[Almagra] Knightfall's World of Worlds

Roll your own. Dice, that is...
Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

[Almagra] Knightfall's World of Worlds

Post by Knightfall » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:00 am

As some of you might know *, I've been obsessing over the creation of new world maps using the demo version of Fractal Terrains 3. One of the more interesting ideas I came up with is a super world that I am calling World of Worlds. (The world's tentative name is Almagra. I will be using it unless I think of something better.) The world has a circumference of 500,000 miles. (No, I'm not kidding.) It is a hot and humid world that is covered in dense, primeval forests. Elves are the dominant race of the world, although dwarves are close behind. (The highest peaks in the world are 100,000 ft.)

The worlds doesn't use one specific D&D ruleset. Instead, the world is divided into campaign regions based on not only BECMI, AD&D 1E, AD&D 2E, D&D v.3.5, D&D 4E, and D&D Next, but also regions based on Arcana Unearthed, Iron Heroes, and Savage Worlds. Since I'm a huge 3E fan, the region for that ruleset is the largest on the planet. However, the AU region is also quite large and there are two regions for BECMI -- one called Mystara Reborn and the other called Blackmoor Unhinged.

The map below show the various campaign regions of the world. I don't foresee adding any other rulesets, but I may add more campaign regions for 2E or 5E. There is nothing written in stone yet. For example, the Scandinavian idea for the v.3.5 region has already been discarded.
Last edited by Knightfall on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
"I write; therefore, I am!"
Homebrewed Worlds Index
Moderator for World of Kulan. My moderator voice is BROWN-ORANGE.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Re: World of Worlds

Post by Knightfall » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:07 am

Names & Rulesets for the Various Regions

Primary D&D Regions
The Galelands [D&D v.3.5]
Lands of the Darkened Sea [AD&D 2E]
— Mountain Valleys Region
The Mythlands [AD&D 1E]
Seas of Forever [D&D 5E]
The Sea of Mystaros (Mystara Reborn) [BECMI]
The Shattered Shores [D&D 4E]

Secondary D&D Regions
The Endless Valleys [BECMI]
The Frostfell Seas [D&D v.3.5 Frostburn]
The Frozen Sea [BECMI]
The Greentrees [AD&D 2E]
The Nevernorth [D&D v.3.5 Frostburn]
Rivenlost Realms [AD&D 1E/2E]
Romanos [AD&D 2E]
The Sea of Burning Ice [D&D v.3.5 Frostburn/Monstrous]
Sea of Frozen Nightmares [D&D v.3.5 Frostburn/Monstrous/Undead]
Sea of Stars [BECMI]
The Wicked Wilds [D&D v.3.5 (and/or AU)]

Other Ruleset Regions
Empire of Ælekandria [Castles & Crusades]
Horned Vales [Fate]
The Lands of Kalabaran (including Casatme, Celabala, and Hermione) [RuneQuest II]
Mountdawn [Pathfinder]
The Rime Territories [Iron Heroes]
The Throne of Trees [Arcana Unearthed]
The Valley [Savage Worlds]
Last edited by Knightfall on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:05 am, edited 13 times in total.
Robert Blezard | Knightfall's Almagra and Otherworlds | Knightfall Press | Kulan World Journal | Spelljammer Gone Wild
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:19 am

Here is a link to the climate map for Almagra.

World of World Climate Map

The world is almost entirely made up of forests and jungles. It is only when you climb to the highest peaks that the forest gives way to rough, alpine mountains covered in snow and ice.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 am

Here's a slightly different look at Almagra. This type of map projection is known as Miller Cylindrical. I did a print screen in FT3 in order to get this image, and then I shrunk it to fit the size requirements for The Piazza.

ALMAGRA
Last edited by Knightfall on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 pm

So how will you handle travel between regions? Because you know your pesky players will find a way to do that eventually! If you rule it out entirely, then I'm not sure what the point is in having these regions share a world.
Tim Emrick, Green Ronin Freebooter and Keeper of the Freeport Errata
Time of the Tarrasque: My homebrew Pathfinder campaign (2017-).
Studded Plate: My blog about RPGs and LEGO.
Thastygliax's Vault: My other gaming pages.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

timemrick wrote:So how will you handle travel between regions? Because you know your pesky players will find a way to do that eventually! If you rule it out entirely, then I'm not sure what the point is in having these regions share a world.
I haven't decided how I'm going to handle that particular situation. I think the most basic idea is that if a group begins in one region and travels to another region that a conversion will be in order. If I were to do it in this way -- you keep your character and convert the region to your ruleset -- then 3rd Edition will take over the planet. And I don't want that.

