[KF's Mystara] The World Unknown

Roll your own. Dice, that is...
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

[KF's Mystara] The World Unknown

Post by Knightfall » Thu May 16, 2013 8:46 pm

I have this idea for a homebrewed version of Mystara that destroys and rebuilds the most detailed parts of the setting. I'm not sure what it would look like in the end, but my plan is to create something post-apocalyptic. The outer world would be completely decimated, and the Immortals would have to pick and choose what to save in the Hollow World, as the 'destruction' reigns down on the world. Perhaps a unknown group of Immortals invades from 'elsewhere' and the resulting conflict leaves the northern half of world scarred and ruined. :twisted:

I guess what I want to create is a version of Mystara that has devolved into a Gamma World type setting, but it would be a little less extreme.

In this new version of the world, my campaign expansion might be where a number of civilizations flee to in order to escape the worst of the devastation that engulfs the continent of Brun. Others flee south, but the destruction reaches those lands as well (just not as much).

Now, how will I destroy and rebuild the world? I haven't decided yet, although random dice rolls (likely using a d12) might be involved. High rolls mean survival while low rolls mean destruction. An 11 or 12 would guarantee the survival of most of the lands population (but not its territory) while a 2 or 1 would be the total annihilation of civilization. A roll of 1 means that the Immortals are unable to save the populace and move them to the Hollow World.

Of course, nothing is decided yet. I have to come up with an initial random roll table, which will be my next post.
Last edited by Knightfall on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Destruction Table (First Draft)

Post by Knightfall » Thu May 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Destruction Table (First Draft)
Dice Roll Result
1 = Total Annihilation (End of Civilization)
2-3 = Devastated (Into the Hollow World)
4-5 = Sundered Homeland (Refugees)
6-7 = Middle of the Road (New Culture Emerges)
8-9 = Hard Fought Victory (Major Changes)
10-11 = Lucky Break (Minor Changes)
12 = Unscathed (Immortal Intervention)

I will be using the two Poor Wizard's Almanacs that I own as my starting point for this project. I'll be going through the book alphabetically and rolling for each of the major lands of the Known World, first. Then I will go through them again for the other regions detailed. That means I'll be starting with these entries from AC1010...

Aengmor
Atruaghin Clan
Broken Lands
Darokin
Ethengar Khanate
Five Shires
Glantri
Heldannic Territories
Ierendi
Karameikos
Minrothad Guilds
Norwold
Ostland *
Rockhome
Soderfjord Jarldoms *
Thyatis
Vestland *
Ylaruam

* Should it be one roll for the Northern Reaches or three? Hmm... :?:
Last edited by Knightfall on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Test rolls

Post by Knightfall » Fri May 17, 2013 7:52 am

Rolling for the first half of the list....

Aengmor = 6
Atruaghin Clan = 10
Broken Lands = 7
Darokin = 11
Ethengar Khanate = 6
Five Shires = 9
Glantri = 11
Heldannic Territories = 7
Ierendi = 2
Last edited by Knightfall on Sat May 18, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Test rolls, part 2

Post by Knightfall » Fri May 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Second half of the list...

Karameikos = 6
Minrothad Guilds = 9
Norwold = 12
Ostland = 10
Rockhome = 12
Soderfjord Jarldoms = 8
Thyatis = 7
Vestland = 9
Ylaruam = 9
Last edited by Knightfall on Sat May 18, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Dartamian
Troll

Re: Knightfall's Mystara: The World Unknown

Post by Dartamian » Sat May 18, 2013 2:54 am

Bummer, nothing annihilated. Did you fudge the Ierendi roll? I think I would of ;)
Dartamian
I'm a Troll!

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat May 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Dartamian wrote:Bummer, nothing annihilated. Did you fudge the Ierendi roll? I think I would of ;)
No, I didn't. The results aren't necessarily binding since it was the first draft of my table. I might tweak it and roll again.

