Infiniverse Exchange Sales Reports

"The storm has a name..." Discuss both TORG and TORG Eternity here.
dchart
Orc

Infiniverse Exchange Sales Reports

Post by dchart »

I'm moving these reports over here now that the old forums are sunsetting. Would people like me to post the whole series here as well, or just start from the present and update?

Twenty Sixth Month, 1/8 - 2/7

12 Perils: 1, 8 Million Gods: 0, An Edeinos in Core Earth: 1, Home Front Philadelphia: 0, LibreOffice Templates: 0, Road to Philadelphia: 1, Spirited Tools: 1

People may have noticed that US is doing some publicity for the Infiniverse Exchange, and I think this is a very good thing. On the other hand, I think I have to say that I am not yet seeing any practical impact from it. Nevertheless, it is a positive move, and I hope that it will have a real impact in the future.
David Chart
Torg Infiniverse Exchange Author
Spirited Tools
Before the Planting
Citadel of the Red Sun
Feats of Prowess

Sir Alain Fisk
Troll

Re: Infiniverse Exchange Sales Reports

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

It might take time for the marketing and publicity to catch up. In the meantime, have you seen the video series from Iconic Productions for Torg?
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

dchart
Orc

Post by dchart »

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 am
It might take time for the marketing and publicity to catch up.
Oh yes. I expect it to take weeks of consistent publicity, at least, to make a significant difference. So I don't really expect to see any changes before March, at the earliest.
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 am
In the meantime, have you seen the video series from Iconic Productions for Torg?
No, I haven't seen that.
David Chart
Spirited Tools
Before the Planting
Citadel of the Red Sun
Feats of Prowess

Sir Alain Fisk
Troll

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

Well, if you have some time you're not doing anything with, this is a very worthy replacement for said lost time.
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

dchart
Orc

Post by dchart »

Twenty Seventh Month, 2/8 - 3/7

12 Perils: 2, 8 Million Gods: 0, An Edeinos in Core Earth: 1, Home Front Philadelphia: 1, LibreOffice Templates: 0, Road to Philadelphia: 3, Spirited Tools: 2

Looking at this month's sales figures, it seems that I might be seeing some practical impact from the publicity that Ulisses is doing for the Infiniverse Exchange. This is why I decided to write and publish another product. Before the Planting is a one-act adventure set in the Living Land, and we will see how it sells. (Not so far, but then it has been available for less than 24 hours.) I am planning at least one more new product, probably in May, as I keep an eye on sales and the effects of the publicity.

I also got a whole bunch of ratings towards the end of the month. Someone gave me two stars for 8 Million Gods. I also received, probably from the same person, a whole bunch of four star ratings and a five star rating for An Edeinos in Core Earth (thank you!), but the one that made an impression was the TWO STARS FOR 8 MILLION GODS. Human psychology is not really well suited to publishing.
David Chart
Spirited Tools
Before the Planting
Citadel of the Red Sun
Feats of Prowess

Sir Alain Fisk
Troll

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

I have an Edeinos in my group and his Player is so excellent that I'm looking forward to messing with him through "An Edeinos in Core Earth", you just made a sale, hehe. I'm not, however, working the Home Front: Philadelphia angle, for now, beyond logically getting my Players to the next part of the world.

dchart
Orc

Post by dchart »

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:26 am
I have an Edeinos in my group and his Player is so excellent that I'm looking forward to messing with him through "An Edeinos in Core Earth", you just made a sale, hehe.
Thank you!
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:26 am
I'm not, however, working the Home Front: Philadelphia angle, for now, beyond logically getting my Players to the next part of the world.
[shamless plug]Before the Planting will work perfectly well as a Delphi mission for any Torg campaign.[/shameless plug]
David Chart
Spirited Tools
Before the Planting
Citadel of the Red Sun
Feats of Prowess

Sir Alain Fisk
Troll

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

dchart wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:35 am
[shamless plug]Before the Planting will work perfectly well as a Delphi mission for any Torg campaign.[/shameless plug]
LOL, I promise to take a look at it. :D

dchart
Orc

Post by dchart »

Twenty Eighth Month, 3/8 - 4/7

12 Perils: 0, 8 Million Gods: 0, An Edeinos in Core Earth: 1, Before the Planting: 9, Home Front Philadelphia: 0, LibreOffice Templates: 0, Road to Philadelphia: 0, Spirited Tools: 1

Well, this month's sales were not particularly impressive. Before the Planting equalled my lowest record for first month sales of a product, and the sales of existing product were the worst I've ever had. However, it is possible that COVID-19 had something to do with that. In addition, I haven't noticed any publicity from Ulisses for the Infiniverse Exchange recently, probably because the general publicity machine is focused on the Fading Suns Kickstarter, and the Torg Eternity people are busy with the problems with Cyberpapacy. It's disappointing, but I will continue monitoring the situation, and I do still plan a new release in May.

Before that, I am running a one-month sale on Home Front Philadelphia, which is only available from these special sale links. Almost 50% off, at $2.50 rather than $4.99, this is for everyone who is stuck on the home front at the moment. The link expires on May 7th, but there is no limit to how many people can use it, so feel free to share it.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/24 ... 93042c4e03

Finally, I received a five star review on 8 Million Gods, which makes up for last month. Thank you, whoever it was.
David Chart
Spirited Tools
Before the Planting
Citadel of the Red Sun
Feats of Prowess

dchart
Orc

Post by dchart »

Twenty Ninth Month, 4/8 - 5/7

12 Perils: 1, 8 Million Gods: 1, An Edeinos in Core Earth: 2, Before the Planting: 1, Home Front Philadelphia: 3, LibreOffice Templates: 1, Road to Philadelphia: 0, Spirited Tools: 1

This month was better than last month, at least. The special sale on Home Front Philadelphia boosted sales just enough to take it to copper bestseller status, which was the goal, so I'm happy with that.

