List of Homebrew Worlds and their forum tags

Roll your own. Dice, that is...
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

List of Homebrew Worlds and their forum tags

Post by Big Mac » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:34 pm

HOMEBREW WORLDS OVERVIEW:
The Homebrew Worlds forum is open to anyone who is working on their own homebrew campaign setting.

In order to make it easier for other people, please use a forum tag at the start of any topics about your world. The tag you pick, is totally up to you, but should be something unique to your world (so don't use something existing like "Dragonlance") and you probably want to make it short enough that it won't take up too much space.

Forum tags can also be used in the forum search system to search for topics including that word, so you might want to test your preferred tag works as a search term. (Please avoid using special characters in your forum tag, as they stop the phpBB URL tag from working properly.)

LIST OF HOMEBREW WORLDS:
[b]Homebrew Campaign Setting[/b]|[b]Forum Tag[/b]|[b]Ruleset[/b]|[b]Created by[/b]|[b]Search for topics...[/b] Aérrath|"[Aerrath]"|TBA|Angel Tarragon|[url=search.php?keywords=Aerrath&sf=titleonly]Search for Aérrath topics at The Piazza[/url] Almagra|"[Almagra]"|TBA|Knightfall|[url=search.php?keywords=Almagra&sf=titleonly]Search for Almagra topics at The Piazza[/url] Dakan Mar|"[Dakan Mar]"|5e|Dread Delgath|[url=search.php?keywords=Dakan%20Mar&sf=titleonly]Search for Dakan Mar topics at The Piazza[/url] Damin|"[Damin]"|TBA|mindszenty|[url=search.php?keywords=Damin&sf=titleonly]Search for Damin topics at The Piazza[/url] Enondest|"[Enondest]"|TBA|dfryer36|[url=search.php?keywords=Enondest&sf=titleonly]Search for Enondest topics at The Piazza[/url] Jessenia|"[Jessenia]"|TBA|dfryer36|[url=search.php?keywords=Jessenia&sf=titleonly]Search for Jessenia topics at The Piazza[/url] Nightfall|"[Nightfall]"|TBA|Krimson|[url=search.php?keywords=Nightfall&sf=titleonly]Search for Nightfall topics at The Piazza[/url] Oearra|"[Oearra]"|TBA|Angel Tarragon|[url=search.php?keywords=Oearra&sf=titleonly]Search for Oearra topics at The Piazza[/url] Sacarsa|"[Sacarsa]"|TBA|nick_crenshaw82|[url=search.php?keywords=Sacarsa&sf=titleonly]Search for Sacarsa topics at The Piazza[/url] Souldiamond|"[Souldiamond]"|TBA|Saltwater1|[url=search.php?keywords=Souldiamond&sf=titleonly]Search for Souldiamond topics at The Piazza[/url] Starseekers|"[Starseekers]"|TBA|Angel Tarragon|[url=search.php?keywords=Starseekers&sf=titleonly]Search for Starseekers topics at The Piazza[/url] Time of the Tarrasque|"[Time of the Tarrasque]"|TBA|timemrick|[url=search.php?keywords=Time%20of%20the%20T ... =titleonly]Search for Time of the Tarrasque topics at The Piazza[/url] Whiteleaf|"[Whiteleaf]"|TBA|willpell|[url=search.php?keywords=Whiteleaf&sf=titleonly]Search for Whiteleaf topics at The Piazza[/url] World of Wulin|"[World of Wulin]"|TBA|nick_crenshaw82|[url=search.php?keywords=World%20of%20Wulin&sf=titleonly]Search for World of Wulin topics at The Piazza[/url]

LAST EDIT (by Big Mac 23 July 2017): Ruleset column added and Daken Mar added to list of homebrew worlds.
Last edited by Big Mac on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: List of Homebrew Worlds and their forum tags

Post by Big Mac » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:37 pm

I've decided to make a sticky topic to help people search for the topics connected to the various homebrew worlds being made here.

