[Dark World] A Good vs. Evil Campaign World

Roll your own. Dice, that is...

Moderator: Idabrius

[Dark World] A Good vs. Evil Campaign World

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:19 am

Dark World: A Castles & Crusades campaign that pits ultimate evil against shining good!

INTRODUCTION
On the World of Maran, whether it's drow in the dark forests, orc raiders from beyond the Sea of Terror, the Vashar of the Wretched Plateau, or the vile Jerren halflings hunting humanoids for sport across wild plains and harsh deserts, evil is everywhere. Evil wizards & sorcerers fight for control of dark, magical cities, scattered across the entire planet, from the western lands known as the Fetid Territory to the dark, eastern lands of the Black Empire of Kiltann. Orders of vicious holy warriors fight against each other for the right to spread evil across the lands of the Low Shores and beyond.

Truly “good” characters are the exception rather than the rule on Maran. Those good folk that have managed to find solace are often backed up by angels and other celestials, who have gone native in order to better protect the remaining lands of good. The region around the Great Interior Sea is one of these bastions of righteousness with dozens of human, elven, gnome, and halfling communities—protected by heroes of the Celestial Paragons. South of the Low Shores is a strange region (dominated by the lands of the Hyberiae Peninsula) that is home to dozens of opposing forces, whether they are good or evil. Warlocks, angels, merchants, vile dwarves, demihumans, celestials, and devils rule numerous cities, where dark heroes struggle to keep their independence.

Neither evil not good dominates, although evil is very much ahead. Demons and devils are everywhere and fight with each other and against the world’s natives. They rule swaths of land, with tiefling servitors, and worse, at their disposal. Some of the most powerful cities are ruled by Archdevils, paragon aberrations, or powerful, unique undead. Demons are more numerous then devils, however, which has meant that many devils have had to form alliances with powerful sorcerers, vile warlords, and in some cases, even the Celestials of Order.

All this makes Dark World a dangerous, strange, twisted place to try to live in, especially if you're a mere mortal trying to hang on to your soul.

TAD asked me to make a Dark World thread here so he can comment. And it gives all you other Piazzans a chance to chime in as well. - KF
Last edited by Knightfall on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Dark World: A Good vs. Evil Campaign World

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:26 am

HYBERIAE PENINSULA
The Hyberiae Peninsula is a hotbed of conflict. The Ruins of Astinian is where the region's original capital was, but it fell into decadence and was destroyed by a curse from the Gods of Chaos. Due of the curse, the lands of the Hyberiae Peninsula were laid to waste causing the badlands and swamp to form. The swamp is haunted and only the brave or foolish enter it. The Ruins of Astinian are controlled by powerful undead that regularly send their minions against each other and the cities of the peninsula.

The lands around the City of Parch are drier than one would expect with a river flowing through them. This is part of the curse, as well. However, the waters of the river are clear and pristine until it reaches the swamplands. (The river runs through a gorge from when it enters the badlands to when it empties out into the swampland.) Parch is ruled by a council of peers, called the Parched Council, who aren't much better than the warlocks (see below). They control every aspect of the city including who gets access to the river.

The City of Ubaay is the main city in this region and its ruler, a beholder only known as The Orb, considers the entire Hyberiae Peninsula as its dominion. The truth is that the beholder ruler can't control much beyond the Cities of Telay and Ferilian. The beholder is an iron-fisted ruler, which rubs the chaotic denizens of the region the wrong way. They don't care for his ideas about law and order. Two barons control the cities of Telay and Ferilian. Baroness Sayinia of Telay is loyal to the beholder, while Baron Fulk Gutwretch of Ferilian is not.

The other cities on the coast of the Hyberiae Peninsula are chaotic places with a bent towards wickedness. Arcanists, known as Warlocks, control the Cities of Ariskal, Hulay, and Yulia. The Witch of Ariskal, a powerful human (vampire) wizard, is trying to make the undead of the swamplands submit to her. She is the only female and undead ruler in the region but is just as power hungry and cold as the other warlocks.