Conversion from 1E to 2E should be relatively simple while converting 2E to 3E would follow the standard conversion guidelines. And once something has reach 3e, converting to Arcana Unearthed or Iron Heroes should be simpler. Converting to and from 4E will be a pain, but I'd be unlikely to begin in that region. I'm hoping that 5E comes with conversion guideline for all editions but that might be asking too much. Savage Worlds characters would need to be reinvented unless their are already guidelines for converting from SW to the d20 system that I'm not aware of.

Of course, I'd actually need some players for this to matter. And right now, I don't have a group. My night classes MUST take priority, as well as my health issues. My creative endeavors are more for inspiration and fun. However, it is also a good way to battle the blues. My mind doesn't do well without something to focus on. :P
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Here is an idea, each region (rule-set) follows its own laws of physics and magic from one system cannot pierce beyond it's own region. Magic can take you to the border of each region, but no further; going beyond means hoofing it.

Perhaps Amlagra is the only world in a crystal sphere (if you intend to use Spelljammer with Amalgra) with one or multiple suns. Or maybe it is lit by a moon that is a fire body.
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:12 am

IME, conversions are a royal pain to implement mid-campaign (3.0 to 3.5 was relatively simple but still fraught with headaches), and I certainly wouldn't want to do it multiple times in the same campaign. Conversions are never perfect, and painfully converting every little detail may often result in a sub-optimal build in the new system (say, if the original character made heavy use of a rule that isn't used in the other). Sometimes it's far, far easier to capture the character's essence by re-building it from scratch and not sweating the small stuff as long as it's legal in the new system and feels like the original. If your regional cross-overs are going to alter reality enough to require an edition change, then you have a better chance of keeping your players happy if you give them a lot of leeway when switching over.

IIRC, some of the 5E hype I saw said that they wanted to create a simple core game that could be tweaked to emulate older editions (and in general let you pick and choose the precise D&D experience you want) by adding specific subsets of additional rules. If they follow through on that promise, and it's good enough to make some of the grognards happy, then that's likely to give you some useful ideas for your own conversions, too.

4E, though? That was the first time I ever really felt like a grognard and definitely preferred an older edition. I've played a few 4E adventures, and might again with the right group, but it was so radical a change from all past editions that it didn't feel like the same game. And you'd have to be a real masochist to want to switch gears from or to 4E mid-campaign. :lol:

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Here is an idea, each region (rule-set) follows its own laws of physics and magic from one system cannot pierce beyond it's own region. Magic can take you to the border of each region, but no further; going beyond means hoofing it.
Hmm, that might be an interesting solution. It's very Ravenloft-like. I don't foresee true misty borders that the PCs cannot cross, but a magical limitation might be a good way to prevent magical hopping between campaign regions.
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:Perhaps Amlagra is the only world in a crystal sphere (if you intend to use Spelljammer with Amalgra) with one or multiple suns. Or maybe it is lit by a moon that is a fire body.
I read this and and immediately decided to implement the one world with multiple suns concept. Almagra's priary sun is a red giant, while its secondary yellow sun rotates not the central sun at a range that keep it near the outer edge of the planetary system. I've also decided that Almagra will have twelve moons of Earth-size or less. There will likely be only three or four moons similar to Earth in size while the other moons will be sized similar to our own Moon.