I've still got more to add. If you add the name of any world I've not done yet, I'll make sure I get it added to the list.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:39 pm

This is a very useful list! :)

Should Sarûnia, Kulan and The Edge be added to the list, with links to their subforums?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:22 am

Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Sun May 21, 2017 10:27 pm

You might want to add a column to the table for RPG system (or systems, as I know that some homebrewers here use, or have used, multiple systems for their worlds). My "Time of the Tarrasque" game is Pathfinder.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Havard wrote:Should Sarûnia, Kulan and The Edge be added to the list, with links to their subforums?
Maybe. :?
timemrick wrote:You might want to add a column to the table for RPG system (or systems, as I know that some homebrewers here use, or have used, multiple systems for their worlds). My "Time of the Tarrasque" game is Pathfinder.
That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure I've got the time to go looking through everyone's homebrew to see what ruleseset (or rulesets) they are using.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Big Mac wrote:
timemrick wrote:You might want to add a column to the table for RPG system (or systems, as I know that some homebrewers here use, or have used, multiple systems for their worlds). My "Time of the Tarrasque" game is Pathfinder.
That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure I've got the time to go looking through everyone's homebrew to see what ruleseset (or rulesets) they are using.
OK, homebrewers, chime in here with the game system(s) you use with your settings if you want Big Mac to list that info in the table above!

There you go, Mac. I figure that will both 1. gauge interest in seeing that data here, and 2. save you some work. :cool:

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Abbabylon: D&D v.3.5/D&D 5E | [Abbabylon]
Almagra: World of Worlds: Any rule system but primarily ant version of D&D | [Almagra]
AlterEarth: Alternity/d20 Modern | [AlterEarth]
Arcanum of the Stars: Dragonstar (d20 system)/D&D v.3.5 | [AotS]
Athas East: Dark Sun (AD&D 2E/D&D v.3.5) | [Athas East]
Dark World: Castles & Crusades | [Dark World]
Fallen Realms, the: D&D v.3.5 (post-apoc. Toril) | [TFR]
Guardian Chronicles: Unsure, possibly the new version of Alternity or a homebrewed version of d20 Modern | [Guardian Chronicles]
HexWorld: AD&D 2E | [HexWorld]
Odyssey World: AD&D 2E | [Talus]
Time of Ages / Steampunk Spelljammer: D&D v.3.5 | [Rielun]
World of Kulan: D&D v.3.5 | [Kulan] -> I'm not sure how much this one is needed beyond Kulan's subforum. I guess maybe for my pbp games.
World Unknown, the: BECMI/D&D v.3.5 (post-apoc. Mystara) | [KF's Mystara]

I've only listed homebrewed worlds with at least one dedicated thread on The Piazza. I post my Tarras stuff on EN World and Iceshard is embedded into Kulan's cosmology, as a lesser world.
Last edited by Knightfall on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:46 am

Knightfall wrote:Abbabylon: D&D v.3.5/D&D 5E
Almagra: World of Worlds: Any rule system but primarily ant version of D&D
AlterEarth: Alternity/d20 Modern
Arcanum of the Stars: Dragonstar (d20 system)/D&D v.3.5
Athas East: Dark Sun (AD&D 2E/D&D v.3.5)
Dark World: Castles & Crusades
Fallen Realms, the: D&D v.3.5 (post-apoc. Toril)
Guardian Chronicles: Unsure, possibly the new version of Alternity or a homebrewed version of d20 Modern
HexWorld: AD&D 2E
Odyssey World: AD&D 2E
Time of Ages / Steampunk Spelljammer: D&D v.3.5
World of Kulan: D&D v.3.5
World Unknown, the: BECMI/D&D v.3.5 (post-apoc. Mystara)

I've only listed homebrewed worlds with at least one dedicated thread on The Piazza. I post my Tarras stuff on EN World and Iceshard is embedded into Kulan's cosmology, as a lesser world.
If you want me to add those to my list, would you please list the forum tags that you are using with each homebrew world. (I don't have a column or settings that homebrew worlds are based on, but I suppose I could put that in brackets after the "Hombrew Campaign Setting" name.)

Dread Delgath
Cloud Giant

Post by Dread Delgath » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:34 am

Dakan Mar, [Dakan Mar] for 5e, created by Dread Delgath, Search for Dakan Mar topics at the Piazza
My D&D 5th edition Dakan Mar Campaign setting Conspectus and Campaign Rules here at The Piazza Forums, a Fool's Errand WIP.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:05 am

I've done that now, but I've stuck "TBA" on all the worlds. If people tell me what ruleset their world uses, I'll edit it in. (And if they don't have the time to tell me, and someone else tells me, I'll stick that in, until I hear otherwise from the person who created the world.)