The Madman of Hulay is mad as a hatter, to say the least. He is a human wizard and often releases dangerous monsters into the city for fun. Hulay is not a safe place and its citizens are forced to live there, as the other options in the region aren't any better. The city pays to keep powerful adventurers around to handle the monsters released by the Warlock Freak, as he is sometimes called (but never to his face). The Madman never gets involved in local politics and the citizens have free reign to live anyway they want.

The Dominator of Yulia is a human wizard/monk who rules his city with an iron fist, much to the annoyance of the city's populace. He is obsessed with finding the broken shards of an ancient magical gem, which is said to grant the possessor the ability to become a god. It is whispered that he has put together nearly half the gem and that his life has been extended by the power it gives him. Those, in the city, that talk to loudly about the gem disappear without a trace.

The Cities of Fort Shore and Fort Sand are the bastions of good in this region. They are the foothold cities of a distant land to the north, past the Low Shores. Travel and trade to and from the north is perilous, but the rich iron, copper and natural glassteel deposits of the Gray Desert and the Turill Gorge are too much to pass up. Governors appointed by the people rule the cities. The governor of Fort Shore is a human rogue/fighter, while the governor of Fort Sand is a dwarf knight.

In the Darkland Mountains are two cities. The City of Fellridge is full of vile, twisted dwarves, while the City of Blackhope is home to righteous dwarves, gray elves, and orcs. The city of Blackhope wishes to align itself with Fort Shore and Fort Sand, but pressure from The Orb has put them off aligning with the two cities.

Two other cities are on the map. The City of Belthi is a dark, vile place where devils walk openly in the street. Half of its citizens are native outsiders such as genies, half-fiends, and a few fallen celestials. Its ruler is a massive, mysterious, unnamed pit fiend who controls the city without question. The city has permanent gates to the Infernal Hells, but they are rarely used anymore, as the devils of the city of Belthi have been forgotten by the Infernal Imperium. The pit fiend likes it that way, as it strengthens its hold on the city. (The denizens of the city worship the pit fiend as a god.)

Opposite of Belthi is the City of Sharis. In Sharis, good rules. A quarter of the city’s citizens are half-celestials, as well as few native angels. Another quarter is made up of elves, half-elves, and a few goodhearted drow. The remaining citizens are human for the most part. An ancient being of epic power known as The Elf Lord rules the city. He is a elf paladin and he has a powerful Council of Patriarchs, made up of celestials and other powerful city natives that help him govern the city and protect The Shining Forest from the machinations of evildoers. The Elf Lord has had contact with The Orb, but the two cannot seem to come to terms for a peace alliance, due to differences in philosophy.

Last edited by Knightfall on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:28 am

GREAT INTERIOR SEA REGION
The Great Interior Sea Region is one of the few places on Maran that is dominated by good. Its kingdoms and protectorates are shining examples in a very evil world. Surrounded by enemies on all sides these lands holdout through sheer willpower and strength of faith in the Gods of Good. Yet, evil lurks in the deep, dark forests surrounding these lands, and the Virtuous Realms, as they’re referred to, stand isolated from the world.

The most powerful of these lands are the Realms of the Heart, Angel Heart, Castle Heart, and the Heart of the Reverie, which stand on the shores of the Great Interior Sea. Angel Heart is a land dominated by angels and other celestials and is often referred to as the Kingdom of Nirvana. Castle Heart is a land of shining knights and is one of the few lands with a strong force of paladins and other holy warriors. The Heart of the Reverie is the largest standing elven kingdom still in existence. These three pillars of good are all that stands between the Virtuous Realms and the evil of the Drow Lands and the elemental princes of the Steaming Pits.

