Writing a Better Homebrew Campaign articles

Roll your own. Dice, that is...
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Writing a Better Homebrew Campaign articles

Post by Big Mac » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Kobold Press have a series of articles called "Writing a Better Homebrew Campaign" up. Here is what is there so far: I have only skimmed these so far, but it's a great series of articles. It skipped August, but it seems like these come out about once a month. I'll have to have a proper read of these.

Has anyone used any of the techniques that Lillian Cohen-Moore suggests? How did it work out for you?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Writing a Better Homebrew Campaign articles

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:45 am

Great find. Thanks for sharing.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:48 am

Big Mac wrote:I have only skimmed these so far, but it's a great series of articles. It skipped August, but it seems like these come out about once a month. I'll have to have a proper read of these.

Has anyone used any of the techniques that Lillian Cohen-Moore suggests? How did it work out for you?
They are great articles and I hope they get compiled into a new book from Kobold Press for the aspiring homebrewer. I have read them but not yet implemented them...I'll definitely be using them as I develop Malathéa.

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Definitely some good advice here.

The first one, about reading broadly for inspiration, is something I already do out of long habit. I have a very eclectic taste in books, both fiction and nonfiction, and I've frequently chosen books to read because they touched on a subject or setting that I wanted to work into a future game. My Greek myth game is a perfect example--most of the titles on the bibliography page on that game's wiki are things I'd read for fun anyway, but some got higher priority because I was running that game.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.

Return to “Homebrew Worlds”