[SAGA] Rise of the Titans

"For in ages past, beyond memory and word, in the first blush of the world, Dragons terrible and great made war on this world of Krynn."
The Book-House: Find Dragonlance products.

Moderators: maddog, Dragonhelm

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[SAGA] Rise of the Titans

Post by Big Mac » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:58 pm

I just noticed a Dragonlance product called Rise of the Titans that I haven't noticed before. Here is the Amazon blurb:
Rise of the Titans on Amazon wrote:Rise of the Titans (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons/Dragonlance) Paperback – February 1, 2000
by Wizards Team (Author)

In many ages past, ogres ruled the mountains of Ansalon. Now a new race, called the Titans, moves its ogre troops into position to recapture a former, glorious empire. Rise of the Titans contains an adventure that takes heroes deep into the newly militant ogre realms, where they must rescue kidnapped elves from the hands of a cruel ogre titan sorcerer.
Does this product give information about the ogre civilisation that the irda split off from?

Is there much information about Dragonlance's past? Would it be possible to run an "Arcane Age" like campaign, set in the ancient ogre empire based on this book?

What do you think of the titans? Are they bigger than other ogres?

EDIT: I just saw this said "A Battle Lines Adventure" on the cover. I don't see that mentioned in the blurb. Does that mean this is something similar to Battlesystem?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

apotheot
Ogre

Re: [SAGA] Rise of the Titans

Post by apotheot » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Does this product give information about the ogre civilisation that the irda split off from?

Is there much information about Dragonlance's past? Would it be possible to run an "Arcane Age" like campaign, set in the ancient ogre empire based on this book?

What do you think of the titans? Are they bigger than other ogres?

EDIT: I just saw this said "A Battle Lines Adventure" on the cover. I don't see that mentioned in the blurb. Does that mean this is something similar to Battlesystem?
This is indeed the second of two "Battle Lines" adventures that were intended to help bridge the gap between the end of SAGA edition and the War of Souls trilogy of novels. The first is The Sylvan Veil, dealing with the Sylvanesti and the Shield. Both have statistics for both AD&D 2nd ed and SAGA system in them. As for the irda, there were two artifacts (one in each of the adventures) that tie in to the Irda history. I don't feel that this adventure alone would be good enough to do an 'Arcane Age' style history game, but if you couple it with several novels you might be able to make something work. As for the titans, iirc they were only briefly mentioned in the War of Souls series with some throw away lines. They appear a bit more in Richard Knack's Minotaur Wars trilogy. I was once told by someone at a con that the Battle Lines series, as well as the Chaos War series were both intended to be trilogies that got canceled due to poor sales before the third books were published for them. Though neither series ends in cliffhangers.
-Apotheot

Return to “Dragonlance”