e20, Evolution 20, a future d20 system

It's a great new fantasy role-playing game. We pretend we're workers and students in an industrialised and technological society.
The Book-House: Find d20 Modern products.

Moderators: Idabrius, Blacky the Blackball

e20, Evolution 20, a future d20 system

Postby dulsi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:15 pm

e20 is seeking patrons. It is intended to be a new d20 Modern like game with improvements taken from D&D 4E and Star Wars Saga Edition.

I'm unsure if I want to get it. I like the idea of an enhanced d20 Modern but there is Modern20 and Spycraft already. I'm not sure why I should choose this one over another. Also I've been thinking that a d20 Modern game is not a good idea. As has been discussed here, d20 Modern seems to be missing it's soul. I think it would do better as a more focused game. Go for Buffy-like, Star Frontiers, or Gamma World but don't try to do them all. Besides if you want to do them all, you invariably need the additional character rules for the setting. For Urban Arcana and Star Frontiers that might not be too bad as it would mainly be new races but Gamma World or a Superhero game needs a vast expansion.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage
dulsi
Storm Giant

Re: e20, Evolution 20, a future d20 system

Postby shesheyan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Patrons who contributed financialy (from 20$ to 1,500$) are starting to get upset over lack of feedback by lead designer GM Sarli. The project is behind schedule by more than one year. Its quite a tragic story : http://www.gmsarligames.com/

For my part I created the logo and the first draft of the cover. I promted him on November 11th about the final art. he said he would get back to me in a few days but have heard nothing yet.

-----
e20 RPG was launched using the Kickstarter Project web site. « The "e20: System Evolved" project has the goal of designing a genre-neutral roleplaying game whose mechanics allow for fast gameplay, streamlined character creation and advancement, and a cinematic storytelling experience. Its name is inspired by the decade-old "d20 System" license, and this project's intent is to help that venerable rules system evolve into its newest incarnation. »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gms ... 0?ref=live
shesheyan
Fire Giant

Postby shesheyan » Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 pm

One backer has decided to make of formal complaint to the Texas state Attorney and to Kickstarter.

http://www.geeknative.com/36183/e20-rpg ... y-general/
shesheyan
Fire Giant

Postby dulsi » Thu May 16, 2013 3:01 am

That's too bad. I didn't end up backing it but still hoped it would produce something I'd want to pick up later.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage
dulsi
Storm Giant

Postby shesheyan » Sat May 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Yes its a shame. There was great potential with the idea. But now I feel that the window of opportunity for such a product has passed. Most companies have reverted to non-d20 products. Those that have kept the system have made them their own. Mutants & Masterminds 3e does an excellent job for a d20 super game. Spycraft does Investigation/Spec-Ops rather well. The future of d20 is not in the generic anymore. Its in the setting specific games. Which in end is better because specific games are better at what they do they generic ones.
shesheyan
Fire Giant

Postby Big Mac » Sun May 01, 2016 4:54 pm

shesheyan wrote:One backer has decided to make of formal complaint to the Texas state Attorney and to Kickstarter.

http://www.geeknative.com/36183/e20-rpg ... y-general/

Did anything happen with this yet?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby shesheyan » Sun May 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Nothing. Gary M. Sarli never delivered. His last KS update was posted on August 20, 2014. His company's website is now offline (gmsarligames.com) and I can't find the e20 forum. Considering the KS happened in the beginning of 2010 it will never get done*.

He still claims to suffer from mental illness and of having been misdiagnosed. Thus having taken the wrong medication for some time. Hence his inability to produce any material. I can't tell if he is «not as clever liar as he thinks he is» or just truly suffering from mental illness.

He is very active on FB now. He is sane enough to give his daily opinion on a wide variety of topics...

-----------------------
*IMHO the d20 scene has changed so much in the lapse of time he would have to rewrite everything from scratch anyway.
shesheyan
Fire Giant

Postby Krimson » Sun May 01, 2016 8:40 pm

I had a similar experience with the Rosemont Bay Kickstarter. The developer dropped the project due to illness which is probably real but constantly posting about playing video games on Google Plus doesn't help his credibility.
Krimson
The Melnibonéan

Return to d20 Modern