Two other lands stand as protectors of the citizens of the Virtuous Realms — the Bastion Kingdom of the southern shore and the Burnished Kingdom of the northern shore. The Bastion Kingdom is a human land known for its no-nonsense warrior tradition and vigilance against the machinations of the warlords of the Treacherous Warlands to the south of the Slaughter Weald. The Burnished Kingdom is a land dominated by gnomes, dwarves, and halflings who protect the Virtuous Realms from the burning insanity of the Demon Hoarders of the northern forests, which are twisted mass of burning timber and insane, vile-touched treants (or worse).

The last two lands of the Virtuous Realms are, for the most part, protected by the fact that they have little to offer a conquering force. The lands around the eastern shoreline of the Great Interior Sea — the Charylands and the Sundered Shore — are quite barren and hardly considered hospitable. The Charylands are a little better off as they fall under the protection of the Bastion Kingdom, but the region is considered a poor place to try and make a living as the denizens of the Slaughter Weald are more of open threat here. The Sundered Shore is a wild place patrolled by elite rangers and inhabited by moral barbarian tribes who have aligned themselves with both the Burnished Kingdom and the fey elves of The High Weald. They are a proud people who insist on protecting their lands, their way.

Already mentioned were the Drow Lands, the Steaming Pits, the Slaughter Weald, and the High Weald. All of these lands are considered to be less than virtuous if not completely evil. The Drow Lands are fairly self-explanatory. The drow of the world of Maran believe in evil in all its forms; they tend to be “more lawful” if living on the surface, but not always, and there are dozens of Fortified Houses scattered throughout the dark forests west of Great Interior Sea. These drow households are huge, walled compounds that are independent but often politically-aligned to other Houses in the region. It is said that the most powerful drow matriarchies and patriarchies have fiendish blood and make pacts with evil outsiders.

Beyond the Drow Lands lies the Steaming Pits. This unnatural region is basically an enormous, shallow canyon that is filled with hot, boiling mud. Princes of Elemental Evil rule here whether they be Earth, Ooze, Steam, or Water Lords of Evil. The region is patrolled constantly by these evil Elemental Princes’ minions as well as roaming groups of mud elementals and much fouler creatures. It is said that a realm of good once controlled the canyon and that it was brought low when a cabal of evil wizards and sorcerers opened several rifts to the elemental planes. Scholars of the Virtuous Realms believe that several powerful magical relics of good still exist, buried deep beneath the boiling mud, to be rescued.

The region known as the Slaughter Weald isn’t a kingdom; its more like a burnt-out, withered battlefield where the Bastion Kingdom and the warlords of the Treacherous Warlands constantly fight each other for ground. It is a blackened no-man’s-land where foul beasts walk during the day and deadly undead seek to feed during the night. Only the very brave or very foolish would dare cross this region alone or in small groups (i.e. adventurers). Another place where it is unsafe to tread day or night is the land known as LittleRot. Located east of The Sundered Shore, this land was full of halfling communities more than 400 years ago. Now it is a destroyed land that acts as a buffer between the Sundered Shore and the warlords of the Low Shores. The land isn’t safe, however, as its former denizens have either degenerated into evil, feral Jerren or become undead guardians of the fallen halfling communities.

South of LittleRot and east of the Slaughter Weald is the enigma that is the High Weald. Here a race of fey-like elves lives in relative peace and harmony with nature, yet they become openly violent towards any beings that dare enter their lands without invitation. They are usually free-spirited but passive towards others, and they have powerful shamans as their leaders. The barbarians of the Sundered Shore believe that they are the divine servants of the Detached Gods, and their devotion to the High Elves of the Weald borders on worship. The other denizens of the Virtuous Realms give this region a wide berth.

The three mountain ranges nearest to the Great Interior Sea affect the lives of the citizens of the Virtuous Realms in different ways, if at all. The distant Smoking Mountains only troubles the minds of the virtuous when its volcanic peaks rumble, threatening to erupt. The Spikes of the Fallen are more troublesome as the high mountains are known for evil humanoids, giants, aberrations, and fallen angels. The smaller Kilnpeaks offer some solace as they are home to goodhearted dwarves and gnomes who are allied with the denizens of the Burnished Kingdom.

