Uchronia: The Mecha Exodus

It's a great new fantasy role-playing game. We pretend we're workers and students in an industrialised and technological society.
The Book-House: Find d20 Modern products.

Moderator: Blacky the Blackball

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Uchronia: The Mecha Exodus

Post by Big Mac » Mon May 09, 2016 8:21 pm

Has anyone heard of a d20 Modern RPG called Uchronia: The Mecha Exodus?

I saw it on Lulu: Uchronia: The Mecha Exodus (D20 Modern version):
Lulu wrote:Uchronia: The Mecha Exodus (D20 Modern version)
By Erick N. Bouchard

UCHRONIA: MECHA EXODUS™ is a stand-alone role playing game system, sourcebook and adventure about the dramatic dilemmas faced by emancipated transforming robots ('mechas') and North Korean Special Forces in a submarine city, in the alternate future of 2017. While the new Cold War between North Korea and the Western NATO powers threatens to escalate into World War III, the mechas' fragile treaty is threatened by political conspiracies, terrorist insurgents, secret experiments, robot cults, and military escalation. What will you sacrifice for peace, truth, or even sanity? Available as a PDF download (full-colour) or softcover book (black & white). Features: • A complete RPG system focused on stake negotiation and collateral damage • Rules for creating Issue-driven robots and humans • An Iterative Story model • Detailed background about 2017 politics, gene-terrorists, a robot church and robot factions • An open-ended mini-campaign with over 20 NPCs • Over 80 illustrations
The name "Uchronia: The Mecha Exodus" doesn't exactly roll off of the tongue, and I can't find any reviews of this. :?

Is this an obscure cult thing or has anyone here actually played this (or met people who played it)?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Re: Uchronia: The Mecha Exodus

Post by shesheyan » Mon May 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Published in 2010. Never heard about it on our Modern D20 forum at the time.

At that price maybe you could buy it and tell us how far the mark the author was about 2017 ! :-)

It seems to be a game by a small company called Silence Indigo. Looking at the family names I would say that these guys are from Quebec. No updates of their website and forum since 2007. There are two versions of the game. An indy version and a d20 version.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/silenceindigo

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Uchronia: The Mecha Exodus

Post by Big Mac » Tue May 10, 2016 1:29 am

shesheyan wrote:Published in 2010. Never heard about it on our Modern D20 forum at the time.
It really does seem to have flown under everyone's RADAR*.

* = Presumably, because it is in an undersea city! :P

I would have thought that they would have a blog, or would be talking (themselves) on someone else's forum about their own stuff. :?
shesheyan wrote:At that price maybe you could buy it and tell us how far the mark the author was about 2017 ! :-)
It's outside my niche area, but if they had some fan material online, I'd definitely skim through it (and post links here), as it is such an unusual concept that I'd be interested to see how people do use it.
shesheyan wrote:It seems to be a game by a small company called Silence Indigo. Looking at the family names I would say that these guys are from Quebec. No updates of their website and forum since 2007. There are two versions of the game. An indy version and a d20 version.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/silenceindigo
Ah! If they are Canadian, that would explain why I saw a French game from them!

Perhaps they have been talking about this game on a French d20 Modern forum. :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Return to “d20 Modern”