I'm off to my Greek and Roman Mythology night class. :D
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Knightfall wrote:....while its secondary yellow sun rotates not the central sun at a range that keep it near the outer edge of the planetary system.
The wording of this confuses me. Rotates not? If it is near the outer edge of the system the what does it rotate around?
Knightfall wrote:I've also decided that Almagra will have twelve moons of Earth-size or less. There will likely be only three or four moons similar to Earth in size while the other moons will be sized similar to our own Moon.
Are these all going to be airless tracts of earth, or will the Earth sized ones possibly going to be habitable? If it is the latter than you might find it cool for these to be "Outer Planes", the celestial and infernal divine realms. Maybe one moon has oceans of magma instead of water (shades of Time of the Dragon here), making it a hellish place. Maybe another is a veritable garden of Eden that makes it seem like a heavenly place.
Knightfall wrote:I'm off to my Greek and Roman Mythology night class. :D
Have fun storming the classroom. :P :lol:
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
Product Catalog

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:33 pm

timemrick wrote:IME, conversions are a royal pain to implement mid-campaign (3.0 to 3.5 was relatively simple but still fraught with headaches), and I certainly wouldn't want to do it multiple times in the same campaign. Conversions are never perfect, and painfully converting every little detail may often result in a sub-optimal build in the new system (say, if the original character made heavy use of a rule that isn't used in the other). Sometimes it's far, far easier to capture the character's essence by re-building it from scratch and not sweating the small stuff as long as it's legal in the new system and feels like the original. If your regional cross-overs are going to alter reality enough to require an edition change, then you have a better chance of keeping your players happy if you give them a lot of leeway when switching over.
Well, it's all just theory right now. I have no idea how I'd implement this for an ongoing campaign. Perhaps Charles suggestion regarding limiting magical travel across campaign borders might be the way to go. Or maybe I'd give the player's the option to either play on with the original ruleset or convert to the new region's ruleset with the full knowledge they might not get all the bells and whistles that come with the new region's campaign structure. Each group is different, so the decision would have to made based on the experience and play-style of the group.
timemrick wrote:IIRC, some of the 5E hype I saw said that they wanted to create a simple core game that could be tweaked to emulate older editions (and in general let you pick and choose the precise D&D experience you want) by adding specific subsets of additional rules. If they follow through on that promise, and it's good enough to make some of the grognards happy, then that's likely to give you some useful ideas for your own conversions, too.

4E, though? That was the first time I ever really felt like a grognard and definitely preferred an older edition. I've played a few 4E adventures, and might again with the right group, but it was so radical a change from all past editions that it didn't feel like the same game. And you'd have to be a real masochist to want to switch gears from or to 4E mid-campaign. :lol:
i am looking forward to 5E, although I haven't been following as much of its development lately. Too many other irons in the fire right now. And, yes, I agree with you regarding 4E. It is not my idea of D&D, although some of its changes were fascinating.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
Knightfall wrote:....while its secondary yellow sun rotates not the central sun at a range that keep it near the outer edge of the planetary system.
The wording of this confuses me. Rotates not? If it is near the outer edge of the system the what does it rotate around?
Okay, I messed up the wording. I was in a hurry. The outer sun rotates around the inner sun. It does so at a range that keeps it far enough away from Almagra that it appears only a very bright star to the inhabitants of the planet. At it's closest point (during spring and summer once every two years, maybe?), it does light up the night sky enough to prevent complete darkness.
Knightfall wrote:I've also decided that Almagra will have twelve moons of Earth-size or less. There will likely be only three or four moons similar to Earth in size while the other moons will be sized similar to our own Moon.
Are these all going to be airless tracts of earth, or will the Earth sized ones possibly going to be habitable? If it is the latter than you might find it cool for these to be "Outer Planes", the celestial and infernal divine realms. Maybe one moon has oceans of magma instead of water (shades of Time of the Dragon here), making it a hellish place. Maybe another is a veritable garden of Eden that makes it seem like a heavenly place.
There will definitely be moons that are habitable. I haven't decided how many of them will be inhabited, however. I do know that there will be desert moon dominated by thri-kreen and other desert-like creatures, but it won't be a carbon copy of Dark Sun. The githzerai and giff are also moon inhabitants. It is possible that some of them might have a planar feel, but I don't want to replicate Eberron's cosmology. That is not my plan. Almagra will have its own 'simple' cosmology, but it will be set in the standard Spelljammer setting.

