[Tekumel] Hall of Stone Campaign

Tékumel is as complex—and as alien to modern thinking—as Byzantium, ancient Egypt, Tenochtitlan, or the India of the Mughals. Discuss M.A.R. Barker's Tékumel campaign setting (including Empire of the Petal Throne, Swords & Glory, Gardásiyal: Adventures on Tékumel, Tékumel: Empire of the Petal Throne and Béthorm) here.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[Tekumel] Hall of Stone Campaign

Post by Big Mac »

Jonathan Tweet has an interesting Tékumel webpage, called Hall of Stone Campaign.

Here is the blurb from his Campaign Concept page:
Jonathan Tweet at jonathantweet.com wrote:Tekumel: Above and Below

Aboveground, protocol is everything. If you are seated next to your most hated enemy, you are to observe the code of right conduct. You show proper respect to your superiors and proper authority over your underlings. The man demonstrates right conduct, the clan prospers, and the empire thrives.

Belowground, power is all. The treasures of a hundred forgotten civilizations wait to be uncovered. Lurking here are creatures that hated humans since before the Darkness. In the underworld, custom is a dream. If you run across someone you don’t particularly care for, pray that you have the upper hand.

In the light of day, all codes of conduct are to be followed that the Empire may prevail forever.

In the underworld, the sword and the spell are the law, and ancient evil waits unseen.
It's a non-canon thing, but there might be some elements there that a Tékumel fan could raid for their home campaign. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: [Tekumel] Hall of Stone Campaign

Post by Havard »

Nice!

Jonathan Tweet is a great game designer and he seems to be treating the setting very much with respect. I like how this campaign is set up with such a clear concept. Who is the enemy. What is the purpose of the campaign. Why are dungeon adventures so important.

I find the "If Only" concept a pretty interesting way to showcase the exotic nature of Tekumel's social structures. Personally I think I would award an XP bonus for things like that.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Havard wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:55 pm
I find the "If Only" concept a pretty interesting way to showcase the exotic nature of Tekumel's social structures. Personally I think I would award an XP bonus for things like that.
I wonder if any of the Tékumel-based RPG systems have built in that idea.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo »

This campaign concept would probably join well with this mapping project for the underground of Jakalla (viewtopic.php?f=115&t=17786)...
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Post by Yaztromo »

Tekumel: Above and Below

Aboveground, protocol is everything. If you are seated next to your most hated enemy, you are to observe the code of right conduct. You show proper respect to your superiors and proper authority over your underlings. The man demonstrates right conduct, the clan prospers, and the empire thrives.
Belowground, power is all. The treasures of a hundred forgotten civilizations wait to be uncovered. Lurking here are creatures that hated humans since before the Darkness. In the underworld, custom is a dream. If you run across someone you don’t particularly care for, pray that you have the upper hand.
In the light of day, all codes of conduct are to be followed that the Empire may prevail forever.
In the underworld, the sword and the spell are the law, and ancient evil waits unseen.
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Return to “Tékumel”