[HexWorld] An AD&D 2E Campaign World Concept

Roll your own. Dice, that is...
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

[HexWorld] An AD&D 2E Campaign World Concept

Post by Knightfall » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:20 pm

What I've been working on today...

HexWorld - First Map
Last edited by Knightfall on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: HexWorld [2e]

Post by Knightfall » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:12 am

The latest version of this maps is now on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/knightfall.press

Once I have finalized it more, I will re-post the map on my wiki with it's own page.

Cheers!

KF

p.s. I'll likely create a few hex-based maps of my Warped World setting for 2E, as well. However, that world will mainly be done in CC2 Pro.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Idabrius
Hill Giant

Post by Idabrius » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:13 pm

What's the scale on these hexes? 8 miles per?

10th Age books on Lulu
10th Age and 2e downloads on the Frothing Mug

Moderator of the Homebrew, Birthright, Planescape, Dark Sun, and the Orc's Revenge boards. My moderator voice is green.

night_druid
Radiant Dragon

Post by night_druid » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:26 pm

So what's the details on the world? :)
Moderator: Spelljammer, Kingdoms of Kalamar. My moderator voice is green

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Idabrius wrote:What's the scale on these hexes? 8 miles per?
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:19 pm

night_druid wrote:So what's the details on the world? :)
I'm not really sure at this point. I guess I foresee it as an homage to both Mystara and the Forgotten Realms. I'm not sure what that truly means quite yet, but it's my starting goal. The world won't have a world map; instead, it will have a series of smaller maps that will eventually interconnect.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:54 am

Knightfall's Notes
This will be the home page for HexWorld on my wiki.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Knightfall wrote:
I'm not really sure at this point. I guess I foresee it as an homage to both Mystara and the Forgotten Realms. I'm not sure what that truly means quite yet, but it's my starting goal. The world won't have a world map; instead, it will have a series of smaller maps that will eventually interconnect.
Reposted from Facebook:
Big Mac on Facebook wrote:Is the "HexWorld" going to be a placeholder name, or are you building in some sort of logic* for a hexagonal world?

* = Such as replacing dragons with gigantic bees and making the entire world a honeycomb that was built eons ago by a queen bee deity.
Having said that, I'm not sure how large "avatar bees" would need to be to create these sort of hexes. :o
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Reposted from Facebook:
Big Mac on Facebook wrote:Is the "HexWorld" going to be a placeholder name, or are you building in some sort of logic* for a hexagonal world?

* = Such as replacing dragons with gigantic bees and making the entire world a honeycomb that was built eons ago by a queen bee deity.
Having said that, I'm not sure how large "avatar bees" would need to be to create these sort of hexes. :o
No, the HexWorld title is really just a placeholder name. Yet, it will be the world's name for the foreseeable future. I don't want an overarching setting name to force the world one way or the other. The world doesn't have a true name, like Toril or Oerth... yet.

Giant bees do sound like fun, however. Hmm, perhaps huge insects are big concern on HexWorld. But there will still be dragons. There has to be dragons. Heh. Hmm, now I have this idea of a dragon-insect hybrid-type creature. :cool:
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:
Did you have a question about this statement? Or is this your way of simply asking for more? Heh.
Big Mac wrote:Reposted from Facebook:

Homebrewed Worlds Index

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Knightfall wrote:No, the HexWorld title is really just a placeholder name. Yet, it will be the world's name for the foreseeable future. I don't want an overarching setting name to force the world one way or the other. The world doesn't have a true name, like Toril or Oerth... yet.
OK. I'll look forward to this getting to the stage when it gets beyond the working title.
Knightfall wrote:Giant bees do sound like fun, however. Hmm, perhaps huge insects are big concern on HexWorld. But there will still be dragons. There has to be dragons. Heh. Hmm, now I have this idea of a dragon-insect hybrid-type creature. :cool:
Dragon bees! (Dragon sized bees that fly around looking for gigantic flowers.)

Or!

Bee dragons! (Colonies of striped dragons that bring small items of treasure to a single queen bee dragon.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:53 am

Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:No, the HexWorld title is really just a placeholder name. Yet, it will be the world's name for the foreseeable future. I don't want an overarching setting name to force the world one way or the other. The world doesn't have a true name, like Toril or Oerth... yet.
OK. I'll look forward to this getting to the stage when it gets beyond the working title.
Make sure you check out the file upload to my 2E Worlds group on Facebook. Issue #0 of Knightfall's Notes has a bit more about HexWorld in it.
Big Mac wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Giant bees do sound like fun, however. Hmm, perhaps huge insects are big concern on HexWorld. But there will still be dragons. There has to be dragons. Heh. Hmm, now I have this idea of a dragon-insect hybrid-type creature. :cool:
Dragon bees! (Dragon sized bees that fly around looking for gigantic flowers.)

Or!

Bee dragons! (Colonies of striped dragons that bring small items of treasure to a single queen bee dragon.)
I have this thought of a creature like the owlbear that blends aspects of bees with that of dragons. As well, perhaps there is a lesser variant that hybridizes giant bees with the monitor lizard. The true beedragon would be fifteen to twenty feet long with a bee-like stinger on the end of its tail; it would have a dragon's body (covered in hairlike along its back) with bee color patterns, but the head would be more bee-like. It would have a dragon's mouth. It's wings would be bee-like in function but would have reptilian 'look' to them.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:33 pm

Carolinga (West) [Map]

Cities
Caro (pop. - 25,000) [Capital] — Caro is the most important city in Carolinga, and it will definitely be the largest human-dominated city in the region. Caro sits near the center of the kingdom, but its history is firmly entrenched in the western half of the country. Carolinga used to be two countries that were at war with each other. Caro has always been the capital of the western lands, once known as Carolia. (The eastern lands used to be called Linge.) Political tensions aren't usually a concern between the west and east, but some old rivalries do die hard, especially amongst the nobility. The king*, a fair and just ruler, has done all he can to make Carolinga a kingdom for all his subjects.

*I had a strange but interesting idea regarding a name for the king — Havard. I wonder, would he mind?

Klyn (pop. - 8,500) — Once an independent city-state before it allied itself with Caro, Klyn has rough and tumble seafaring culture. But don't call the sailors here pirates; they consider themselves to be standouts amongst the sailing men of Carolinga's naval men. The citizens of nearby Kherol consider them little more than paid privateers willing to raid Carolinga's enemies.

Towns
Qucaro —

Tambor —

Villages
Algan —

Andro —

Burshed —

Fhog —

Fhunel —

Grenshed —

Velaton —

Other
Ebonhold —

Maargate —

Seagate —

Tamhold —

Sunhouse —
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “Homebrew Worlds”