Birthright Pbem

Across the ruined empires of Cerilia, the dogs of war are let loose. Somewhere on a muddy battlefield, a common man becomes a hero - and a hero becomes a king.

Moderator: agathokles

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Birthright Pbem

Post by Marco Fossati » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:56 am

Hi,

for everyone who wants to luk or even play at the following link
http://pupazz.forumup.it/index.php?mforum=pupazz
you can find the on-line campaign I'm running since january 2009.

It's settled in Anuire in 1525 HC and it's called (non much originally I must admit) Ruins of Empire.

2nd edition AD&D with house rules and some very different rules from the BR specific ones makes it slight different from a classic BR-campaign.

Unfortunately it's in italian since all players come from italy.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Re: Birthright Pbem

Post by Havard » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Marco Fossati wrote:Unfortunately it's in italian since all players come from italy.
Grrr... between this and all the wonderful stuff written by the Italian Mystara fan community, I am really considering learning Italian now.

Welcome to the Piazza Marco! :)

Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:56 am

Havard wrote:
Marco Fossati wrote:Unfortunately it's in italian since all players come from italy.
Grrr... between this and all the wonderful stuff written by the Italian Mystara fan community, I am really considering learning Italian now.
I'd love to be able to speak a dozen languages (including Italian).
Havard wrote:Welcome to the Piazza Marco! :)
Ditto to that. Maybe you can keep people posted on the PbEM.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Post by Marco Fossati » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:16 am

I had asked the PC's to play in english, so we could have admitted foreign players, but they refused.

Foreign languages, expecially english, aren't know very well by the majority of italians.

:oops:

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Post by Marco Fossati » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:13 am

as far the campaign is just in its begin, we're only at the 3rd turn (and I've planned a range of 16-20 turns)

Heirl Diem, Baron of Diem, suddendly died and he's succeded by his only male son, Keiron Diem (one of the PCs)

OIT (Lavanal Briesen, another PC) has become official state faith of Diemed.

Ghoere and Roesone had concluded and alliance. roesone asked help to Ghoere in order to stop some monsters maurading his provinces. Ghoere has sent troops and calmed down the attacks and now Gavin Tael has some law holdings in Ghoere.

Keiron Diem is looking for a wifeof high lineage. He's thinking about a marriage with one of Darien Avan's daughters

PCE (another PC) is planning to start a war between Diemed and Modeore, with the help of Jared Enlien, general of Diemed and son of the old ruler of Medoere (and brother of the actual ruler Suris Enlien).

PCE has also started a little guild war with SASI

Guilder Kalien of the HO and Ruler of Endier (another PC) is closing an alliance with PCE in order to share the vacant guild holdings in Diemed if the SASI will be destroyed by PCE

guild holdings of HO in Alamie are risking to be put outlaw by Duke Carilon Alam is Guilder Kalien won't drop his law holdings in Alamie.

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Post by Marco Fossati » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:11 am

The High Mage Aelies (another PCs) has just avoided an infiltration of pirates from Aduria into the Erebannien. He has evoked and army of undead and he has crushed the pirates.
One of the prisoners has revealed a wizard from Aduria, Jookastaz (who has avoided the High Mage's minions), is looking for an ancient items liying in the old forest.

Aelies has just received a dispatch from Caliedhe Dosiere. the Chamberlain is asking him to reach Jookastaz and to prevent he'll find the item.

The first turn opened with a red comet crossing all Anuire until it had reached the Gorgon's Crown then it had disappeared.

Caliedhe Dosiere had asked to the main temples in Anuire to interpretate the omen. WIT and OIT had prophesized bad omen whil NIT had told the comet represents a sign of benevolence from Haelyn

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:34 pm

Marco Fossati wrote:I had asked the PC's to play in english, so we could have admitted foreign players, but they refused.
Well, it isn't really fair to expect everyone to speak English.

But if you lot make up any useful fan material for Birthright, perhaps you could translate it into English.
Marco Fossati wrote:Foreign languages, expecially english, aren't know very well by the majority of italians.
Well, there is no shame to that. There is a big push for us to dump our original cultural identities and all become part of a blandadised United States of Europe with one language, one currency and one culture, but I think we could loose a lot of important parts of our individual cultures if we all succumb to that.

I'd settle for having a number of bi-lingual people who can act as a bridge between people who speak different languages.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Post by Marco Fossati » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:18 am

Big Mac wrote:[But if you lot make up any useful fan material for Birthright, perhaps you could translate it into English.
I'll do asap

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Marco Fossati wrote:
Big Mac wrote:But if you lot make up any useful fan material for Birthright, perhaps you could translate it into English.
I'll do asap
Thanks for that. :mrgreen:

Return to “Birthright”