’m happy to make this a new home after the old forums. Glad to be here!
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek 8-))

Gargoyle
Kobold

Post by Gargoyle »

Refugee, checking in!

vieux_pet
Kobold

Post by vieux_pet »

Hello, lurker from the old forum checking in!

Wakshaani
Ogre

Post by Wakshaani »

I feel like I'm stepping off an Akashan lifeboat … it's a strange, unknown world ahead of us, but our home is gone and we come in peace.

Utsukushi
Orc

Post by Utsukushi »

Passions! I've read in the news about how hard it is to be a refugee, but I had no idea! I have to bookmark a new URL, and... um... I'd have to go all the way back to the old site to look up old conversations... and... people here seem really nice... so...

On closer examination, actual refugees probably have it a bit worse. It turns out I don't even have to learn to speak Piazzan, so that's a relief!

And on the plus side, those of you who have been curious about TORG, old or Eternity, I'm sure we humble newcomers will be more than happy to deluge you with hopefully-not-too-many answers!

...Also, apologies in advance for my sense of humor. It might be too late for the "in advance" part, actually, but there we go.

johnomar
Goblin

Post by johnomar »

Hello all! Thanks Deanna for finding a new home for the forums. You ma'am are Eternium through and through.

Good to see others are finding their way here too. I admit I'm more often a lurker than anything else, but it's good to have a space for finding other TORG fanatics. :D
My friend, if I can't get it, then you don't need it!

Sir Alain Fisk
Troll

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

For all those of you who have questions about Torg, old and new, including differences between the two, toss 'em out there. I'm certain there are plenty of us willing to answer your questions.
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

Count Thalim
Hobgoblin

Post by Count Thalim »

Another evacuee from the old boards.

With so many of us we are clearly storming the place. :)
"Per Sanguinis, Ad Astra"

cloudshaper2k
Goblin

Post by cloudshaper2k »

Yay! I'm in.

Looking forward to meeting the locals .

40below
Kobold

Post by 40below »

Glad to be here, and glad this resource is here!

I remember when I saw the original Torg boxed set on a shelf in my local gaming store. I couldn't _really_ afford it, but I also just couldn't seem to resist it. And so began my long running absolute love for the game and setting.

I'm so delighted about Torg: Eternity!

johntfs
Orc

Post by johntfs »

TorgHacker wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:08 pm

Hello to you again, Deanna. Alas that our Ulisses Spiel cosm has been drained of possibilities but hurrah that a new Maelstrom Bridge has begun to ferry us to this new forum.

Sir Alain Fisk
Troll

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

40below wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:50 pm
I remember when I saw the original Torg boxed set on a shelf in my local gaming store. I couldn't _really_ afford it, but I also just couldn't seem to resist it. And so began my long running absolute love for the game and setting.

I'm so delighted about Torg: Eternity!
It's the very same thing, here!!! I was 19 when the box hit the shelf and I wasn't really working all that much, so I forfeited the next week's Lunch money for work and purchased it. Of course, back then the whole box set was only $25, so I count my lucky stars. Today, it would be $60 or more. Anyway, I couldn't resist it because of Father Bryce and Dr. Hachi Mara-Two on the cover, with the Gaunt Man's face in the background. I absolutely fell in love from that point on.
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

GeniusCodeMonkey
Gnoll

Post by GeniusCodeMonkey »

Hi guys, I come in pieces from the original Torg forum. I wave goodbye and say hello!
Question everything.
Politeness costs nothing.

Return to “TORG”