I didn't get any 4s or 5s either. :|
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Destruction Table for The World Unknown

Post by Knightfall » Sat May 18, 2013 6:35 pm

DESTRUCTION TABLE [FINAL VERSION]

Code: Select all

Dice Roll	Result
1-2		Total Annihilation (End of Civilization)
3-5		Devastated (Into the Hollow World)
6-8		Sundered Homeland (Refugees)
9		Middle of the Road (New Culture Emerges)
10		Hard Fought Victory (Major Changes)
11		Lucky Break (Minor Changes [or Expansionism])
12		Unscathed (Immortal Intervention)
This table looks like it might give me better results. Opinions?
Last edited by Knightfall on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Dartamian
Troll

Post by Dartamian » Sat May 18, 2013 11:13 pm

Knightfall wrote:
Dartamian wrote:Bummer, nothing annihilated. Did you fudge the Ierendi roll? I think I would of ;)
No, I didn't. The results aren't necessarily binding since it was the first draft of my table. I might tweak it and roll again.

Stick with what you got and go with it (including the original destruction table). Tweaking after the fact puts the hand of god into it. Just keep on and see where it leads. Much more exciting in my opinion (and much more interesting results).
Dartamian
I'm a Troll!

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat May 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Dartamian wrote:
Knightfall wrote:

Stick with what you got and go with it (including the original destruction table). Tweaking after the fact puts the hand of god into it. Just keep on and see where it leads. Much more exciting in my opinion (and much more interesting results).
The original table was meant to be a test run, only. I had it in my head that I would revise it at least once.

This new Mystara is meant to be a semi-apocalyptic creation, so I want it to be maimed and surreal. A dark world built on the bones of the old world.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Sun May 19, 2013 5:25 pm

I like that you are looking at Mystara, but I am not too keen on this appocalyptic destruction stuff. I guess I am too much a fan of Mystara the way it is :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun May 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Havard wrote:I like that you are looking at Mystara, but I am not too keen on this appocalyptic destruction stuff. I guess I am too much a fan of Mystara the way it is :)

-Havard
I've always been a fan of Mystara, but I've never been a purist. I'm always looking for ways to mold it for my own purposes. And it's not the first time I've tried to reinvent Mystara wholly or in part. Karameikos, in particular, is a land I'm always interested in tweaking. I added a version of it to World of Kulan (and to Dark World, as well), and it could always end up on another one of my homebrewed worlds at some point. There is a steampunk version of Mystara in my Time of Ages/Steampunk Spelljammer universe, although that can be said for all the D&D Worlds.

I guess the best way to look at The World Unknown is that it is only one version of "My Mystara" to use the phrase coined in the fan magazine thread. The version that exists on World of Worlds is another.

Also, I did something similar to the Forgotten Realms with Realmsian Dragonstar (a.k.a. Arcanum of the Stars), although that 'idea' is now collecting dust in the back of my head. I could see myself doing something new, destruction-wise, for the Realms, similar to what I'm planning here for Mystara. Heck, if WotC can rip up the Realms, why can't I? Heh. :P

:arrow: Doing this to Greyhawk, however, is something I don't think I`d ever feel comfortable with.

As for the other D&D Worlds...

• Blackmoor: I'll likely include a version of this in what I'm doing here.
• Birthright: I'd consider it, but I don't have enough of the source material yet.
• Dark Sun: It's already there.
• Dragonlance: It's been through enough.
• Eberron: not likely. I don`t know it well enough to do a post-apocalyptic version of it.
• Planescape: I have my Mirrored Cosmology, which is already semi-apocalyptic -- Ragnarok has occurred in my alternate Planescape universe. (This new version of Mystara might be set in it, since I want to design it for v.3.5. Immortals will likely be designed using the Epic rules.)
• Ravenloft: I don't think the Domain of Dread lends itself to being post-apocalyptic.
• Spelljammer: I have my alternate Steampunk Spelljammer universe. That's enough for me.
Last edited by Knightfall on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Test Rolls: Version 2, Part 1

Post by Knightfall » Mon May 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Rolling for the first half of the list on the revised table...

Aengmor = 2
Atruaghin Clan = 3
Broken Lands = 10
Darokin = 6
Ethengar Khanate = 2
Five Shires = 10
Glantri = 5
Heldannic Territories = 10
Ierendi = 3
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Test Rolls: Version 2, Part 2

Post by Knightfall » Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Second half...

Karameikos = 8
Minrothad Guilds = 4
Norwold = 2
Ostland = 11
Rockhome = 1
Soderfjord Jarldoms = 10
Thyatis = 3
Vestland = 7
Ylaruam = 6
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon May 20, 2013 8:52 pm

The new table definitely gives better results, IMO. Major devastation has occurred, and a new world can now be built on the bones of the old one.