I have a new product this month, as well: Feats of Prowess. This is a collection of Prowess Perks, so it works for any cosm, not just the Living Land!

I'm not going to try any analysis at all, with COVID-19 making the current situation unprecedented in many different ways. Those are my sales for this month. I will post more figures in a month's time.
David Chart
Spirited Tools
Before the Planting
Citadel of the Red Sun
Feats of Prowess

dchart
Orc

Post by dchart »

Thirtieth Month, 5/8 - 6/7

12 Perils: 3, 8 Million Gods: 1, An Edeinos in Core Earth: 0, Feats of Prowess: 24, Before the Planting: 4, Home Front Philadelphia: 3, LibreOffice Templates: 0.25, Road to Philadelphia: 2, Spirited Tools: 3

This was the best month I have had since the launch of the Infiniverse Exchange. That month was better, but Feats of Prowess had the best first month sales I've had since then, despite getting a three-star review. (Sales continued after the review.) I've noted the Templates as a fractional sale, because someone paid 5c for them. That's fine, of course, but DRTRG only counts sales at 20c or over as sales now.

I have a theory as to why this month was so good. Ulisses included a link to the Infiniverse Exchange on their blog, and I think that drove traffic to it, which resulted in sales, both from new people, and from people who had been reminded that it existed.

Let's see how far the sales fall next month.
David Chart
Spirited Tools
Before the Planting
Citadel of the Red Sun
Feats of Prowess

dchart
Orc

Post by dchart »

Thirty First Month, 6/8 - 7/7

12 Perils: 1, 8 Million Gods: 0, An Edeinos in Core Earth: 0, Before the Planting: 2, Feats of Prowess: 7, Home Front Philadelphia: 0, LibreOffice Templates: 0, Road to Philadelphia: 0, Spirited Tools: 0

Well, I wasn't really expecting sales to collapse quite that badly. Feats of Prowess had a pretty good second month, despite the mediocre rating, but otherwise that's a pretty awful set of numbers.

Despite that, I have a new product this month: Citadel of the Red Sun, an adventure set in a Wonder in the Living Land. Let's see how that does.
David Chart
Spirited Tools
Before the Planting
Citadel of the Red Sun
Feats of Prowess

Greymarch2000
Gnoll

Post by Greymarch2000 »

I noticed some interesting movement in a specific kind of title the past month:

Cosm Card Booster (Akasha): 2, Cosm Card Booster (Aysle): 3, Cosm Card Booster (Core Earth): 1, Cosm Card Booster (Cyberpapacy): 1, Cosm Card Booster (Nile Empire): 2, Cosm Card Booster (Pan Pacifica): 1, Cosm Card Booster (Tharkold): 2, Cosm Card Booster (The Living Land): 1, The Storm Knights' Guide to Dragon Warriors: 1, The Storm Knights' Guide to Realm Runners: 21

That 21 copies of the Realm Runner guide really stands out, I mean that's one more than the amount of the Dragon Warrior one that I've sold altogether after 8 months and I don't think I really did anything special to advertise it beyond linking it here, on the discord and on the reddit.

I still really believe that US could do much more to mention the fact that the Infiniverse Exchange actually exists. I know they can't necessarily talk about specific titles or anything, but even a mention of it in the crowdfundings, livestreams or actual ads in the pdfs (pages may be too sacred in physical, but is adding a single ad page at the end of the pdfs too much?) would probably help a considerable amount with getting it out there to the wider crowdfunding audience.

I expected more Tharkold card sales, but maybe that will be after the crowdfunding ends and people get their pdfs.

As usual I just wish more people would leave reviews or at least stars.
Jay Rutley
The Storm Knights' Guide to Monster Hunters, The Storm Knights' Guide to Dragon Warriors, The Storm Knights' Guide to Realm Runners
Operation: Grim Harvest - A one Act adventure set in Core Earth featuring Stormbreak
Cosm Card Boosters: Aysle, Core Earth, Cyberpapacy, Living Land, Nile Empire, Pan Pacifica, Tharkold & Akasha

dchart
Orc

Post by dchart »

Greymarch2000 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:28 am
I noticed some interesting movement in a specific kind of title the past month:

That 21 copies of the Realm Runner guide really stands out, I mean that's one more than the amount of the Dragon Warrior one that I've sold altogether after 8 months and I don't think I really did anything special to advertise it beyond linking it here, on the discord and on the reddit.
That happens. Feats of Prowess is my lowest rated and fastest selling product. Not the combination one would expect. I think part of it is probably perceived general usability, but I suspect a large part of it is random luck.
Greymarch2000 wrote:
I still really believe that US could do much more to mention the fact that the Infiniverse Exchange actually exists.
You'll get no argument from me on that.
Greymarch2000 wrote:
As usual I just wish more people would leave reviews or at least stars.
Preferably lots of stars. Six. Or, failing that, at least five.
David Chart
Spirited Tools
Before the Planting
Citadel of the Red Sun
Feats of Prowess

Return to “TORG”