Have we rescued everyone from the Ulisses USA forums?

"The storm has a name..." Discuss both TORG and TORG Eternity here.
Giant Space Hamster
Initiate

Have we rescued everyone from the Ulisses USA forums?

Post by Giant Space Hamster »

You may have seen the open invitation to all Torg and Torg Eternity fans, but we are not sure that everyone else saw it.

Deanna started a Q&A topic: "Hello! (Deanna Q&A)" and there has been some converstation going on in there (as well as questions).

That's cool (it's Deanna's topic, and as long as she is happy, we don't need to split it) but I thought it might be useful to split off a separate topic for people who have come here, who may want to check that other fans saw the invite.

This is going to be a temporary sticky, but I imagine it will be here for a few months at least, because there might be a few people that don't check into the old Torg forums every day.

If you want to organise any sort of effort to contact people who are not here yet, please feel free to have at it.

(And if you talk to anyone who says they have any problems getting in, ask them to go to the social media pages for The Piazza, and send their usernname in a private message, so we can find out if something is blocking them ASAP.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
This account is only used for forum administration. For general contact, please use my personal user account.
Administrator at The Piazza. My moderator voice is green.

Count Thalim
Hobgoblin

Re: Have we rescued everyone from the Ulisses USA forums?

Post by Count Thalim »

Well it looks like if we haven't rescued everyone then it is too late. The Ulisses Forums have sunk with the loss of all threads. :o

Now we must make our lives anew upon this rocky shore. Learn to survive in this wilderness of.... vastly larger boards, numerous new posters, all our old Ulisses staff members, more moderators... I think we're good. :lol:
"Per Sanguinis, Ad Astra"

TorgHacker
Bugbear

Post by TorgHacker »

Yeah, I don't know what happened. I hope the address just got redirected and the forums are still there. Because that wasn't supposed to happen.
Torg Eternity Designer
Torg Eternity Community Manager
Ulisses Spiele

Kuildeous
Gnoll

Post by Kuildeous »

Crap, I broke it. I started a goofy thread to see who could get the last word in before the forums were locked.

And now it’s dead. I angered the forum gods with my frivolity. I’m to blame.
My Torg Eternity projects available
The Boneyard – Friends and foes within Tharkold's Blasted Land
Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Create your own Torg Eternity content to distribute on DriveThru

Sir Alain Fisk
Ogre

Post by Sir Alain Fisk »

Forty lashes in front of the mast, for you, then, LOL.
When I was running Torg Eternity for my family in 2018, my youngest Son (18, then) had a Nile Empire Weird Scientist with a robot nicknamed Stompy. At the end of the last adventure we played before my Wife and I moved to Texas, he asked,

“Hey Dad, can Stompy have Stealth?” This is a 450-pound robot being made into a Weird Science helper, made almost of solid steel, and he wanted to add Stealth… we died the table-round at the prospect.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Count Thalim wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:10 am
Well it looks like if we haven't rescued everyone then it is too late. The Ulisses Forums have sunk with the loss of all threads. :o
...and...
TorgHacker wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:26 pm
Yeah, I don't know what happened. I hope the address just got redirected and the forums are still there. Because that wasn't supposed to happen.
Arg!

Raddu did say they might go...eventually, but not straight away.

Looks like everything is redirecting to a Kickstarter announcement, so maybe that's a bad setting.

If anyone wants to try to recover anything (by copying and pasting it into a duplicate topic here), it looks like Google still has a cache of 5710 forum pages.

The Wayback Machine also has some some archives of the Ulisses North America forums. Looks like they don't have anything from this year and there are probably a lot of pages they didn't archive (as the Wayback Machine doesn't actually crawl, like Googlebot does).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Sword of Spirit
Orc

Post by Sword of Spirit »

EEEK!

The FAQ and Errata link is dead now. Deanna, do you have this saved somewhere? Is there some way to keep it active?

Wotan
Hobgoblin

Post by Wotan »

TorgHacker wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:26 pm
The HTTP Header for the FAQ's old URL is showing a 302 (moved temporarily) re-direct, which is hopefully good news (assuming whoever set up the re-direct knows the difference between a 301 (permanent) re-direct & a 302.) *shrug*

EDIT: Sadly the forums URL is returning a 404 (not found) message (so far as the tool I used is concerned, but it's not one I've used before- this PC isn't set up for that sort of thing, so just google'd a header tool.)
Nathan Smith
Glitchfinder General
"I don't mean to nitpick but..."

Kuildeous
Gnoll

Post by Kuildeous »

From Discord:

[4:03 PM] Count Thalim: @Raddu , I take it the old Torg forums are now down permanently?
[4:22 PM] Raddu: No, they should be back, hopefully tomorrow
Infiniverse Exchange Word template – Create your own Torg Eternity content to distribute on DriveThru

TorgHacker
Bugbear

Post by TorgHacker »

Sword of Spirit wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:22 pm
EEEK!

The FAQ and Errata link is dead now. Deanna, do you have this saved somewhere? Is there some way to keep it active?
Yes, and they’ll come back.
Torg Eternity Designer
Torg Eternity Community Manager
Ulisses Spiele

Count Thalim
Hobgoblin

Post by Count Thalim »

Forums are back up, though it looks like the downtime was to strip out the posting function so they are solely a record now.
Kuildeous wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:37 pm
Crap, I broke it. I started a goofy thread to see who could get the last word in before the forums were locked.

And now it’s dead. I angered the forum gods with my frivolity. I’m to blame.
So it looks like you didn't just kill them, Kuildeous, you caused the body to be embalmed and put on display like Lenin and Mao Zedong. :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Per Sanguinis, Ad Astra"

Kuildeous
Gnoll

Post by Kuildeous »

Well, I thought that thread would last long enough to grow some legs, but I guess there we go. I got in the last word (on Torg anyway).

Atama
Orc

Post by Atama »

I was going to make a smart-aleck post to your thread, Kuildeous, along the lines of “I refuse to participate in this” but found I could not reply. :(

Oh well! :D
“You are a bad person, and should feel bad.”
-TorgHacker (being tongue-in-cheek 8-))

savioronedge
Orc

Post by savioronedge »

And now I can't even post here, it seems....at least I can't start anything new.

Rabbitball
Orc

Post by Rabbitball »

Count Thalim wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:49 pm

So it looks like you didn't just kill them, Kuildeous, you caused the body to be embalmed and put on display like Lenin and Mao Zedong. :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I tell you, the tombs of Lemon and Mao are communist plots! 😆
Dominick Riesland, aka Rabbitball
Co-Author Aysle Sourcebook for Torg Eternity
Creator of the Rhinoceraptor for the Grande Temple of Jing
"Those who will not follow are doomed to lead." —Anarchist, Magic: the Gathering, 9th Edition

Yoric
Kobold

Post by Yoric »

Finally managed to join!

Kuildeous
Gnoll

Post by Kuildeous »

I don't know this person, but I thought I would forward BrotherBaldr's name from Discord. He says that he's not able to get in. I thought maybe there might be luck if someone posts his name? Sorry if I'm getting involved where I shouldn't.

Return to “TORG”