Four lands (Aengmor, Ethengar Khanate, Norwold, and Rockhome) are just gone! The Immortals couldn't even save them from the destruction wrought. Aengmor and Rockhome being gone means the The World Unknown will have less Shadow Elves and Dwarves. Their populations will be significantly reduced.

Five lands (Atruaghin Clan, Glantri, Ierendi, Minrothad Guilds, and Thyatis) are completely sundered from the world, but the Immortals are able to save them by placing them in the Hollow World. However, they might not survive the sundering of the inner world, which I am also planning. The devestation wrought in the Hollow World won't be a tramatic, however. Glantri and Thyatis being gone from the world leaves a huge power gap that will need to be filled, although it won't matter as much in the region that was once the Known World. That area will become a wasteland, for the most part. Ierendi and the Minrothad Guilds obviously sunk.

Four lands (Darokin, Karameikos, Vestland, and Ylaruam) had the homelands completely sundered, but the people, for the most part, survived to become refugees. I foresee these refugees traveling to my campaign expansion area to build new civilizations. However, nothing is decided yet.

Four land (Broken Lands, Five Shires, Heldannic Territories, and Soderfjord Jarldoms) found a way to survive through hard fought victory. The lands still exist in the same places as before but major changes have been wrought to the land the people and their way of life.

Ostland was the luckiest of the lands. It will exist pretty much as it did before The Devastation took place. The main difference is that its neighbors didn't fair so well.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon May 20, 2013 8:55 pm

The Devastation: This will be the name of the event. I don't know what it will be, but I'm thinking alien Immortal invasion by asteroid strike. :twisted:
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon May 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Just a thought, what if an asteroid was lucky enough to puncture through to the inner world?

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon May 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Just a thought, what if an asteroid was lucky enough to puncture through to the inner world?
I probably won't go that far, but the asteroid impacts on the surface will have repercussions for the Hollow World. I don't know what the logistics would be in whether or not an asteroid could pass through the polar openings.

Of course, I don't have to worry about that for The World Unknown, but I want some sort of consistency. What I do know for sure is that the invading alien Immortals are directing the asteroids. At the heart of each asteroid will be a powerful Immortal being along with an army of fell followers. Note that the invaders aren't going to all be allies, but none of them are there to help the people of Mystara.

I'm not sure how many asteroids there will be but what I'm thinking is that I'll roll randomly on a d6 for the number of impacts...

1 = 1d4
2 = 1d6
3 = 1d8
4 = 1d10
5 = 1d12
6 = 1d20

This way I would leave everything to chance. ( :arrow: Practice rolls! -> d6 = 6, d20 = 11 | Ouch! :?: )
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Mon May 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Knightfall wrote:This way I would leave everything to chance. ( :arrow: Practice rolls! -> d6 = 6, d20 = 11 | Ouch! :?: )
Keep in mind not all meteors will have the same blast effect. Out of the 11, maybe only 2-3 have major impacts and leave massive craters with medium size and small size craters pocking the landscape as well. Others will impact buildings and do minimum devastation.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue May 21, 2013 12:11 am

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
Knightfall wrote:This way I would leave everything to chance. ( :arrow: Practice rolls! -> d6 = 6, d20 = 11 | Ouch! :?: )
Keep in mind not all meteors will have the same blast effect. Out of the 11, maybe only 2-3 have major impacts and leave massive craters with medium size and small size craters pocking the landscape as well. Others will impact buildings and do minimum devastation.
Yes, but these will be Immortal-powered asteroids, not typical meteors. Think of it like the directed attack in Starship Troopers combined with unearthly beings laying waste to the survivors. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Empires will fall and Immortals will die. What is left afterwards not even I know at this point.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue May 21, 2013 12:40 am

Next list of destructees...

Aegos
Aeria
Alatian Islands
Alpha
Aquas
Caerdwicca
Dawnrim
Dunadale
East Portage
Ekto
Floating Ar
Furmenglaive
Gaity
Helskir
Horken
Kendach
Lagrius
Landfall
Leeha
Meriander
Monster Island
Myoshima :?:
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue May 21, 2013 7:09 am

first eleven...

Aegos = 11
Aeria = 11
Alatian Islands = 9
Alpha = 7
Aquas = 3
Caerdwicca = 7
Dawnrim = 2
Dunadale = 6
East Portage = 5
Ekto = 3
Floating Ar = 10
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue May 21, 2013 7:13 am

Next group...

