Unreleased Birthright Products: DM's Guild?

Across the ruined empires of Cerilia, the dogs of war are let loose. Somewhere on a muddy battlefield, a common man becomes a hero - and a hero becomes a king.

Moderator: agathokles

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Unreleased Birthright Products: DM's Guild?

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Looking through my old copy of 1998 Wizards catalog, I rediscovered the two pages with five products that were never officially released. And I have this great idea, if WotC still has the original files for these products, they could add them to the Dungeon Master's Guild as PDFs and give Birthright fans a chance to buy them as POD books
  • Birthright Campaign Setting [TSR3100N]
  • The Book of Regency *
  • Shadow Moon
  • Blood Spawn: Creatures of Light and Shadow *
  • Charge of the Cold Rider
The two books with asterisks were released for free on WotC's web site back in the day (plus Player's Secrets of Hogunmark, which isn't in the product catalog) as part of the Birthright Anniversary they did. Of course, you can't get them on the site anymore.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Re: Unreleased Birthright Products: DM's Guild?

Post by Marco Fossati » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:23 pm

Player's Secrects of Hogunmark is now available at DM's Guild

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/16932/P ... ssics&it=1

Alzrius
Bugbear

Post by Alzrius » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:01 pm

I'm honestly not sure that those products exist to be released, or at least not in any sort of fit-to-be-published form.

My understanding is that the Birthright products that WotC put out on their website back in the day were completely finished, save for being printed. The implication is that those were the sum total of those finished products. That means that products like Charge of the Cold Rider weren't finished yet, and so aren't very likely to ever come out, since WotC would need to commit resources to finishing them before releasing them, and that's not very likely.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Alzrius wrote:I'm honestly not sure that those products exist to be released, or at least not in any sort of fit-to-be-published form.

My understanding is that the Birthright products that WotC put out on their website back in the day were completely finished, save for being printed. The implication is that those were the sum total of those finished products. That means that products like Charge of the Cold Rider weren't finished yet, and so aren't very likely to ever come out, since WotC would need to commit resources to finishing them before releasing them, and that's not very likely.
Presumably The Book of Regency and Blood Spawn: Creatures of Light and Shadow exist, if they were on the Previous Edition Downloads page. WotC should be able to get them from an old server backup and pass them over to DMs Guild.

Perhaps someone like Richard Baker would know if Birthright Campaign Setting [TSR3100N], Shadow Moon and Charge of the Cold Rider were almost completed.

If it was just a matter of someone cleaning up a manuscript, it might even be worth DriveThru paying for that to be done, so that they have something to sell.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

brassdragon
Orc

Post by brassdragon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Alzrius wrote:My understanding is that the Birthright products that WotC put out on their website back in the day were completely finished, save for being printed.
The text was finished. I still have the PDFs of the Book of Regency and Blood Spawn, and it looks to me like somebody put the last draft of each into the same formatting template used for print Birthright products, but there's no art except on the title pages. Those get the Birthright logo, the TSR logo, and a watermark of the same crest in both books.

Return to “Birthright”