Seeds of Wars - Kickstarter based on Birthright realm management

Across the ruined empires of Cerilia, the dogs of war are let loose. Somewhere on a muddy battlefield, a common man becomes a hero - and a hero becomes a king.

Moderator: agathokles

Arjan
Goblin

Seeds of Wars - Kickstarter based on Birthright realm management

Post by Arjan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi Guys,
Here is an unusual message straight from birthright.net.
We got a message for you from Nicolas ´Blaede´ Nayaert about his kickstarter project called Seed of War

-------------------------------------

Hey fellow Birthright fans!
A few years ago, I developed an application to help our GM manage our Birthright campaign. Those of you who have had to run a BR campaign know how hard it can be to keep track of everything and how much time you spend calculating difficulty checks.

Last March, I decided to try to turn that desktop application into a web application so that players all around the world could play Birthright online. Unfortunately, despite several attempts to convince Wizards of the Coast, I didn’t manage to get the necessary license.

Hence I am now trying to create a new campaign setting altogether. The result is a Kickstarter crowd funding campaign for “SOW: Seeds of Wars”, a 200-page book containing a fantasy setting and realm managements rules (much like in the Birthright box set) supported by a web application.

http://kickstarter.seedsofwars.com

The game is independent from any RPG system, which means you can create your character and go on adventure with any system you like (D20, Pathfinder...). You will also find most of the game mechanics that made Birthright such a great game.

Please support us in putting a real realm management RPG back on the market!

Thanks so much!
The SOW team

Unnatural 20
Goblin

Re: Seeds of Wars - Kickstarter based on Birthright realm management

Post by Unnatural 20 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:43 am

This looks amazing! First time as the first backer!

Return to “Birthright”