Furmenglaive = 4
Gaity = 9
Helskir = 10
Horken = 11
Kendach = 11
Lagrius = 2
Landfall = 7
Leeha = 9
Meriander = 8
Monster Island = 9
Myoshima = n/a

I'm going to decide what happens to Myoshima, myself.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Combined posts with rolls...

Post by Knightfall » Tue May 21, 2013 7:22 am

Continuing to go through AC1010...
Ne'er-do-well
Notrion
Oceansend
Ochalea
Pearl Islands
Qeodhar
Redstone
Septentriona
Serraine
Sind
Surshield
Thothia
Trikelios
Wendar
West Portage
Westrourke
Yannivey Islands

Time to roll...
Ne'er-do-well = 3
Notrion = 5
Oceansend = 7
Ochalea = 5
Pearl Islands = 6
Qeodhar = 8
Redstone = 4
Septentriona = 5
Serraine = 2

Last set of rolls for now...
Sind = 4
Surshield = 8
Thothia = 9
Trikelios = 9
Wendar = 1
West Portage = 11
Westrourke = 11
Yannivey Islands = 5

Next set of rolls will be for the Western lands of Brun.
Last edited by Knightfall on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Destruction Table Results: The World Unknown and Sea of Dread

Post by Knightfall » Tue May 21, 2013 7:24 am

The World Unknown
Total Annihilation (End of Civilization)
Aengmor (as part of its destruction, a curse is brought down on the land; this curse recreates Aengmor as a new domain in Ravenloft)
The shadow elves [and any other races] that survive (1d4-1:1-1=.5% [650]) are forced to flee underground and eventually enter the Hollow World).

Ethengar Khanate (1d4-1: 3% of the population survives [roughly 9,900 people]) (TBD) (could also end up in Ravenloft) :?:
Rockhome (DM Fiat [special results])
Serraine
Serraine is blown out of the sky by an asteroid-ship near the end of the Devastation War (a handful of powerful survivors [4d4+1=9])

Devastated (Into the Hollow World)
Atruaghin Clan
87% of the population survives and is sent into the 'new' Hollow World; their culture comes to dominate the Brute-Men.

Glantri (smaller asteroid-ship impacts [changed to four to match hex map])
49% of the population survives (roughly 296,450) and most are sent into the 'new' Hollow World but the physical lands of Glantri aren't saved (to corrupted); the Glantrians in the Hollow Dimension either end up settling in other lands (mainly the Azcan Empire or Nithia) or work towards creating the city of New Glantri (roughly 10% or 29,645). Those that are left in Outer World migrate onto the Adri Varma Plateau.

Ierendi
An colossal asteroid-ship impact causes massive tidal wave that kills entire population; islands survive but aren't displaced into the Hollow World; the people are resurrected and placed in the Hollow World without a true homeland; they are forced to become seafaring gypsies.

Minrothad Guilds
An colossal asteroid-ship impact causes massive tidal wave that kills entire population; islands survive but aren't displaced into the Hollow World; the people are resurrected and placed in the Hollow World without a true homeland; they settle on new islands created for them by the Immortals and become even hardier privateers)

Thyatis
Most of Thyatis was wiped out by a massive tidal wave; 41% of Thyatis mainland population (roughly 1,107,000) survives and is displaced to other lands while the rest of the Thyatians who died are sent into the 'new' Hollow World (including those from the "Sea of Dread" islands wiped out by the tidal wave; 42% of the survivors [roughly 464,940] flee to the Thyatian Hinterlands on Davania)

Sundered Homeland (Refugees)
Darokin
Darokin becomes a battlefield for the Immortal factions; 97% of the population is either wiped out or turned into undead [13%: roughly 158,880 undead of various types (mainly unintelligent)]; the other 3% become refugees [roughly 37,800 humanoids]—many of whom choose to travel with the refugees of Karameikos to Far-End; 4% of the dead are resurrected by Immortal magic [roughly 48,890] but the results are mixed [aberrations, beastmen (aka mongrelfolk), cursed nagpas or something much worse (chaotic evil lycanthropes w/min. Int {even a few lesser fiends})]; 18% of the dead population [roughly 219,995] is successfully reincarnated by the Immortals with most becoming elves, hutaakans, kobolds, orcs, or shazak! :mrgreen: )

Karameikos
The tidal wave destroys Karameikos but there are a lot more survivors than in Thyatis; roughly 91% of the population survives with 54% choosing to migrate west all the way to the Far-End Ocean; the other 37% either stay in Karameikos region or settle in an another land)
  • DM's Note: Figuring out the numbers is going to be real complicated!
Landfall [Heldannic Territories]
Citizens forced to leave their homeland and settle in other parts of the Heldannic Territories (or elsewhere). More to come...

