Knightfall's Homebrewed Worlds Index

Roll your own. Dice, that is...
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Knightfall's Homebrewed Worlds Index

Post by Knightfall » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Hmm, I'm trying to update the first post and it keeps telling me the connection has been reset.

EDIT: And now it works. :P
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:51 pm

UPDATE
All of the world images have been re-linked (up to the settings for Iron Heroes and Arcana Evolved). A few of the images are too big to link directly here and are provided as links that will lead to my Almagra and Otherworlds blog. The setting listed under the Otherworlds section are to be added next. Each one of those will have its own post, except for those that already have a dedicated thread on The Piazza. -KF
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Otherworlds

BOTTLENECK
Bottleneck is a systemless demiplane setting that connects all my fantasy settings across all rulesets. In many ways it was inspired by Planescape and, specifically, Sigil. However, Bottleneck will be very different. It exists on its own demiplane that is connected to a dead prime material world. (No name for that world, yet) The setting is a massive planar city that is surrounded by a limited amount of terrain. There will be a huge freshwater lake, plains & forests, forbidden mountains, and a vast swampland where evil rules. There won't be any other major settlements. Only tiny hamlets.

The city itself is a massive sprawl of buildings that dwarfs almost any other planar city in the multiverse. Planewalkers often call it the Mosaic City of the Multiverse. Travelers that hate the place call it the Mad God's Melting Pot. It's citizens call it Bottleneck, The Blockage of the Cosmos. People who stay in the city too long tend to get stuck in Bottleneck, unable to leave for one reason or another. Portals to and from the planar city are few and guarded. It's easy to get in, but it's hard to get out.

Bottleneck will be the one setting that will always remain systemless. I'll likely use either Green Ronin's style of systemless format (as per the systemless Freeport book) or the All-System Catalyst format made famous by the CityBooks. Or I could create my own or not worry about noting power levels at all. I haven't decided yet.

Bottleneck doesn't have a map yet.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Tellerian Hawke
Gnoll

Actual Almagra Campaign Thread?

Post by Tellerian Hawke » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:29 pm

I'm sorry if this sounds like a newbie question, but I am new to this site (I'm used to EN World) and I am not yet used to the layout.

Where is the ACTUAL campaign thread for Almagra (2e AD&D) which is due to start on Saturday (Jan 09, 2016)? All I can find is the Rogues Gallery.

Thanks in advance for your help! :D I am looking forward to playing my half-Ogre! :D

Saltwater1
Gnoll

Post by Saltwater1 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:46 pm

I'm in the middle of building my first world. The fact that you have created several worlds, all in one lifetime, awes me.
"Join me, my bushes! To war we go!" -A very resourceful wood elf druid

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Actual Almagra Campaign Thread?

Post by Knightfall » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:12 am

Tellerian Hawke wrote:I'm sorry if this sounds like a newbie question, but I am new to this site (I'm used to EN World) and I am not yet used to the layout.

Where is the ACTUAL campaign thread for Almagra (2e AD&D) which is due to start on Saturday (Jan 09, 2016)? All I can find is the Rogues Gallery.

Thanks in advance for your help! :D I am looking forward to playing my half-Ogre! :D
I haven't actually created the campaign thread yet. This week hasn't been a good one for me and my chronic pain issues. Once created, the main In Character campaign thread will be in the Crystal Globe subforum. I'll put up the Out of Character thread in a moment, if you have questions.

EDIT: Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=15015
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Re:

Post by willpell » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Knightfall wrote:In fact, I see Winter World as more of a low-magic world. Druids will have their full spell allotment, but I foresee restrictions for clerics, magic-users, and illusionists.
Hm. I hope 2E is very different from 3E, because in the latter, druids are far and away the most powerful spellcasters, even beating wizards unless the DM allows the absolute worst of wizard cheese.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: Re:

Post by Knightfall » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:27 am

willpell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:In fact, I see Winter World as more of a low-magic world. Druids will have their full spell allotment, but I foresee restrictions for clerics, magic-users, and illusionists.
Hm. I hope 2E is very different from 3E, because in the latter, druids are far and away the most powerful spellcasters, even beating wizards unless the DM allows the absolute worst of wizard cheese.
Druids are quite different in 2E. The class has some level restrictions based on in-game reasoning. "Druids have a worldwide structure. At their upper levels (12th level and above), only a few druids can hold each level." As well, 2E druids have much more limited selection of spells. 2E druids don't have all those high end 3E class abilities, either. As well, the class isn't open to all races like in 3E. Only humans and half-elves can be druids in 2E, as per the 2E PHB.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:00 pm

Knightfall wrote:As well, the class isn't open to all races like in 3E. Only humans and half-elves can be druids in 2E, as per the 2E PHB.
:facepalm: ;( :?: :?: :?:

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:05 am

willpell wrote:
Knightfall wrote:As well, the class isn't open to all races like in 3E. Only humans and half-elves can be druids in 2E, as per the 2E PHB.
:facepalm: ;( :?: :?: :?:
It's the same for a lot of the 2E classes. 1E has such restrictions, as well. 3E is a very different game compared to 1E/2E. It is very wide open, which is why I like it.

to really know, you need to get a 2E PHB and read it.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “Homebrew Worlds”