a Middle Ages D&D setting original world

Roll your own. Dice, that is...
lwhitehead
Hobgoblin

a Middle Ages D&D setting original world

Post by lwhitehead » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:55 am

Hi folks I need help with my 13th, 14th and 15th Century Middle Age D&D setting an original world, a world based on the Crusades, Hundred Year War and War of the Roses.

The War that has lasted a 100 to 200 Hundred Years with the Elves, that the Humans are fight with. The Humans have Military Orders that were created to defend Humanity from the Elves, such as the Templars of Sol Invictis.

LW

lwhitehead
Hobgoblin

Re: a Middle Ages D&D setting original world

Post by lwhitehead » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:44 pm

What I need help with is a hopeful that this game world would become official,

Now the current D&D cosmos which I don't how 5th version sett up the domains of the Gods, it was a Clock then a Tree now I don't know.

One of my problems is that D&D has many Gods, Sol Invictis like the God in Dragon Age is a mono God.

The game city is inspired by Middle age Paris and London but more Paris since it was one of the most cultured and powerful capitals,

Now the War itself is with the Elves what type not know yet, but they fight for because there Chief God has holy land shared with Sol Invivtis,

LW

lwhitehead
Hobgoblin

Post by lwhitehead » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:58 am

Um folks some help please?,

LW

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:47 am

There are no official game worlds apart from the Forgotten Realms.
5e has a Great Wheel cosmology.

What help do you need?

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:42 am

Well, 5e Great Wheel is somehow fused with stuff from the 4e World Axis. It has stuff like the Shadowfell, the Feywild and the Elemental Chaos. But is a Great Wheel in function and lore.

agathokles
Red Dragon

Post by agathokles » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:23 pm

As was mentioned by wilpell in your previous thread, it would be better if you were more specific when asking for help: just saying "I need help with my D&D world" makes the question unmanageable. Pointing out a specific issue you need help with makes it easier for people to answer your questions.

GP

ripvanwormer
Black Dragon

Post by ripvanwormer » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:01 am

lwhitehead wrote:Now the current D&D cosmos which I don't how 5th version sett up the domains of the Gods, it was a Clock then a Tree now I don't know.

One of my problems is that D&D has many Gods, Sol Invictis like the God in Dragon Age is a mono God.
I think what LW is asking here is how to reconcile monotheism with 5th edition's Great Wheel cosmology. One possibility is to have each plane (including the elemental planes) ruled by an archangel or archfiend, with the true god apart from the wheel in some undefined higher heaven.

LW, you mention that the elves have a "chief god"; does that mean they have other gods as well? Is the elven god the same as the human god? If the humans are monotheists but other races aren't, that changes things: the monotheistic "Sol Invictis" deity could simply be one powerful god on the wheel among many.

Of course, you don't have to use the default 5th edition cosmology. You could simplify things so that "Sol Invictis" rules a Heaven all to itself while the elven pantheon has its own separate plane, for example.

lwhitehead
Hobgoblin

Post by lwhitehead » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:27 am

the Church of Saul Invictis(blank), I got figure out his last name, he was this world's Charlagne in life he fought againest the old gods but in death he became a god so to speak,

What I meant by the Elves Gods is the standard Elves Gods and Goddess, againest the this New Human Church about 500 years old newer to the Old Gods that were Worshiped. The Pope of this Chruch is called the Heroiphant

The main city is based mostly on Paris in the Middle Ages, were Waffles are sold on the street.

So the Cosmos back to a Clock, also the like in Dragon Age Magick is seen as dangerous and the main Church supresses or at least control the mages,

So how does work Monotheism in D&D your archangel would be saints in my world they could handle some of the planes for God and Goddess in the standard D&D setting.

LW

Return to “Homebrew Worlds”