Oceansend [Heldannic Territories]
Citizens forced to leave their homeland and settle in other parts of the Heldannic Territories (or elsewhere). More to come...

Vestland [Northern Reaches] (TBD)

Ylaruam
A massive asteroid-ship impact sunders the land causing most of the lowlands to sink under a rush of seawater; 12% of the population is killed outright; another 16% die from drowning or massive earthquakes; 2% are cursed into fiends or undead; the other 70% are forced to flee to other lands)

Hard Fought Victory (Major Changes)
Broken Lands
Were able to hold out in The Crater but lost 50% of population; land still overrun by aberrations and a few alien minions. More to come...

Five Shires
The hin made their Immortal patrons proud; they fought long and hard to keep their land intact; their lands receive roughly 44% of all hin refugees from other nearby lands [and 1% of the elvish refugees and 20% of the gnomish refugees from Karameikos] while losing only 9% of Five Shires initial population

Heldannic Territories (in general) (TBD)
Soderfjord Jarldoms (TBD)

Lucky Break (Minor Changes [or Expansionism])
Ostland [Northern Reaches]
Ostland becomes the strongest land in the Northern Reaches. More to come...

Special (DM Fiat)
Shadowdeep (TBD)

Shadow Elves' Territories
The territories of the Shadow Elves is completely corrupted and 58% of the shadow elves are killed. Those that survive (roughly 178,500) flee deeper into the earth. Some of them (20%: 35,700) reach the Hollow World before it is saved (duplicated) in a hidden, previously unknown Dimension by Khoronus. The rest either perish (82%) due to massive earthquakes or survive to found new territories (roughly 25,700).

Thunder Rift (no roll) (TBD)

Sea of Dread (+1 bonus on Destruction Table roll) (TBD)
Thanegioth Archipelago, Western = 1+1=2

Hills of Ka = 5+1=6
Verdant Isles = 5+1=6

Middle of the Road [New Culture(s) Emerges]
Thanegioth Archipelago (in general) (+1) = 6+3=9

Unscathed (Immortal Intervention)
Undersea (+1) = 10+2=12

Special (DM Fiat)
Isle of Dread (TBD)

Unique
Special (DM Fiat)
City of Stars (TBD)
Last edited by Knightfall on Wed May 09, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