By simply, I men one heaven, one hell, one neutral plane, four elemental planes (air, earth, fire, and water), the Astral Sea from 4E, and a few oddball planes. Since Almagra is a hot and humid forest-world, I foresee a hybrid version of the 3E plane of elemental wood with another planar concept. Maybe the 2E steam plane? I don't know yet.
Knightfall wrote:I'm off to my Greek and Roman Mythology night class. :D
Have fun storming the classroom. :P :lol:
My midterm is next week. A lot of names and stories to remember. It's a good thing that I know a lot of them already, or I'd be in the weeds. It's also a good thing that my instructor won't be a stickler regarding getting the harder names spelled exactly right, as long as I'm close. Heh.
Last edited by Knightfall on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

timemrick
Hekatonkhieres

Post by timemrick » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm

Ah, Classical Mythology, one of my favorite subjects. I've been reading versions of those stories since I was very young, I took a course in college, and now I'm running a solo Greek Myth game for my wife (and slowly making my way through a book on ancient Greek and Roman magic, to mine for ideas).

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:27 pm

Knightfall wrote:Well, it's all just theory right now. I have no idea how I'd implement this for an ongoing campaign. Perhaps Charles suggestion regarding limiting magical travel across campaign borders might be the way to go. Or maybe I'd give the player's the option to either play on with the original ruleset or convert to the new region's ruleset with the full knowledge they might not get all the bells and whistles that come with the new region's campaign structure. Each group is different, so the decision would have to made based on the experience and play-style of the group.
If I were running Amalgra I wouldn't bother to convert anything. What I would do is have a quick conversion table to determine the power level swing from one system to another, tell the players what their 'Power Level' (Character level between baseline D20; D&D, Arcana Unearthed, Iron Heroes, etc.) is when crossing regional borders and have them create an entirely new character. I might even go so far as to let them change their persona, base character traits and gender. The worlds physics could work to support this just by creating a bit of flavor text to describe the Amalgra. For example

Amalgra is a world besieged by chaotic energies; it ebbs and flows like a changing tide. What works in one region may not work in another. Your character, should they be daring enough to explore the entirety of the world, may be subject to being ripped apart and reassembled at the molecular level to suit the needs of the various rules systems that this world spans.
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
Product Catalog

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 am

Knightfall wrote:Well, it's all just theory right now. I have no idea how I'd implement this for an ongoing campaign. Perhaps Charles suggestion regarding limiting magical travel across campaign borders might be the way to go. Or maybe I'd give the player's the option to either play on with the original ruleset or convert to the new region's ruleset with the full knowledge they might not get all the bells and whistles that come with the new region's campaign structure. Each group is different, so the decision would have to made based on the experience and play-style of the group.
If I were running Amalgra I wouldn't bother to convert anything. What I would do is have a quick conversion table to determine the power level swing from one system to another, tell the players what their 'Power Level' (Character level between baseline D20; D&D, Arcana Unearthed, Iron Heroes, etc.) is when crossing regional borders and have them create an entirely new character. I might even go so far as to let them change their persona, base character traits and gender. The worlds physics could work to support this just by creating a bit of flavor text to describe the Amalgra. For example

Amalgra is a world besieged by chaotic energies; it ebbs and flows like a changing tide. What works in one region may not work in another. Your character, should they be daring enough to explore the entirety of the world, may be subject to being ripped apart and reassembled at the molecular level to suit the needs of the various rules systems that this world spans.
Hmm, while that's a unique idea, I don't think it works for me (especially the changing of persona, traits, and gender). But that's just me.

I'll think of something, eventually. For now, I want to concentrate on creating each region with its own 'hook'. Each region will have a focused starting point for a group of new adventurers -- a kingdom or a city-state or, maybe, just a town.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:30 am

BECMI Region I: Mystaros [Mystara Reborn]
This region of the world will include all of the lands of the Known World in some form. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, but I know that there will be many changes. All of the core BECMI modules set on Mystara fall within this region, except for those that are more appropriate to the BECMI Blackmoor region on the other side of the sea. While crossover will be likely, I am designing them as distinct campaign regions.

Note that this map is skewed since the full map was a export from Fractal Terrains 3. For a more realistic view of the region, click on the following link: World of Worlds: Mystara Reborn [Facebook] Note that place names for this map are no longer current, but you should be able to get a feel for the region. The map only shows half of the massive sea (maybe called the Sea of Mystaros) that makes up the entire BECMI region. (The other half is for Blackmoor.) Regardless, because of the size of Almagra, there will be plenty of room for every aspect of Mystara. I'll likely be able to include the Hollow World, as well, on the surface of the planet and still be able to make it its own distinct region.

