Grim Frequencies - Vile Modulation

It's a great new fantasy role-playing game. We pretend we're workers and students in an industrialised and technological society.
The Book-House: Find d20 Modern products.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

Grim Frequencies - Vile Modulation

Postby Yaztromo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:45 am

Was the fifth installment of the series Grim Frequencies ever published?
There is a reference to Vile Modulations as the follow up adventure after the fourth installment (Dire Wavelengths), but I can't find it. Too bad they didn't complete the story arc.
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Re: Grim Frequencies - Vile Modulation

Postby shesheyan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:38 am

Yaztromo wrote:Was the fifth installment of the series Grim Frequencies ever published?
There is a reference to Vile Modulations as the follow up adventure after the fourth installment (Dire Wavelengths), but I can't find it. Too bad they didn't complete the story arc.

Quote : "Grim Frequencies" was a series of d20 Modern RPG adventures that I wrote for publication via the Wizards of the Coast website. The titles were Far Voices, Faint Transmissions, Distant Signals, and Dire Wavelengths. The fifth was called Vile Modulations. It and the sixth adventure were not published while WotC still supported d20 Modern. I have no rights to the Grim Frequencies adventures anymore, nor do I have any of the files I wrote. That was part of my contractual agreement. I turned my files over, and I got paid, so we're even. Rich Redman

I don't remember DMing these adventures. But I did download them. No longer have the files.

Quote Rich Redman : « Grim Frequencies I don't remember ever writing any "big reveal" in the final adventures. I made a conscious choice to leave multiple possibilities open. Each episode was supposed to put bigger and bigger moral choices in front of the players. Ultimately, if I remember correctly (and it was a long time ago), the heroes had to choose whether or not to kill Carey Vora, the psycho fan, who was trying to stop Christine Dee's movie from being made. I think the four adventures dropped enough hints about Russian organized crime that you could have almost any explanation be viable. Darryl Brzezinski could be an agent of a Siberian cult dedicated to raising Grigoriy Rasputin. In that case, maybe the messages come from Nikolai Tesla, whose experiments led him to the secret of immortality. I'm just making this up as I go, now. »

https://www.facebook.com/GrimFrequencies/?rc=p
shesheyan
Fire Giant

Re: Grim Frequencies - Vile Modulation

Postby Yaztromo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:56 am

:/
I'm the Real Nowhere Man, sitting in my Nowhere Land,
making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo
The Real Nowhere Man

Return to d20 Modern