Dragonlance back in print!

"For in ages past, beyond memory and word, in the first blush of the world, Dragons terrible and great made war on this world of Krynn."
The Book-House: Find Dragonlance products.

Moderators: maddog, Dragonhelm

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Dragonlance back in print!

Post by Big Mac » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:24 am

The D&D Classics line over at Dungeon Master's Guild just had the Print on Demand switch turned on and one of the first out of print Dungons & Dragons products to come back into print (via PoD) is the Dragonlance Adventures:
Dragonlance Adventures at DMs Guild wrote:Dragonlance Adventures (1e)
From Wizards of the Coast

At last, the complete Krynn source book that contains all the information necessary for limitless campaigning in the world of the DragonLance saga!

Provides all-new information on the character classes, races, artifacts, and powers that are unique to the fascinating world of Krynn.
The PoD version is $17.99 USD + shipping (£14.44 + shipping in the UK), but if you would prefer to buy the original TSR version (with a loose tri-fold cover) the Dragonlance Advntures article on the Book-House on The Piazza* can help you find Amazon deals. And in the case of this book, the Print on Demand book is actually more expensive than the second hand copies available as I post this! (The Book-House also has product information links and reviews that can help you make a purchasing decision.)

* = The Book-House on The Piazza uses affiliate links that mean that Amazon and DMs Guild/DriveThru/RPG Now pay a bounty to The Piazza that goes towards the hosting costs of The Piazza. So if you like using this forum, you can shop via the Book-House links to support it (at no cost to yourself).

What Dragonlance product would you like to see return to print via Print on Demand next?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: Dragonlance back in print!

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:01 am

This is actually cheaper secondhand, at least in the states.
Tarragonverse Index

Reading
Book/Novel: Back To The Future III novelization
RPG Reading: Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos

RPG Projects
Codename: Eternals (Pathfinder Kitbash, Multiple settings premise)
Codename: Trinity (One solar system with three inhabitated and Earth-like worlds in the Goldilocks zone / Codename: Eternals system, but none of the three worlds are connected to the Codename: Eternals setting)

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:03 am

I have the original. If not I would definitely get a copy. I love the Elmore and Easley interior illustrations...

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:40 am

The cover illustration is one of my favorites!
Tarragonverse Index

Reading

RPG Projects
Codename: Trinity (One solar system with three inhabitated and Earth-like worlds in the Goldilocks zone / Codename: Eternals system, but none of the three worlds are connected to the Codename: Eternals setting)

Jayce
Hobgoblin

Post by Jayce » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:02 pm

Maybe not the best deal in the world considering how many affordable second hand copies there are floating around, but I'm just excited about the fact that this monumentally important D&D setting is back in print, in a sense, and I'm also curious about the quality of these POD products.

I'm personally hoping the Tales of the Lance boxed set will be added soon, with a POD option (even the pdf is STILL not on the dmsguild =\), which was my go-to Dragonlance product growing up, and a product that I still feel is bursting with charm in spite of its numerous inconsistencies. Time of the Dragon was also a fantastic (although unfortunately underdeveloped) setting that I would buy as a hardcover/softcover book in a heartbeat.

It would also be great if some of the excellent 3.5 era Margaret Weis Productions products were made available for POD. Especially Towers of High Sorcery, which was extreme difficult to get a hold on in Europe when it first came out, and tends to be REALLY pricey second hand on eBay. The Age of Mortals adventure path by Chris Coyle and Cam Banks was also excellent.

And since WotC also uses the dmsguild for the distribution of comic books, what's stopping them from using it to distribute Dragonlance novels? This was after all the main way the product line was developed after about 1996, and WotC has slowly been letting even some of the better known Dragonlance novels go out of print. Give me my novels, dammit!

/rant

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:20 am

Jayce wrote:I'm personally hoping the Tales of the Lance boxed set will be added soon...
Boom!

Time of the Dragon has been added as well, which makes me a very happy camper.
Tarragonverse Index

Reading

RPG Projects

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:13 am

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Jayce wrote:I'm personally hoping the Tales of the Lance boxed set will be added soon...
Boom!

Time of the Dragon has been added as well, which makes me a very happy camper.
As far as I can tell both of these are still only available in PDF format.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:55 am

Righto! But I think that Jayce wanted to know when the PDF became available, and being that it was recently added to the catalog I thought it would be a good idea to link to it.
Jayce wrote:(even the pdf is STILL not on the dmsguild =\)
Tarragonverse Index

Reading

RPG Projects

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:Righto! But I think that Jayce wanted to know when the PDF became available, and being that it was recently added to the catalog I thought it would be a good idea to link to it.
Ah, sorry missed that :)

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Jayce
Hobgoblin

Post by Jayce » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Havard wrote:
Angel Tarragon wrote:Righto! But I think that Jayce wanted to know when the PDF became available, and being that it was recently added to the catalog I thought it would be a good idea to link to it.
Ah, sorry missed that :)

-Havard
Thanks for the linkage! :D

Apparently the folks at DTRPG listen to me :lol:

Time of the Dragon and Dwarven Kingdoms of Krynn have been made available as well. Awesome stuff - I hope they'll be making them available for POD soon. :)

Until that time, at least now I'll be able to print my own copies at Lulu. (:

Return to “Dragonlance”