I've just posted a second map to the Otherworlds FB group that takes a closeup view (well, close for this world) of the main Known World region for Mystaros.

World of Worlds: Mystaros (Known World)
This map is the most current look at how I'm going to incorporate the lands of the Known World (and most of Brun) into Mystaros. After this, I'll likely get a closeup look at how Karameikos is going to work for this variant Known World.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Updated the main map showing the various campaign regions.
Last edited by Knightfall on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Giants

Post by Knightfall » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 am

Giants on Almagra
The giant races will be a major force in the high mountains of the World of Worlds campaign setting, regardless of campaign-ruleset region. I'd say that giants are one step larger than normal — looking at it from a D&D v.3.5/OGL point of view. So, the standard giants listed in the D&D Monster Manual v.3.5 would be as follows...

Ettin: Huge
Giant, Cloud: Gargantuan
Giant, Fire: Huge
Giant, Frost: Huge *
Giant, Hill: Huge
Giant, Stone: Huge
Giant, Storm: Gargantuan
Ogre: Huge
Ogre Mage: Huge
Troll: Huge

* Frost giants are only encountered in the mountain ranges of Almagra.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Almagraspace

Post by Knightfall » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:52 am

Almagraspace
Here is the layout for the Crystal Sphere for Almagraspace. Almagra sits at the center of the crystal shell and the sphere's primary and secondary suns orbit the World of Worlds. The primary sun/fire body orbits in the fourth position, and it is larger than Earth's yellow sun. (I'd say at least 1-1/2 times the size.) The secondary sun/fire body is a huge red giant that has slowly begun to dim. It's energy isn't strong enough to reach Almagra, but it does appear in the night sky as a semi-bright red star.

Note that not all of the moon world's listed here have maps, yet. I have FT3 maps for "Strange Moon," "Small Moon," and "Ice Moon." I have posted all the maps for "Ice Moon," but I've only posted the Altitude map for "Small Moon." I need to tweak the "Strange Moon" FT3 file a bit more before I star posting its maps.

• Almagra (Primary)
• First Moon (Moon-like, no native life)
• Second Moon ("Strange Moon")
• Third Moon ("Burning Moon")
• Yellow Sun/Fire Body (Larger than our Sun)
• Fourth Moon ("Small Moon" [primitive])
• Fifth Moon ("Death Moon")
• Sixth Moon ("Ice Moon" [half the size of Earth])
• Seventh Moon (an Air World/Gas Giant [largest planet-moon])
• Red Sun/Fire Body (Huge [burning out])

Names for the moons have not been finalized, which is why I've only listed descriptor names for each moon.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Nellisir
Goblin

Re: Almagra: World of Worlds

Post by Nellisir » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:16 am

I think this is a pretty cool idea. Personally, I would start play near a convergence of regions, and emphasize the differences. I would also use the "rebuild" option rather than the conversion option, and possibly have the players start out with 3 versions of their characters: 2e, 3e, & AU, for instance, if those are the closest areas.

I could see characters crossing boundaries to take advantage of some tweak in the rules - faster healing times, for instance - and crossing back to adventure.

Actually, I think this is an EXCELLENT idea. But if you're going to do it, you have to really use it. It's no fun if it only happens once or twice. It should be frequent.

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Here are few new campaign names: for the Castles & Crusades region -> Empire of Ælekandria; for Iron Heroes region -> Lands of Lost Souls; for the Savage Worlds region -> Mountain Heart.

Of these three, the Castles & Crusades campaign-region name is 100% finalized. I'm not sure about the Iron Heroes name at all. It might change; I would say it's a good bet that it will. Part of me wanted to call it The Iron Shores, but since Almagra is so hot & humid, I don't want the campaign-region's descriptive name to bring to mind the vision of warriors wearing metal armor.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 am

Nellisir wrote:I think this is a pretty cool idea. Personally, I would start play near a convergence of regions, and emphasize the differences. I would also use the "rebuild" option rather than the conversion option, and possibly have the players start out with 3 versions of their characters: 2e, 3e, & AU, for instance, if those are the closest areas.

I could see characters crossing boundaries to take advantage of some tweak in the rules - faster healing times, for instance - and crossing back to adventure.

