[Critical Role][Exandria] How much Wildemount info in Tal'Dorei Guide?

Discuss Tal'dorei, Wildermount and other lands in Matthew Mercer's Exandria world, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

[Critical Role][Exandria] How much Wildemount info in Tal'Dorei Guide?

Post by Tim Baker »

With the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount on its way in a little over a month, I was curious about how much we can learn about Wildemount in the Tal'Dorei Guide? Are there other continents on Exandria as well?

Have any of you started a campaign on a continent other than Tal'Dorei, based on the 2nd campaign of Critical Role and/or the descriptions of other continents in the Tal'Dorei Guide?

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Critical Role][Exandria] How much Wildemount info in Tal'Dorei Guide?

Post by Big Mac »

Tim Baker wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:00 am
With the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount on its way in a little over a month, I was curious about how much we can learn about Wildemount in the Tal'Dorei Guide? Are there other continents on Exandria as well?
Excellent question. Perhaps the Critical Role Wiki can help.

The Wildemount article has one citation that says it is from Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, so there is at least one mention of Wildemount in the Green Ronin book. (It might not only be one. There may be other facts that have not been wikified. But we know there is at least one.)

The Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting article has a really good expanded list of contents. Wildemount is covered as a subsection in the "The Distant Regions of Exandria" section of "Chapter 2: Gazetter of Tal'Dorei" (along with Issylra, Marquet and The Shattered Teeth). But I have no idea how much coverage each region gets. (Perhaps this is similar to the "Beyond Faérun" section in the Geography chapter of the 3e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.)

Hopefully someone with the Green Ronin book can flip to Chapter 2 and tell us how much detail it has.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: [Critical Role][Exandria] How much Wildemount info in Tal'Dorei Guide?

Post by Tim Baker »

Big Mac wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:43 am
The Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting article has a really good expanded list of contents. Wildemount is covered as a subsection in the "The Distant Regions of Exandria" section of "Chapter 2: Gazetter of Tal'Dorei" (along with Issylra, Marquet and The Shattered Teeth).
Good sleuthing!

Return to “Critical Role”