a Birthright Pbem

Across the ruined empires of Cerilia, the dogs of war are let loose. Somewhere on a muddy battlefield, a common man becomes a hero - and a hero becomes a king.

Moderator: agathokles

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

a Birthright Pbem

Post by Marco Fossati » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:31 am

I'm wondering if anyone does want to start a pbem game.

It'll be a difficult thing, due to the complexity of the game, but if well runned it could be very fun.

So far I'll think about a game settled in Anuire, mainly southern coast and heartlands.

I'll be the DM but due to the many regents involved I'll need a co-dm.

So far availbalbe regents cold be

Realms

Roesone
Aerenwe
Diemed - already Taken by Zendrolion
Ilien
Medoere
Mieres
Mhoried
Tuornen
Alamie
Endier
Elinie

Temples

Impregnable Heart of Haelyn
Ruornil's Celestial Spell (only with Medoere Realm )
Orthodox Imperial Temple
Eastern Temple of Nesirie
Eloéle of Mieres
Haelyn Aegis
Militant order of Cuiraecen

Guilds

Port of Call Exchange
Spider River Traders
Straits of Aerele Shipping (only with Mieres Realm)
Heartlands Outfitters (only with Endier Realm)
Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports
Maesil Shippers

Sources

Aelies
Ilien (only with Ilien Realm)
Hermedhie
Sword Mage

That's 28 regents. If at least 75% will be filled with applications (plus the co-dm) the game might start..

fell freely to send you applications or to ask questions
Last edited by Marco Fossati on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Re: a Birthright Pbem

Post by Marco Fossati » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:35 am

Game will be a RoE style game (with manors and trade holdings) will follow 2ed rules with a lot more of domain actions avalaible with a different manner of handling actions

actions will be divided in free actions (just like normal BR game), domain actions (3+1 per turn for the lieutnant, if available) court actions (the number of them tied to court level), 1 bonus action per turn according to the character class

Zendrolion
Stone Giant

Post by Zendrolion » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:50 am

Hi Marco,

I think I'd be interested in partecipating, but I'm not so much familiar with PBeMs (even if I took a look at your forum about your last Birthright PBeM campaign 8-) ). Unfortunately, I have very few spare time at the moment, so I can't lend you a hand as co-DM. :cry:

I know rather well the campaign setting (I was a player in a very short Birthright campaign years ago, then I bought the campaign setting from the DM once we quitted) and I own most of Birthright books (apart from the novels).

I'd like to play a realm regent, and I'd choose Diemed among the realms you listed.
"The prince should study historical accounts of the actions of great men, to see how they conducted themselves in war; he should study the
causes of their victories and defeats, so as to avoid the defeats and imitate the victories" N. Machiavelli, The Prince, XIV, 5

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Post by Marco Fossati » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:53 am

ok...I've edit the avalaible regents

Marco Fossati
Stone Giant

Post by Marco Fossati » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:43 am

This topic can be closed.

I hadn't any enough applications so the project is, for now, abandoned.

After all, luckily, I have another good project that will make me busy for the next months (see my last topic)

Zendrolion
Stone Giant

Post by Zendrolion » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:18 am

Marco Fossati wrote:This topic can be closed.

Well, if you'll need a Baron of Diemed for a future PBeM, I'm here! :)

Meanwhile, have fun with the campaign you began. 8-)
"The prince should study historical accounts of the actions of great men, to see how they conducted themselves in war; he should study the
causes of their victories and defeats, so as to avoid the defeats and imitate the victories" N. Machiavelli, The Prince, XIV, 5

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:37 pm

Marco Fossati wrote:This topic can be closed.

Sorry to hear this didn't work out.

I've never had the time to do a PBeM game, but I've met other people who were PBeM fans (I even know someone who did PBM before PBeM existed).

I think it is work keeping this topic open. If people come along who are interested, they can let you know and you can revisit the thread when you have time again and see if you have enough players to go with.

Alternatively, you could take inspiration from that "Commoner Campaign" that Ash spotted and run a one-to-one game with Zendrolion. I think that would be a very good way to get Zendrolion familiarised with how PBeM works.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Return to “Birthright”