Critical Role PCs and would you use them?

Discuss Tal'dorei, Wildermount and other lands in Matthew Mercer's Exandria world, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Critical Role PCs and would you use them?

Post by Havard »

How many PCs have appeared in Critical Role? Who played them? Did any PCs appear in more than one season?

Would you use any of the PCs from the streamiing show in your Exandria campaigns and how would you use them if you did?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Critical Role PCs and would you use them?

Post by Big Mac »

Havard wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:10 pm
How many PCs have appeared in Critical Role? Who played them?
Vox Machina (Campaign 1 set on Tal'dorei): The Mighty Nein (Campaign 2 set on Wildemount):
Havard wrote:
Did any PCs appear in more than one season?
Do you mean one season of each of the campaigns? Or were you asking if any PCs were in more than one show? :?
Havard wrote:
Would you use any of the PCs from the streamiing show in your Exandria campaigns and how would you use them if you did?
I feel like I would need to watch the show a lot, get a very very very good vibe on how that specific actor portrays that specific character and then try to duplicate that (in order to not disappoint players).

I think it would be easier to play NPCs that have tangental connnections with Vox Machina and The Mighty Nein.

For example, Beauregard "Beau" Lionett is a Monk who is a member of the Way of the Cobalt Soul. I think it would be a lot easier to work with other Monks of that order.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Big Mac wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:35 pm
Havard wrote:
Vox Machina (Campaign 1 set on Tal'dorei):

The Mighty Nein (Campaign 2 set on Wildemount):
Lists snipped.

Thanks for posting these overviews!

Didn't Joe Manganiello play in one of the shows as well? Or are these lists limited to the regulars only?

Havard wrote:
Do you mean one season of each of the campaigns? Or were you asking if any PCs were in more than one show? :?
Sorry, I didn't realize each show was divivded into seasons. I guess I meant across shows then. :)

For example, Beauregard "Beau" Lionett is a Monk who is a member of the Way of the Cobalt Soul. I think it would be a lot easier to work with other Monks of that order.
That is a good idea :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Allen Varney
Bugbear

Post by Allen Varney »

The Critical Role Wikipedia page answers all the basic questions, including guest stars and so on.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard »

Allen Varney wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:13 pm
The Critical Role Wikipedia page answers all the basic questions, including guest stars and so on.
Thanks Allen!

Looks like most regular players returned for the second campaign, but all of them had new characters for each campaign. Chris Perkins is the only returning guest player, but again with a new character in the second campaign.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Havard wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:44 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Havard wrote:
Vox Machina (Campaign 1 set on Tal'dorei):

The Mighty Nein (Campaign 2 set on Wildemount):
Lists snipped.

Thanks for posting these overviews!

Didn't Joe Manganiello play in one of the shows as well? Or are these lists limited to the regulars only?
The pages on Critical Role Wiki I grabbed that from, just had the regulars on it.

You can find all the guest actors elsewhere. They have a Critical Role Actors template on the bottom of the pages of all the regular and guest actors.

But you asked about PCs and I have not seen a list of guest PCs yet.

The Joe Manganiello article says he has been in Critical Role twice and played Arkhan the Cruel in both episodes.

If you work out how you want to list the show PCs, you should be able to populate a list the same as the ones I made.
Havard wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:44 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Havard wrote:
Sorry, I didn't realize each show was divivded into seasons. I guess I meant across shows then. :)
Big Mac wrote:
That is a good idea :)
Working with the guest PCs (especially guest PCs that have only been in one or two shows) could also be a way to build new NPCs that know Critical Role PCs.

I don't know what Paladin Order Arkhan the Cruel is supposed to hail from, but it wouldn't be too unreasonable to create an NPC dragonborn paladin that used to work with Arkhan.

The best thing with making tangental NPCs is that you can use the lore of the show, but you are free, as a GM to kill off any of your NPCs. They are all expendible. Not only that, the PCs do not actually know any tangential NPCs. So they might be lying or might even be something unexpected (like an illithid using a hat of disguise).
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Cthulhudrew
Green Dragon

Post by Cthulhudrew »

Havard wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:36 pm
Looks like most regular players returned for the second campaign, but all of them had new characters for each campaign. Chris Perkins is the only returning guest player, but again with a new character in the second campaign.
The second campaign is set many years (at least 20?) after the first campaign, and set on an entirely different continent.
Moderator of the Mystara and Greyhawk forums. My moderator voice is gray-green.

Return to “Critical Role”