3E/PF - Bottled Time?

Roll your own. Dice, that is...
Angelika Tatsu
Goblin Matriarch

3E/PF - Bottled Time?

Post by Angelika Tatsu » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:57 am

Let's say I wanted a magic item to appear in an adventure, that gave a character more time in a day to do stuff. Let's say for the sake of argument, one hour. So I think in order to avoid an issue with having more hours in a day than there are more hours in a day, it would be better to shave time off of sleeping to increase the amount of downtime for the pursuit of endeavors that are creative, leisure or work-related. Allow the character up to a maximum of eight additional hours per day, or whatever is standard for the campaign that equates to a full nights sleep. I would allow characters to treat this time as if they had slept for the purposes of relieving mental fatigue, but not for regaining hp unless the time was spent doing non-strenuous mental/physical tasks.

Question is, how do I price the cost of the item (creation cost/to-buy cost)?
In caritate, veritás.

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Re: 3E/PF - Bottled Time?

Post by Zeromaru X » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:36 pm

An item that powerful must be an artifact or so unique that making it will cost you so much, that a dragon will kill you for expending so much gold in one single item.

I know its an item from 4e, but do you know of the Deluvian Hourglass? Maybe it can give you ideas about creating your item. The Deluvian Hourglass featured in Dungeon 159, in an adventure called "Ziggurat Beyond Time".

BTW, the title of this topic reminded me of Quicksilver.

Angelika Tatsu
Goblin Matriarch

Re: 3E/PF - Bottled Time?

Post by Angelika Tatsu » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:I know its an item from 4e, but do you know of the Deluvian Hourglass? Maybe it can give you ideas about creating your item. The Deluvian Hourglass featured in Dungeon 159, in an adventure called "Ziggurat Beyond Time".
I will have to look into that, thank you! :D

Zeromaru X wrote:BTW, the title of this topic reminded me of Quicksilver.
:halo: That's one of my favorite songs!
In caritate, veritás.

Return to “Homebrew Worlds”