[D&D 5E] Eberron: Rising from the Last War

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.
torkill13
Gnoll

[5E] Eberron: Rising from the Last War

Post by torkill13 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Release date: Nov. 19

Eberron: Rising from the Last War (D&D Campaign Setting and Adventure Book) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0786966890/re ... wDbC72ZJ5E
Product description
Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of floating castles, skyscrapers, and more.

• Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and noirish intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.

• Include a campaign for characters venturing into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.

• Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.

• Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.

• Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Re: [5E] Eberron: Rising from the Last War

Post by Zeromaru X » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:46 pm

I guess that Sharn is Eberron's Sword Coast...

Havard
Dragon Turtle

[5E] Eberron: Rising from the Last War (Hardcover)

Post by Havard » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:03 pm

How did this sneak up on me? :cool:

Also, what's that on the cover? :o

-Havard
Last edited by Havard on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: [5E] Eberron: Rising from the Last War (Hardcover)

Post by Big Mac » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:51 pm

Nice find.

There is a better Amazon link than that: Eberron: Rising from the Last War (D&D Campaign Setting and Adventure Book)
Amazon wrote:Eberron: Rising from the Last War (D&D Campaign Setting and Adventure Book) Hardcover – November 19, 2019
by Wizards RPG Team (Author)

#1 New Releasein Sword & Sorcery Fantasy

Hardcover $49.95

Pre-order Price Guarantee.

Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age or will the shadow of war descend once again?
  • Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of floating castles, skyscrapers, and more.
  • Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and noirish intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.
  • Include a campaign for characters venturing into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.
  • Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.
  • Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.
  • Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.
It's interesting that this includes an adventure in the Mournland. That's always been a mystery in previous Eberron canon, so this adventure might be desirable to both 3e and 4e Eberron fans.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:30 am

Zeromaru X wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:46 pm
I guess that Sharn is Eberron's Sword Coast...
More like Eberron's Waterdeep.

Sharn is a city. And not just a normal city. It's at the heart of a Manifest Zone that makes things fly in the air. The entire city is stacked up into the sky. And there are flying shuttles that use the Manifest Zone to stay in the sky.

The Mournland is a country. A destroyed country. It's one of the Five Nations that sprang up when the royal children fought over who should succeed and what was a single empire (an empire that had Sharn as one of it's most notable cities) broke up.

That war was "The Last War" and the Mournland used to be Cyre before something that nobody understands blasted the entire country into nothing.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

[D&D 5E] Eberron: Rising from the Last War

Post by Angel Tarragon » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:19 am

Eberron: Rising from the Last War

Image Image

WHERE CAN I BUY IT?
Grab an alternate cover designed by Vance Kelly (Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes alt cover) through game stores, or pick up a standard cover by Ben Oliver (Curse of Strahd, Tomb of Annihilation) anywhere all on November 19 and venture into the pulp fiction fantasy setting of Eberron! Pre-order now at your local game store, book stores such as Barnes & Noble, D&D Beyond, or online at retailers like Amazon.

ITEM DETAILS
Price: $49.95
Release Date: 19 November, 2019
Format: Hardcover
Last edited by Angel Tarragon on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Angel Tarragon
Dawn Dragon

Re: [D&D 5E] Eberron: Rising from the Last War

Post by Angel Tarragon » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:20 am

I have to admit, the alternate cover is all kinds of sexy. I'm looking forward to getting this in my collection.
Social Media & Extended Signature

Pathfinder 2E
The ABCs of Character Creation
Product Catalog

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:36 am

Last year, I'd heard that Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron would eventually receive the final artificer. Has there been an announcement that explains how this release is going to impact those who purchased Wayfinder's Guide? How much of this content will be repeated from that book?

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Angel Tarragon wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:20 am
I have to admit, the alternate cover is all kinds of sexy. I'm looking forward to getting this in my collection.
Agreed, the alternate cover looks good. I usually never get the alternate cover books, but in this case I might opt for that one instead of the regular cover one.

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Beoric
Ogre

Post by Beoric » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:50 am

Author is "Wizards RPG Team"? That's ominous.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:26 am

torkill13 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:39 pm
Product description

This looks very interesting!
Any guess what the 16 new options will be?

-Havard

The Blackmoor Blog
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

torkill13
Gnoll

Post by torkill13 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:40 pm

Warforged, Changeling, Kalashtar, Shifter, Goblin, Bugbear, Hobgoblin, and Orc are all mentioned in this past by JC.

https://www.sageadvice.eu/2019/08/19/th ... t-war/amp/

But seeing that many of them were previously introduced, I'm not really sure what we'll be "new". I think there are about a dozen dragonmarks in UA.

https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/down ... nmarks.pdf

torkill13
Gnoll

Post by torkill13 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:39 pm

I just realized that the 12 Dragonmarked subraces were already included in WGE. All the other races have pretty much already been included in WGE, PSX/Z, VGM, and GGR or multiple of those. The only thing I find in UA that hasn't been introduced are 2 Shifter subclasses (Cliffwalk & Longstride). So, now I am really curious what they are going to introduce with this....

Return to “Eberron”