[Comics] Battle Chasers and Eberron

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.

Moderator: Chimpman

[Comics] Battle Chasers and Eberron

Postby Havard » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:38 pm

I was just rereading the comic book mini series by Joe Madureira that ran from 1998 to 2001 (9 issues). Although some say the series was only compiled of any concept that Joe Madureira saw around him and thought was cool at the time, I really am struck by how much it resembles the world of Ebberon. The most obvious example is the character of Calibretto who is obviously a Warforged in Eberron terms. The werewolf like Bounty Trackers who destroy Gully's house in the first issue might well be Shifters. Flying Ships are also present. We later learn that the type of constructs Calibretto is part of (known as Golems in the series) were created to defend the kingdom in a war fought decades ago.

Has anyone here thought about further adapting the Battle Chasers comic storyline to Eberron?

There is a game out on Steam now called Battle Chasers: Nightwar. I haven't played the game, but it looks like that game expands somewhat on the cosmology and setting as well. The game brings dual gun wielding Red Monika more obviously on the side of the heroes and introduces a new character Alumon, a "Devil Hunter". Garrison is now also fully a part of the group. I'm guessing the never released #10 of the comics might have seen this full formation of the adventuring party if it had not been for the horrendous scheduling conflicts back in those days. There is a fan wiki over here, but it is pretty bare bones.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Return to Eberron