Tudor D&D setting

Roll your own. Dice, that is...
lwhitehead
Hobgoblin

Tudor D&D setting

Post by lwhitehead » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi folks this is much better for my 16th Century world we do a Tudor D&D world, I want to use a 2nd rules in creating this world but I do realized that I have to use 5th rules.

LW

willpell
Black Dragon

Re: Tudor D&D setting

Post by willpell » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:40 pm

You certainly don't have to; every past edition still has its adherents. But if you at least partially convert to 5E, you'll find a lot MORE potential players. If you're just trying to entertain your current playgroup, however, then you have a right to try and persuade them that it'd be easier to convert their characters to 2E than to convert your entire campaign.

lwhitehead
Hobgoblin

Post by lwhitehead » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:47 am

Well I'm not use to 5th version of the rules, but there are some problems with this setting First off the Gods in each Deity gives there Clerics powers and spells and charge them to aid the faithful, Second is that non Human Races how would I intergrate them in a Tudor setting.

LW

lwhitehead
Hobgoblin

Post by lwhitehead » Thu May 19, 2016 8:49 am

I still would like to create this 5th D&D world set in the Tudor timeframe,

But the other no Human Races how will they be able to handle this timeframe?,

Gods and Magic as well?,

LW

Darkanth
Bugbear

Post by Darkanth » Thu May 19, 2016 12:33 pm

But the other no Human Races how will they be able to handle this timeframe?,
The same as they would any other time-frame. They have either integrated with the dominant Race of the area (most likely Humans), or they are persecuted as "Demons" and "Freaks", or they are hidden away and only appear amongst Humanity in disguise (maybe revealing themselves to trusted allies), or they are an accepted part of the world (though one rarely seen outside of their homes).
Alternatively, Humans could be the minority. Elves could rule the known world, and Dwarves could rule the mountains and the Underrealms.
It's your setting. You decide.

lwhitehead
Hobgoblin

Post by lwhitehead » Thu May 19, 2016 12:37 pm

The problem is that when one leaves the familiar D&D timeframe one runs into problems, players are unconformable with unknown timeframes.

LW

Darkanth
Bugbear

Post by Darkanth » Thu May 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Don't change the time-frame then. Change the participants. As an example of our own Tudor period, and before: Julius Caesar might have been a Dwarf, Aristotle could've been a Halfling, Charlemagne could've been a Gnome (Charles The Small- Charles Le Minne- corrupted to Charlemagne by later scribes), Henry the VIII is a corpulent Elf and Mary is Half-Elf/Half-Orc (apologies to the people of Kleve ;) ), whilst Elizabeth is Half-Elven. Richard the Third could've been half-Orc, whilst Shakespeare is a Human Bard. The possibilities are endless.

Return to “Homebrew Worlds”