Not really considered a part of the Great Interior Sea Region, the lands surrounding it — the Treacherous Warlands, the Low Shores, and the Burnt Forests of the Demon Hoarders — are some of the most despicable and warlike on the world of Maran. The Burnt Forests of the Demon Hoarders are the most troublesome as they are truly the closest, but the evil warmongers of the Treacherous Warlands come a close second. The warlords and evil rulers of the Low Shores are less of a problem as they would rather fight with each other and raid into the southern lands east of the Smoking Mountains. The Demon Hoarders are a race of humans similar to the Vashar but with both demon and dragon ancestry. Not all of these people are evil but most are. The warlords of Treacherous Warlands tend toward lawfulness or neutrality in morals while those of the Low Shores are almost always bent towards evil.

Last edited by Knightfall on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:38 am

LANDS OF ASASTIL
Still to be written.

Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:40 am

STANDARD RACES

C&C Players Handbook
Human
Half-Orc
Halfling

3e Races also in C&C Monsters and Treasure
Drow
Goblin
Hobgoblin
Kobold
Orc

Other Races [BECMI, 1e/2e, 3e/d20, 4e, etc.]
Lupin [DCv1]
Tabaxi [d20 Tome of Horrors: Revised]
Tiefling
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:40 am

NONSTANDARD RACES

C&C Players Handbook
Dwarf
Elf
Gnome
Half-Elf

3e Races also in C&C Monsters and Treasure
Bugbear [Large-sized, 3 HD]
Gnoll [Large-sized, 2 HD]
Lizardfolk
Minotaur [Large-sized, 7 HD]

Other Races [BECMI, 1e/2e, 3e/d20, 4e, etc.]
Aasimar
Chameleon Man
Darkwing
Hutaakan
Jerren [3e BoVD]
Mul
Vashar [3e BoVD]
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:43 am

STANDARD CLASSES

C&C Players Handbook
Assassin
Barbarian [cannot be lawful]
Cleric
Fighter
Knight
Rogue [cannot be lawful good]
Wizard

3e Classes
Adept [known as Shaman] [DMG]
- Prime Attribute: Wisdom
Witch [DMG]
- Prime Attribute: Charisma

Other Classes
Archer [Tome of Diversity] (maybe)
Psionicist [The Book of the Mind (a fan made adaptation of 2e psionics)]
Veteran [OGL Darkness & Dread] (maybe)
- Prime Attribute: Strength
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:46 am

NONSTANDARD CLASSES

C&C Players Handbook
Bard
Druid
Illusionist
Monk [cannot be chaotic]
Paladin
Ranger [neutral (any)]

3e Classes
Death Master [DCv1] (maybe)
- Prime Attribute: Intelligence
Mountebank [DCv1]
- Prime Attribute: Charisma

Other Classes
Alchemist [OGL Darkness & Dread] (maybe)
- Prime Attribute: Intelligence
Physician [OGL Darkness & Dread]
- Prime Attribute: Wisdom
Witch Hunter [Tome of Diversity]
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:49 am

DEITIES
Dark World Deities

Good
Altua [3e Complete Warrior]
Bahamut
Aphulæn
Helek
Heironeous
Pelor
Sarenrae [PFRPG]
Satiria

Neutral
Aladius
Aoskar [2e On Hallowed Ground]
Celestian
Ion
Maldar
Obad-Hai
Pharasma [PFRPG]
St. Cuthbert
Vaflar
Volrai
Zyrcek

Evil
The Dark God [2e Monster Mythology]
Hextor
Karaan [3e BoVD]
Nerull
Orcus
The Patient One [3e BoVD]
Rallaster [3e BoVD]
Riath
Scahrossar [3e BoVD]
Tiamat
Vecna
The Xammux [3e BoVD]
Yeathan [3e BoVD]
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Angel Tarragon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:45 am

Interesting material so far. Not much to comment on yet, but i have one q;

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Interesting material so far. Not much to comment on yet, but i have one q;

Um, a giant, stable whirlpool. A maelstrom.

