Beyond Heroes: The Pickle moves Nentir Vale characters to Eberron

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Beyond Heroes: The Pickle moves Nentir Vale characters to Eberron

Post by Big Mac » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:12 pm

I have no idea what is going on with this: The Pickle | D&D Beyond Heroes | Episode 2
D&D Beyond on YouTube wrote:With our heroes packed away into wooden crates on board a train in Eberron they have just 2 hours to solve the wild adventure that awaits them!

Beyond Heroes is a series of one shot adventures that continue the story of the Heroes of the Vale as they set out on missions across the planes. Tune in live for the chance to win a D&D Beyond Legendary bundle every time a player rolls a natural 20 and vote on where our heroes adventures will take them next!
Beyond Heroes is the sequel to Heroes of the Vale (which was set in Nentir Vale). But now they seem to be hopping to other D&D worlds.

It's been a while since I've seen this show, so I don't know if they are going to stay on Eberron or if they will be somewhere else next week.

When the show first came out (and was set on Nentir Vale) I thought they were trying to bring back Nentir Vale, the same way that Maze Arcana helped bring back Eberron. But now I'm wondering if they are going to go on lots of worlds in the D&D multiverse...or if the move to Eberron is going to tie into D&D Beyond selling 5e Eberron content.

I guess we will have to wait a while to see if they go anywhere else.

Incidentally, what the heck is the pickle monster? It looks like an April Fool's prank. :lol:
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Beyond Heroes: The Pickle moves Nentir Vale characters to Eberron

Post by Tim Baker » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:03 am

I haven't read the synopsis for the 2nd episode, yet. But if last week's episode was in Waterdeep and Sigil, and this week's is in Eberron, then it'll be interesting to see if they continue hopping around the planes/worlds, or if they return to just a handful of settings.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:32 am

Tim Baker wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:03 am
I haven't read the synopsis for the 2nd episode, yet. But if last week's episode was in Waterdeep and Sigil, and this week's is in Eberron, then it'll be interesting to see if they continue hopping around the planes/worlds, or if they return to just a handful of settings.
My big question will be, are they going to Waterdeep and Eberron as part of a grand tour of all the old and new D&D worlds...

...or are they only going to visit worlds published in 5th Edition books.

One of the things that appealed to me about Heroes of the Vale was that it was about a bunch of character that live on an out-of-print D&D world. And it was especially relevant that Mike Mearls was (for a short time) the GM, because it meant that a current WotC designer was churning out Nentir Vale content.

Maze Arcana has already come along and done a live-streamed show (or a few shows) set in Eberron, so Beyond Heroes does not really "need" to move from Nentir Vale to Eberron.

I'll have to see if I can work out what the "theme" is that has sent the PCs from Waterdeep a week ago to somewhere in Khorvaire this week.

Do you know if they are supposed to be based in Sigil and hopping to other D&D worlds in a similar style to the TV shows Time Tunnel or Quantum Leap?

Or are they going to stay on Eberron?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:32 am

Big Mac wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:32 am
My big question will be, are they going to Waterdeep and Eberron as part of a grand tour of all the old and new D&D worlds...

...or are they only going to visit worlds published in 5th Edition books.
That's my big question, too.
Big Mac wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:32 am
Do you know if they are supposed to be based in Sigil and hopping to other D&D worlds in a similar style to the TV shows Time Tunnel or Quantum Leap?

Or are they going to stay on Eberron?
They travel on a stolen Acquisitions Incorporated airship, which is capable of opening planar portals (or dimension doors, according to the terminology used in Episode 1) that it travels through.

Didn't Acquisitions Incorporated start on Nentir Vale before moving to the Realms? Maybe we'll learn that the airship was stolen when the group was still in Nentir Vale at the end of Heroes of the Vale. But I wouldn't count on it. ;)

Return to “Eberron”