Actually, I think this is an EXCELLENT idea. But if you're going to do it, you have to really use it. It's no fun if it only happens once or twice. It should be frequent.
When I came up with the idea, I didn't really think about the logistics of "crossing-over" from one region to another. Now, I think that the best idea for a campaign would be to ask the players how they want to handle the campaign. If they wanted to play at a convergence of regions, I'd ask for one main character and two other less detailed characters with the key combat and skill-related conversions.

For example, going back and forth from the Arcana Unearthed region to the D&D v.3.5 region to the Iron Heroes region wouldn't require a lot of conversion details. However, going from the AD&D 1E/2E regions to the D&D v.3.5 region would require two full characters. I'd probably have the player's build a AD&D 1E/2E character first and then have them convert the characters to 3E using the conversion guide (tweaked for v.3.5) that WotC provided back when 3E came out.

For Castles and Crusades and Savage Worlds, I'd require separate builds for those campaign regions.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Post by Knightfall » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:41 am

BECMI Campaign Region: The Sea of Mystaros
Map

Here is the revised Regional Map for the BECMI Campaign(s). I've reworked this map completely using some of Kevin S.'s suggestions. Mainly, I wanted to move Blackmoor closer to the Known World.

The map also shows a bit more of the surrounding regions beyond the Sea of Mystaros region. You can see parts of the unnamed D&D 5E region, the AD&D 2E region (Lands of the Darkened Sea), and a good portion of the Castles & Crusades region, which now has a name.

When I placed that name there, I hadn't realized (at first) that I'd crossed over into another campaign region. Regardless, the change has been made, and I'm going to keep it.

NOTES
• FYI..; the Icevapor Peninsula is HIGHLY volcanic. Think of it like this world's homage to Iceland.
TAD on Facebook wrote:I really need to be better acquainted with Mystara. I didn't know there is a region called Hyperborea in it.
• Note that not all of the names are from Mystara or Blackmoor. I think Hyperborea is one of the Mystara names (or it might be the Borea name.) I'm 99% sure I came up with Dwarborea.

• BTW... the Castles & Crusades region is actually spelled "Ælekandria".
TAD on Facebook wrote:That is really cool, I love it!
• One thing before bed: the Lupine Mounts are full of Werewolves. That is all. :)
Last edited by Knightfall on Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Post by Angel Tarragon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 am

A quick question before I go to bed: how Amalgraspace fit into Spelljammer cannon? For example, with Mystaraspace and Mystara having a a presence on Amalgra, would both be able to fit into the same universe? Or would Amalgraspace be in an entirely different universe?
Social Media

Pathfinder 2E
Product Catalog

Knightfall
God Emperor of Kulan

Mystaros is just the beginning...

Post by Knightfall » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:A quick question before I go to bed: how Amalgraspace fit into Spelljammer cannon? For example, with Mystaraspace and Mystara having a a presence on Amalgra, would both be able to fit into the same universe? Or would Amalgraspace be in an entirely different universe?
I think Almagraspace would be set in its own universe. (I realize now that I'm contradicting myself here from what I stated previously. My bad.-KF) It wouldn't have to be set apart from Mystara, but I'd want to separate it from the official BECMI version. I seem to remember that Mystara doesn't get much of a mention in Spelljammer canon, so Almagraspace could be an alternate version of the setting set in the core Spelljammer universe.

It definitely isn't part of my Mirrored Cosmology or my Steampunk Spelljammer Cosmology. It could be the basis for a unique version of Spelljammer where Almagra is not only the center of its own Crystal Sphere, but also the center of its own universe.

Note: World of Worlds will likely have alternate versions of parts of Oerth and Toril on it as well, but the recreations won't be as substantial as the Sea of Mystaros region. The recreations will be based on the hotter areas of those worlds, so that I won't have to change as much as I'll have to do with the BECMI region. (However, there will be a version of the Free City of Greyhawk somewhere on the world [but not a version of Waterdeep -- that's for Kulan and Talus]. For the Toril recreations, I'm looking more towards the Shining South and, maybe, the Serpent Kingdoms.) I'll probably place the recreations in the AD&D 1E region or D&D v.3.5 region (1E for GH and 3E for FR). I want to create something unique for the AD&D 2E region. Nothing is written in stone, however.
Last edited by Knightfall on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Homebrewed Worlds Index

Return to “Homebrew Worlds”