More specifically, I see it as a permanent vortex portal to another plane. Maybe Elemental Water. I don't know at this point.

That area of the map is beyond what I've worked on so far. The islands (or mini-continents) that surround the maelstrom will likely be very dangerous and isolated. The seas around the maelstrom are treacherous, to say the least.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:01 pm

DROW
Description still to be written.

RACIAL TRAITS AND ABILITIES

Animosity (Elves): The division between elves and drow elves is well documented. A shared bloodline only make this f-elves distrust stronger. As a result, drow elves suffer a -2 penalty to charisma checks when dealing with elves and half-elves to whom they are not closely associated.

Deepvision: Drow elves can see in complete darkness for up to 120 feet.

Enhanced Senses: As per the Elf entry on pg. 36 of the C&C Players Handbook.

Light Blindness: Drow elves are blinded for 1 round when suddenly exposed to bright light (such as sunlight). A drow elf suffers a -10 penalty to attack when blind and attackers gain a +5 situational bonus against a blind drow elf as per pg. 131 of the C&C Players Handbook.

Poison: As per the Drow Elf subsection on pg. 33 of C&C Monsters & Treasure.

Spells: Drow elves have an innate ability to cast the following spells once per day as a 1st-level caster: dancing lights, darkness, and faerie fire. These innate spells are in addition to any spells available to drow elves of spellcasting classes. (Based on 3e drow elf.)

Spell Resistance: Drow elves have a spell resistance of 3. Drow elves also receive a +2 bonus to saving throws against all spells and spell-like abilities. However, when making saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities that charm or unnaturally cause sleep, drow elves receive a +10 bonus instead of their standard bonus. (The bonuses do not stack.) Drow elf spell resistance allows a saving throw against Sleep, even though Sleep normally does not have a saving throw.

Spot Hidden Doors (Wisdom): As per the Elf entry on pg. 36 of the C&C Players Handbook.

Weapon Training: Drow elves begin play with a +1 bonus to hit with one of the following weapons: hand crossbow, rapier, or short sword.

Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon and any three of the following: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, Goblinoid, and Kuo-Toan.
Size: Medium
Movement: 30 feet
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, +1 Intelligence, -1 Constitution, -1 Charisma
Typical Classes: Assassin, Cleric, Death Master, Fighter, Psionicist, Ranger, Rogue, Wizard
Assassin Modifiers: +2 to find traps, +2 to listen, +2 to poison
Ranger Modifiers: +2 to delay poison, +2 to find traps
Rogue Modifiers: +2 to find traps, +2 to listen

Physical Characteristics
▪ 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 feet tall
▪ 85 to 130 pounds
Last edited by Knightfall on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:02 pm

GOBLIN

Darkvision: Goblins can see in complete darkness for up to 60 feet.

Worg Rider (Dexterity): Goblins grow up around worgs and instictively know how to ride them. Without the need for an attribute check, goblins can saddle, mount, ride and dismount; perform simple leaps and obstacle maneuvers (no more than 2 feet in height and move around small items such as barrels); fight from a worg during combat (melee and ranged) without penalty; control the worg in combat; guide the worg with the knees; and stay in the saddle when a worg rears or bolts. When fighting from a worg trained for war, a goblin can direct the worg to attack and still make his/her attack normally.

Languages: Common, Goblinoid, and any three of the following: Draconic, Elf, Giant, Gnoll, Ogre, Orc.
Size: Small
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, -1 Strength, -1 Charisma
Typical Classes: Assassin, Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Shaman
Assassin and Rogue Modifiers: +3 to hide, +3 move silent
Ranger Modifiers: +3 to conceal, +3 move silent

Physical Characteristics
▪ 3 to 3-1/2 feet tall
▪ 40 to 45 pounds
Last edited by Knightfall on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:03 pm

HOBGOBLIN

Darkvision: Hobgoblins can see in complete darkness for up to 60 feet.

