What fluff would you expect from a race with these traits?

Roll your own. Dice, that is...
Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

What fluff would you expect from a race with these traits?

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:38 am

TYPE QUALITY|| - Humanoid (Giant)|0|0 SIZE QUALITY|| - Large|7|7 BASE SPEED QUALITY|| - Normal|0|7 ABILITY SCORE MODIFIER QUALITY|| - Weakness|-1|6 -- +2 Constitution|| -- +2 Wisdom|| -- -4 Charisma|| LANGUAGE QUALITY|| -- Standard|0|6 DEFENSE RACIAL TRAITS|| - Standard Traits|| -- Hardy|3|9 -- Healthy|2|11 -- Poison Resistance|3|14 - Advanced|| -- Rock Catching|2|16 FEAT and SKILL RACIAL TRAITS|| - Standard|| -- Stonecunning|1|17 MOVEMENT RACIAL TRAITS|| - Standard|| -- Mountaineer|1|18 OFFENSE RACIAL TRAITS|| - Advanced|| -- Reach|1|19 MONSTROUS TRAITS|| - Rock Throwing|3|22 WEAKNESS RACIAL TRAITS|| - Unsociable|-2|20

The points are for relegating the power level of it, it would be an advanced race fo Pathfinder. For 3E it would have a +1 ECL.

Large (7 RP)
Prerequisite: Humanoids taking this quality must have the giant subtype
Benefit: Large creatures gain a +2 size bonus to Strength and a –2 size penalty to Dexterity. Large races take a –1 size penalty to their AC, a –1 size penalty on attack rolls, a +1 bonus on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a –4 size penalty on Stealth checks. A Large creature takes up a space that is 10 feet by 10 feet and has a reach of 5 feet.

Hardy (3 RP)
Prerequisite: The race has at least a +2 racial bonus to Constitution
Benefit: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.

Healthy (2 RP)
Prerequisite: The race has at least a +2 racial bonus to Constitution
Benefit: Members of this race gain a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against disease and poison, including magical diseases.

Poison Resistance (3 RP)
Prerequisites: None
Benefit: Members of this race gain a racial bonus on saving throws against poison effects equal to their Hit Dice.

Rock Catching (2 RP)
Prerequisite: Large size quality
Benefit: Members of this race can catch Small, Medium, or Large rocks (or projectiles of similar shape). Once per round, a member of this race that would normally be hit by a rock can make a Ref lex saving throw to catch it as a free action. The DC is 15 for a Small rock, 20 for a Medium rock, and 25 for a Large rock (if the projectile provides a magical bonus on attack rolls, the DC increases by that amount). The member of this race must be aware of the attack in order to make a rock catching attempt.

Stonecunning (1 RP)
Benefit: Members of this race receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.

Mountaineer (1 RP)
Benefit: Members of this race are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb checks or Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces.

Reach (1 RP)
Prerequisite: Large size
Benefit: Members of this race have a reach of 10 feet.

Rock Throwing (3 RP)
Prerequisite: Large size
Benefit: Members of this race are accomplished rock throwers and gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown rocks. A member of this race can hurl rocks up to two categories smaller than its size. A “rock” is any large, bulky, and relatively regularly shaped object made of any material with a hardness of at least 5. A thrown rock has a range increment of 120 feet. The creature can hurl the rock up to five range increments. Damage from a thrown rock is 2d6 plus 1-1/2 times the throwing creature’s Strength bonus.

Unsociable (-2 RP) [Weakness; of my own custom design]
Benefit:When members of this race attempt to change a creature’s attitude with a Diplomacy check and fail by 5 or more, the creatures attitude is worsened by one step.

----

How would you expect a playable race with these racial features to be fluffed out?
When I hit 8,888 posts you're going to see some serious sh*t. :P

Social Media

Ashtagon
Hierarch

Re: What fluff would you expect from a race with these trait

Post by Ashtagon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:52 am

This reminds me of that mountain-based race from Races of Stone.
Emma Rome, otherwise known as Ashtagon
Overall site admin for The Piazza. My moderator colour is pink!

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: What fluff would you expect from a race with these trait

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:57 am

Ashtagon wrote:This reminds me of that mountain-based race from Races of Stone.
I don't currently have that book at my perusal. I'll have to buy it next month.
When I hit 8,888 posts you're going to see some serious sh*t. :P

Social Media

Return to “Homebrew Worlds”