DTR: Alphatian Sea & Sea of Dawn

Post by Knightfall » Tue May 21, 2013 7:27 am

Alphatian Sea & Sea of Dawn
Bellissaria
Nothing remains of the two lands listed below. In both cases, an Alien Immortal asteroid-ship impacted the earth within their borders. Another asteroid-ship exploded in the sky above the border between the two lands in between the two mountain ranges. Both lands are overrun by alien minions and the lands are corrupted into barren lands and deadly swamps. 99% of Dawnrim and Lagrius' populations perish. The few that remain are either transformed into undead (roughly 495 spread across both lands) or flee Bellissaria (around 1,275 humanoids).
  • Dawnrim—an asteroid-ship crashes directly into Alinquin. It sinks under waves and resulting shockwave rips apart the land. Any ruins that remain were communities and other structures that existed inland.
  • Lagrius—a massive asteroid-ship crashes into the waters of Blueside Lake. Blueside sinks beneath the waves and earth. The communities that sit on the border with Horken lie in ruins while the rest were blown to dust by shockwave from the asteroid-ship that exploded in midair.
Devastated (Into the Hollow World)
Bellissaria
  • Notrion—becomes the dominate land on the Bellissaria that comes into existence in the Hollow World. Like with Dawnrim and Lagrius, Notrion was devastated by asteroid-ships but the Immortals of Mystara were able to save it completely intact. A few lucky refugees from Dawnrim (another 4% of its population) manage to cross into Notrion before it is moved into the 'new' Hollow World. It's lands in the Outer World are devastated in the same manner as Dawnrim and Lagrius. There aren't as many undead in the Outer World version of Notrion and all its communities exist as ruins.
Isle of Dawn
  • East Portage/Hillvale (TBD)
  • Ekto (TBD)
  • Furmenglaive (TBD)
  • Redstone (TBD)
  • Septentriona—becomes the dominate land on the Isle of Dawn that comes into existence in the Hollow World.
Other
  • Aquas (TBD)
  • Monster Island (sent into the Hollow World by Khoronus [special case])— While this island wasn't devastated during the war, Khoronus sent it into the Hollow World anyway for reasons that he never shared before his death.
  • Ne'er-do-well (sent into the Hollow World by Khoronus [special case])
  • Ochalea (TBD)
  • Yannivey Islands (TBD)
Bellissaria
  • Meriander—this land is ripped apart by the Alien Immortals and their minions, which causes its population to become refugees. Many flee to the Minaean Coast while a few risk fleeing to Horken. The land loses 15% of its population during the war while another 66% become refugees. The rest are transformed into monsters (aberrations and undead).
  • Surshield—in the Outer World, this land sinks under the waves. Only the Surshield Wall remains as massive islands, although the mountains near Horken don't crumble. The land loses 80% of its population during the war while another 7% are transformed into monsters (aberrations and undead). The bulk of the refugees are forced to flee Bellissaria for lands to the west and south.
Isle of Dawn
  • Caerdwicca (TBD)
  • Dunadale (TBD)
Other
  • The Pearl Islands (TBD)
  • Qeodhar (TBD)
Middle of the Road (New Culture Emerges)
Isle of Dawn
These two lands go through a revolution of culture and come to dominate much of the Isle of Dawn that exists in the Outer World. The percentage numbers listed are for population increases. The two lands borders expand to, at least, twice what they were in AC 1010.
  • Thothia (81%) (TBD)
[*]Trikelios (78%) (TBD)[/list]

Other
  • Alatian Islands [main focus on Gaity] (sent through time to the Blackmoor era by Khoronus)
Hard Fought Victory (Major Changes)
Isle of Dawn
  • Helskir—while this land manages to hold its ground during the Devastation War, it is a victory tainted by destruction and grief. It takes over 80 years for the land to 'bounce back' after the war ends. Helskir remains fiercely independent of Thothia and Trikelios, regardless.
Other
  • Floating Ar—loses roughly 33% of its population during the Devastation War and it rebounds culturally in 30 years.
Lucky Break (Minor Changes [or Expansionism])
Bellissaria
  • Horken—remains intact through and after the Devastation War. While it does gain some refugees from other parts of Bellissaria, especially from Meriander (2% population increase), its borders don't expand and it doesn't become a powerhouse on the island continent. There are just too many undead and other monsters as threats on the island continent. The Bellissaria of the Outer World becomes a dark and dangerous place and Horken is the only bright spot that remains. Horken becomes a land full of adventurers and undead hunters.
Isle of Dawn
These lands make in through the war with the Alien Immortal nearly unscathed. During the war, refugees from other parts of of the island flow over the borders into these lands, with mixed results. The percentage numbers listed are for population increase (rolled 1d4+1).
  • Kendach (2%) (TBD)
  • West Portage (2%) (TBD)
  • Westrourke (3%) (TBD)
Other
  • Aegos—sent through time to the Blackmoor era by Khoronus
  • Aeria—sent through time to the Blackmoor era by Khoronus
Special (DM Fiat)
Isle of Dawn
  • Neutral Territories (TBD)
Other Known Island Realms (+1 bonus on Destruction Table roll) (TBD)
Everfeed [Sea of Steam] = 7+1=8
Isles of Steam [Sea of Steam] = 8+1=9
Tortle and Wallaras of Riak [Izondian Deep] = 6+1=7

Middle of the Road (New Culture Emerges)
Western Sea Kingdoms [Far-End Ocean] (+2) = 6+2=9

Unscathed (Immortal Intervention)
Muda [Strait of Izonda] (-1) = 12

Unscathed [Plus] (Immortal Intervention)
Oceania [Sea of Steam] = 12+1=13

Special (DM Fiat)
Cathos [and Vacros] [Strait of Milen] (sent through time by Khoronus to the Age of Blackmoor)
Last edited by Knightfall on Wed May 09, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “Homebrew Worlds”