Enmity (Elves): Hobgoblins hate elves and will attack them before all others. When in combat against elves, this unyielding hatred allows hobgoblins a +1 to hit elven foes. Hobgoblins have a similar distrust of half-elves. Hobgoblins find the thought of inter-breeding with elves disgusting, and their relentless antipathy towards elves negatively affects hobgoblin relations with half-elves. Hobgoblins suffer a -4 to charisma checks when interacting with half-elves and elves.

Languages: Common, Goblinoid, and any three of the following: Draconic, Dwarf, Infernal, Giant, Ogre, Orc.
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, +1 Constitution, -1 Charisma
Typical Classes: Assassin, Cleric, Death Master, Fighter, Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Shaman, Wizard
Assassin and Rogue Modifiers: +3 to move silent
Ranger Modifiers: +3 to conceal

Physical Characteristics
▪ 6 to 7 feet tall
▪ 160 to 250 pounds
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:07 pm

KOBOLD

Darkvision: Kobolds can see in complete darkness for up to 60 feet.

Light Sensitivity: Kobolds suffer a -1 penalty to all attacks made in bright light.

Scaly: Kobolds have a +1 natural Armor Class bonus.

Languages: Common, Draconic, and Undercommon.
Size: Small
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, -2 Strength, -1 Constitution
Typical Classes: Fighter, Illusionist, Rogue, Shaman, Witch
Assassin and Rogue Modifiers: +2 to hide, +3 to find traps
Ranger Modifiers: +2 to conceal, +3 to find traps

Physical Characteristics
▪ 2 to 2-1/2 feet
▪ 35 to 45 pounds
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:08 pm

ORC

Darkvision: Orcs can see in complete darkness for up to 60 feet.

Enhanced Sense of Smell: As per the Half-Orc entry on pg. 39 of the C&C Players Handbook.

Enmity (Elves): Orcs hate elves and will attack them before all others. When in combat against elves, this unyielding hatred allows orcs a +1 to hit elven foes. Orcs have a similar distrust of half-elves. Orcs find the thought of inter-breeding with elves disgusting, and their relentless antipathy towards elves negatively affects orcs relations with half-elves. Orcs suffer a -4 to charisma checks when interacting with half-elves and elves.

Light Sensitivity: Orcs suffer a -1 penalty to all attacks made in bright light.

Resistant to Disease: Orcs receive a +2 bonus to all disease saving throws.

Languages: Goblin, Orc, and one of the following: Common, Elf, Giant.
Attribute Modifiers: +2 Strength, +1 Constitution, -1 Intelligence, -1 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
Typical Classes: Assassin, Barbarian, Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue

Physical Characteristics
▪ 6 to 6-1/2 feet tall
▪ 190 to 220 pounds
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:10 pm

LUPIN

Darkvision: A lupin can see in complete darkness for up to 60 feet.

Enhanced Sense of Smell: As per the Half-Orc entry on pg. 39 of the C&C Players Handbook.

Enmity (Werewolves): Werewolves are the ancient foes of lupins, which is ingrained in the lupin psyche. When in combat against werewolves, this ancient anger allows lupins a +1 to hit werewolves. Lupins suffer a -4 to charisma checks when interacting with werewolves.

Natural Weapons: If fighting without weapons, a lupin can make one bite attack every round (1d4 damage). If using a weapon, he/she can strike with the weapon and apply the bite in the same round. Multiple attacks allowed by higher levels only apply to weapons.

Odor Penalty: A lupin's acute sense of smell forces them to save against odor-based attacks with a -2 penalty.

