Princes of the Apocalypse

Across the ruined empires of Cerilia, the dogs of war are let loose. Somewhere on a muddy battlefield, a common man becomes a hero - and a hero becomes a king.

Moderator: agathokles

NPCDave
Stone Giant

Princes of the Apocalypse

Post by NPCDave » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:18 pm

According to this ENWorld review, there is an eight page appendix devoted to setting Princes of the Apocalypse in other campaign settings. Considering that one of the co-authors of this adventure is Rich Baker, I am willing to put $20 down that one of those settings will be Birthright. I am looking forward to finding out if I am right.

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Re: Princes of the Apocalypse

Post by Marco Fossati » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:59 am

I hope you're right :-)

NPCDave
Stone Giant

Post by NPCDave » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:50 am

Turns out I was wrong, the second reviewer had the following to say...unfortunately that accounts for all eight pages.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.ph ... 2#comments
Well the darksun section is 2 1/4 pages long. talks about the setting, background options, athasian cult changes for the elemental eye cult and how it interacts with the elemental priesthoods. Factions on athas fills out the rest. Its really well done actually. I ran a darksun game once for 2 years real time so I am pretty familiar with the old stuff and this all makes sense for the setting

Dragonlance gets a page and a half mostly on background and factions.

Greyhawk gets 2 pages Setting, background factions as well as an "other elements" area that talks about changes to worshipers for the npc's

Eberron gets 2 pages as well, the setting section is bigger than the others got. It offers multiple locations to set this module in and its other elements is also very inclusive with a lot of suggestions.
Oh well, at least those four groups of fans will be happy.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:21 pm

Maybe if we ask the authors nicely they could add setting adaptation notes for more settings as a web enhancement?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:54 pm

Has anyone here got any ideas about how to adapt Princes of the Apocalypse to Birthright?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Post by Marco Fossati » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Big Mac wrote:Has anyone here got any ideas about how to adapt Princes of the Apocalypse to Birthright?
Some quick and dirty ideas

1) I'd choose the an area between Baruk-Azhik, Kiergard, Massemarch and Muden with preference for the last two.

2) The dwarves envoy caravan missing is one from Baruk-Azhik

3) The Zhentarim factions is replaced by the Kingdom of Grabentod

4) Lords' Alliance by the County of Muden

5) Emerald Enclave is replaced by the Treucht Chauchen Temple

I can't really choice a suitable substitute for the Harper (I thin you might create by yourself a Group like that) and for the Order or the Gauntlet (maybe some marines of the Royal Fleet of Muden)

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Marco Fossati wrote:
Big Mac wrote:Has anyone here got any ideas about how to adapt Princes of the Apocalypse to Birthright?
Some quick and dirty ideas

1) I'd choose the an area between Baruk-Azhik, Kiergard, Massemarch and Muden with preference for the last two.

2) The dwarves envoy caravan missing is one from Baruk-Azhik

3) The Zhentarim factions is replaced by the Kingdom of Grabentod

4) Lords' Alliance by the County of Muden

5) Emerald Enclave is replaced by the Treucht Chauchen Temple

I can't really choice a suitable substitute for the Harper (I thin you might create by yourself a Group like that) and for the Order or the Gauntlet (maybe some marines of the Royal Fleet of Muden)
That sounds pretty sensible.

Do you think there is enough there for a "Fan Enhancement" to be written that does what NPCDave was asking about in the OP?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:33 pm

I remember a bardic college in The Falcon & the Wolf which might fit as the Harpers. They were Anuirean, though.

GP

Return to “Birthright”