Green Ronin's SIFRP adventure Dragon's Hoard

Across the ruined empires of Cerilia, the dogs of war are let loose. Somewhere on a muddy battlefield, a common man becomes a hero - and a hero becomes a king.

Moderators: Idabrius, agathokles

Green Ronin's SIFRP adventure Dragon's Hoard

Postby NPCDave » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:00 am

I picked up the hardcover version of this adventure and was impressed. While it works well running it in the world of Westeros as detailed in a Song of Ice and Fire, I noticed that the adventure could be converted to the Birthright setting with some effort.

I expect either an Anuirean or Khinasi realm could work. The basic idea is that when Robert's Rebellion overthrew the Targaryen dynasty, a significant chunk of the Treasury was smuggled out of King's Landing and hidden on a remote island. One would need to pick a realm that was overthrown and conquered 15-20 years prior as a starting point.

The adventure is broken up into five parts, one section has the PCs visit the Free City of Braavos. A Brecht city could make a decent substitute.
NPCDave
Stone Giant

Re: Green Ronin's SIFRP adventure Dragon's Hoard

Postby The Dark » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:11 am

It's not quite as far back as recommended, but Osoerde's ruler was overthrown ten years ago. The cities of Ilien, Anuire, or Ariya would be the closest major cities, with Ariya the most "exotic" for an Anuirean campaign.
The Dark
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:26 pm

NPCDave wrote:I picked up the hardcover version of this adventure and was impressed. While it works well running it in the world of Westeros as detailed in a Song of Ice and Fire, I noticed that the adventure could be converted to the Birthright setting with some effort.

I expect either an Anuirean or Khinasi realm could work. The basic idea is that when Robert's Rebellion overthrew the Targaryen dynasty, a significant chunk of the Treasury was smuggled out of King's Landing and hidden on a remote island. One would need to pick a realm that was overthrown and conquered 15-20 years prior as a starting point.

The adventure is broken up into five parts, one section has the PCs visit the Free City of Braavos. A Brecht city could make a decent substitute.

Do you think that this adventure could be "sold" to the PCs as being about the lands to the west and east of those developed in the Birthright Campaign Setting (with the "Game of Thrones" being something that Cerilia gets dragged into)?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby NPCDave » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:44 am

Big Mac wrote:
Do you think that this adventure could be "sold" to the PCs as being about the lands to the west and east of those developed in the Birthright Campaign Setting (with the "Game of Thrones" being something that Cerilia gets dragged into)?

So having the continent close to Cerilia be the Westeros continent or a fascimile? I think that could be done. If you are doing a typical Birthright campaign they could get involved through colonies they establish on the new continent.
NPCDave
Stone Giant

Return to Birthright