taking map requests

Roll your own. Dice, that is...

Moderator: Idabrius

taking map requests

Postby Cliffrice » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:52 pm

Post a rough sketch of your game world and i will cook up a full color version. Not sure how long i will be doing this though.
Example of one of my maps.
http://pre01.deviantart.net/e4fe/th/pre ... 8ojyzg.png
Cliffrice
Troll

Re: taking map requests

Postby Big Mac » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:17 pm

I would love to see a new version of the map of Stardock (from the Tears of Selûne in Realmspace). :)

The map that came with Undermountain: Stardock was a bit tiny and lacking in detail and the underside didn't seem to match the topside exactly. It would be great to see one that had the cut out section added in, as well as some more surface features.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Cliffrice » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:59 pm

sadly i don't have the module to reference as to what would be off. I could definitely do a mock up based on some internet pics though.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:10 pm

Cliffrice wrote:sadly i don't have the module to reference as to what would be off. I could definitely do a mock up based on some internet pics though.

Undermountain: Stardock used to be a free download at the WotC website. I only got a dead-tree copy recently.

I've been considering how the adventure might work in reverse, or at least how Stardock could be used without Undermountain. One thing about the adventure is that it uses parts of the asteroid, but leaves other parts unfinished.

I need to catch up with the topic, but if you were up for it, you could ask questions about the canon parts of Stardock (and I and others could answer them) and then we could work together on inventing things to go in the other parts.

Stardock is named after a long, now partially broken, dock, that was built by illithids, so if you thought it would be fun, you could even make an "Arcane Age" version of Stardock, where the port facilities are all intact. :)
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Cliffrice » Sun May 17, 2015 3:15 pm

I am not sure What is wrong with the maps. Under-mountain is known to keep several rooms unfinished so the GM can fill the empty spaces with whatever he wants.

I can definitely prettify the asteroid map though.
Cliffrice
Troll

Postby Big Mac » Thu May 21, 2015 12:19 am

Cliffrice wrote:I am not sure What is wrong with the maps. Under-mountain is known to keep several rooms unfinished so the GM can fill the empty spaces with whatever he wants.

I can definitely prettify the asteroid map though.

That would be awesome. Thanks Cliff. :cool:

I don't want to monopoolise your time, but if you like having ideas of maps to make there are plenty of Spelljammer places that need maps. Any time you find yourself with time on your hand and no projects of your own to do, I'm sure the Spelljammer fans could find you a map that needs to be beautified (or created from scratch). :)

Are you any good at fixing broken poles? There are several (canon) maps that come with northern and southern poles that just would not wrap onto a sphere. The cartographer mistakenly created islands that did not stretch all the way across the map (and they would look a bit like Pac Man if they were wrapped onto a map normally).

Repairing those maps is going to take someone who can somehow wrap those broken poles another way, so that they can work out what sort of polar shape the TSR artist was attempting to create and then rebuld the poles in a new way that lives up to the spirt of what the cartographer was trying to do.

It is more of a restoration job really. So far, nobody in the Spelljammer community has attempted to restore any of those maps. I don't know how hard a job it would be.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Big Mac » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:46 pm

Have you made any maps of homebrew worlds for people, Cliff? I'd love to see anything you designed since you last posted.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Return to Homebrew Worlds