I'm not going to have to time to assess people's work (I've still not had the time to trawl through all the old Homebrew Worlds pages to find all the worlds/tags to add) so I'll be adding "TBA" if we get any new worlds and I don't specifically get told (in this topic) what the ruleset is. (But it can all be edited in later, when someone has the time to find the stuff out for me.)

"Systemless" would also be an option there and maybe also "Various" (if someone has written stuff for about six different rules systems).
Dread Delgath wrote:Dakan Mar, [Dakan Mar] for 5e, created by Dread Delgath, Search for Dakan Mar topics at the Piazza
Done. (And wow, have you been busy!)

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Whiteleaf is very firmly rooted in 3.5, to the point of being virtually impossible to convert to anything else.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:28 pm

Just a reminder, since I've already mentioned it in this thread but the TBA hasn't been replaced yet: Time of the Tarrasque is Pathfinder.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Abbabylon: D&D v.3.5/D&D 5E
Almagra: World of Worlds: Any rule system but primarily ant version of D&D
AlterEarth: Alternity/d20 Modern
Arcanum of the Stars: Dragonstar (d20 system)/D&D v.3.5
Athas East: Dark Sun (AD&D 2E/D&D v.3.5)
Dark World: Castles & Crusades
Fallen Realms, the: D&D v.3.5 (post-apoc. Toril)
Guardian Chronicles: Unsure, possibly the new version of Alternity or a homebrewed version of d20 Modern
HexWorld: AD&D 2E
Odyssey World: AD&D 2E
Time of Ages / Steampunk Spelljammer: D&D v.3.5
World of Kulan: D&D v.3.5
World Unknown, the: BECMI/D&D v.3.5 (post-apoc. Mystara)

If you want me to add those to my list, would you please list the forum tags that you are using with each homebrew world. (I don't have a column or settings that homebrew worlds are based on, but I suppose I could put that in brackets after the "Hombrew Campaign Setting" name.)
Sure I'll add that for each one.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Distorted Humor
Goblin

Post by Distorted Humor » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:46 am

Once I get more on my homebrew out I might ask to put it on the list... :halo:

Saltwater1
Gnoll

Post by Saltwater1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:28 am

Hey! Thanks for remembering my little world. I'm not doing anything with it anymore (it was a bit of a mess, to be honest), but it's nice to be remembered. ^_^
"Join me, my bushes! To war we go!" -A very resourceful wood elf druid

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Malathéa: Gothic inspired urban fantasy for Pathfinder

Malathéa|"[Malathéa]"|Pathfinder|Angel Tarragon|[url=search.php?keywords=Malathea&sf=titleonly]Search for Malathea topics[/url]

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:10 am

I don't really have time to get back here anymore, but Whiteleaf is still being developed in the back of my mind whenever I have time. I have had brilliant ideas about the nature of Evil in a setting where Good has the upper hand, and my life has moved me more toward the idea that this idea should be explored in a cautionary-tale manner, with many highly questionable tradeoffs being made in the name of 'the greater good", and nobody being allowed to "respectfully disagree" because that MIGHT be the first step toward violent extremism. Also, given that the whole setting is explicitly based on American culture as much as it is on European feudal traditions, the Donald Trump presidency has given me all sorts of new thoughts that lean in a very different direction from the Obama-inspired material with which I started. (Due in part to the board's no-politics rule, I will not go into any specifics about the real-world antecedents of my plot and setting elements; anyway, I try to change these enough to make sure that even I can no longer see where the idea came from, since this is the best way to produce something resembling originality which I've so far come up with.)

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:Malathéa: Gothic inspired urban fantasy for Pathfinder

Malathéa|"[Malathéa]"|Pathfinder|Angel Tarragon|[url=search.php?keywords=Malathea&sf=titleonly]Search for Malathea topics[/url]
Angel, you may want to change that "é" to "e" in the forum tag on your Malathea posts. As Big Mac pointed out in the OP, special characters confuse the search function. Currently that search link doesn't get any hits.

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:59 am

Short title: Green Isles
Long title: Road Tales from the Green Isles
Tag: [Green Isles]
Author: Karl David Brown (Coronoides).
Rule set: D&D 5e
Description: Role playing in the genre of British Isles Fairy Tales.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Return to “Homebrew Worlds”