Languages: Common, Lupin, and any three of the following: Elf, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblinoid, Halfling.
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Strength, +1 Constitution, -1 Intelligence, -1 Wisdom
Typical Classes: Bard, Cleric, Fighter, Knight, Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Witch Hunter
Assassin and Rogue Modifiers: +2 to find traps, +3 to listen
Knight Modifiers: +2 to horsemanship
Ranger Modifiers: +2 to find traps, +2 to track

Physical Characteristics
▪ 5 to 7 feet tall
▪ 145 to 185 pound
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:12 pm

TABAXI

Darkvision: A tabaxi can see in complete darkness for up to 60 feet.

Grappler: A tabaxi grapples with opponents as if he/she is a Large creature and has Strength as his/her prime attribute, which sets a tabaxi's grapple AC to 18. A tabaxi also gains a +2 bonus when attempting to grab and hold a defender.

Hit Dice Bonus: A tabaxi character doubles his/her first two Hit Die rolls, no matter his/her chosen character class to simulate his/her racial Hit Dice. Add any bonuses for high Constitution scores after doubling the roll of the die. For example, a female tabaxi fighter with a Constitution score of 16 rolls 1d10, multiplies the results by 2, and adds +2 to determine her hit points. If her roll is 4 for 1st-level, she starts play with 10 hit point (4 x 2 = 8 + 2 = 10). After gaining enough XP to reach 2nd-level, she would double her hit point roll and add her Constitution modifier again. After that she gains hit points normally.

Natural Weapons: If fighting without weapons, a tabaxi can make two claw attacks and one bite attack every round (1d4x2, 1d3 damage). If using a weapon, he/she can strike with the weapon and apply a bite in the same round. Multiple attacks allowed by higher levels only apply to weapons.

Rake: If a tabaxi hits on a successful charge, he/she can make two rake attacks with its leg's claws. These attacks have an additional +3 bonus to hit, and inflict 1d4 points of damage each.

Tough Hide: A tabaxi has a +1 natural Armor Class bonus.

Languages: Tabaxi, Common, and any two of the following: Elf, Goblinoid, Gnome, Orc.
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +1 Constitution, +1 Wisdom, -3 Charisma
Typical Classes: Barbarian, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Shaman, Witch
Assassin and Rogue Modifiers: +4 to climb, +2 to hide, +2 to move silent
Ranger Modifiers: +4 to scale, +2 to conceal, +2 to move silent

Physical Characteristics
▪ 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 feet tall
▪ 140 to 160 pounds
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:13 pm

TIEFLING

Darkness: Tieflings have an innate ability to cast the darkness spell once per day as a 1st-level caster. This innate spell is in addition to any spells available to tieflings of spellcasting classes.

Darkvision: Tieflings can see in complete darkness for up to 60 feet.

Resist Elements: Tieflings receive a +2 bonus to saving throws against cold, electricity, and fire attacks.

Languages: Common, Infernal, and any three of the following: Draconic, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Goblinoid, Halfling, Orc.
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Dexterity, +1 Intelligence, -1 Charisma
Typical Classes: Assassin, Death Master, Fighter, Illusionist, Mountebank, Rogue, Witch, Wizard
Assassin Modifiers: +2 to hide, +2 to disguise
Illusionist Modifiers: +2 to disguise
Ranger Modifiers: +2 to conceal
Rogue Modifiers: +2 to hide

Physical Characteristics
▪ 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 feet tall
▪ 140 to 230 pounds
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Big Mac » Tue May 24, 2016 10:39 pm

The wiki, linked to in the first post, seems to not be working. :?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby Knightfall » Wed May 25, 2016 12:59 am

Big Mac wrote:The wiki, linked to in the first post, seems to not be working. :?

Oh, that's becuase the wiki no longer exists. Heh. :oops:

Thanks for reminding me that this is here. :mrgreen:
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Postby Knightfall » Wed May 25, 2016 6:47 am

FYI, this should really be in the Homebrew Worlds forum.

MODERATOR NOTE (by Big Mac): Moved to Homebrew Worlds on behalf of OP.
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Return to Homebrew Worlds