[Critical Role] Where can you find good discussions of games set in Exandria?

Discuss Tal'dorei, Wildermount and other lands in Matthew Mercer's Exandria world, as it relates to pen & paper RPGs, here.
Tim Baker
Axe Beak

[Critical Role] Where can you find good discussions of games set in Exandria?

Post by Tim Baker »

I haven't been following Critical Role very closely over the years. The new Wildemount book increased my curiosity in the setting, however. There hasn't been a whole lot of activity in this forum, so I started looking at other online communities. I've noticed that they tend to focus on fan art, cosplay, being uplifting to one another when someone is having a hard time, general D&D discussion, and talk about the latest episodes. I haven't found any discussion of people running D&D games set in Exandria – either Tal'Dorei or Wildemount.

It's quite possibly I'm simply looking in the wrong place, so I thought I'd ask here: where are people talking about their actual play in Exandria? I don't mean the Critical Role group's play, but people's home games.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [Critical Role] Where can you find good discussions of games set in Exandria?

Post by Big Mac »

Good question.

I've not had a chance to build an "Other Critical Role Websites (and Free Downloads)" sticky yet, but I did search social media for an appropriate group and I can't see one that is quite right.

There are certainly a lot of Critical Role fans and a lot of people bought the Tal'dori book, but I've not been able to figure out where they discuss adapting thing from the show to D&D rules.

Living Tal'dorei seems to be the leading community thing, right now (as Wildemount is not out yet).

I wonder if the folks that organise Living Tal'dorei can refer us to any places they talk to gamers who use the setting. :?

There has to be some people talking about the RPG rules. Maybe I am just using the wrong keywords. :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: [Critical Role] Where can you find good discussions of games set in Exandria?

Post by Tim Baker »

I'm sorry to hear you encountered the same lack of communities that are talking about playing D&D in Exandria as I did. I'll keep looking, and will report anything that I find here.

Return to “Critical Role”