Keith Baker's Exploring Eberron (PDF or Print!)

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.
Havard
Dragon Turtle

Keith Baker's Exploring Eberron (PDF or Print!)

Post by Havard »

Join Eberron setting creator Keith Baker in this tour through the lands, oceans, and planes of Eberron. Exploring Eberron presents Keith's vision of Eberron like never before, with fresh lore and rich illustrations to bring the setting to life.

In this book, Keith takes players and Dungeon Masters on a thrilling dive into the world of Eberron. Encounter the monstrous folk of Droaam, the goblinoid Heirs of Dhakaan, the Mror dwarves and their Realm Below, and the sahuagin and merfolk dwelling beneath the waves. Embrace faiths of altruism, pragmatism, and darkness. Browse the tomes of Dolurrh’s Vault of Memories, seek the Amaranthine Cities of Irian and Mabar, meditate with the githzerai monks of Kythri, and much more.

The adventure won't be easy! Mighty friends and foes await—from legendary archfey and proud sahuagin to nightmarish quori and alien daelkyr. Eberron is a world in need of heroes, but take heart: between these pages lie a host of character options for would-be heroes to enjoy. You'll discover new archetypes for the artificer, cleric, druid, monk, and bard. Play unique Eberron races and subraces including gnolls, Dhakaani goblinoids, aasimar of diverse faiths, and ruinbound dwarves. Uncover a wealth of magic items from around the world, wield symbionts that bond with your very flesh, channel your dragonmark with focus items—and perhaps even manifest a Siberys dragonmark of immense power.
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/315887 ... ng-Eberron

Pretty cool seeing more Eberron material from Keith Baker.

Has anyone gotten this book yet?

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
THRESHOLD Magazine - The Mystara Fanzine
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Keith Baker's Exploring Eberron (PDF or Print!)

Post by Tim Baker »

You can watch an interview with Keith Baker about this book on D&D Beyond's YouTube channel.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac »

Havard wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:11 pm
Pretty cool seeing more Eberron material from Keith Baker.
From what I understand, this book does for Eberron, what Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms did for Forgotten Realms.

The book is all about how Keith Baker runs Eberron, in his own games. So there are some differences between this and the 3e and 4e content.

I'll be interested to see what people notice that's different from the official WotC Eberron.

BTW: The preview for this book is a massive 47 pages long! That's bigger than a lot of other full length products on DMs Guild.

I've had a scroll through the preview and didn't really notice any 5th Edition rules in it. It was mostly lore. So I think this book will work well for 3rd Edition and 4th Edition fans, who like their rules, but want some extra information, from Keith Baker, to fill in some of the undocumented bits of Eberron.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

Big Mac wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:44 pm
I've had a scroll through the preview and didn't really notice any 5th Edition rules in it. It was mostly lore. So I think this book will work well for 3rd Edition and 4th Edition fans, who like their rules, but want some extra information, from Keith Baker, to fill in some of the undocumented bits of Eberron.
That's a great observation. That makes me more interested in it than I was before. Thanks!

Palladion
Kobold

Post by Palladion »

Big Mac wrote:
Most of the fifth edition game content is in chapter 6 through 8, though many of those entries contain plenty of lore as well.

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X »

I have read the index they posted on Twitter. I was hoping they would've developed something about the culture of the dragonborn... what a bummer...

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

Zeromaru X wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:06 am
I have read the index they posted on Twitter. I was hoping they would've developed something about the culture of the dragonborn... what a bummer...
This might warrant a different post, but is there a lack of dragonborn information in Eberron, since they weren't in 3e (at least not in their current form)?

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X »

Yeah, that's why I was expecting something about dragonborn. Alas...

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

Zeromaru X wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:40 pm
Yeah, that's why I was expecting something about dragonborn. Alas...
Interesting observation. I'm not deeply familiar with the setting, and have never done a deep dive looking for information on dragonborn. I've started a new topic on the subject, so we don't derail this one.

Beoric
Ogre

Post by Beoric »

Palladion wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:10 pm
Big Mac wrote:
Most of the fifth edition game content is in chapter 6 through 8, though many of those entries contain plenty of lore as well.
I'm only partway through, but I'm finding crunch sprinkled throughout the book. That said, it is generally written in a way that it also tells you something about the world, so it doubles as lore. Which is nice, because usually lists of character options end up being wasted ink (pixels) for me.

talsine
Priest of Syrinx

Post by talsine »

It has a Druid circle that i am really interested inplaying, Circle of the Forge. It's basically the warforged version of Circle of the Moon. A little less powerful, but super interesting to play. Course, the first time i try to play it, and the GM says "sorry, it doesn't feel like an Eberron Druid to me." How does it not? It was created by the creator of the setting!!! But oh well. Honestly, all of the options here are really interesting.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker »

talsine wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:09 pm
It has a Druid circle that i am really interested inplaying, Circle of the Forge. It's basically the warforged version of Circle of the Moon. A little less powerful, but super interesting to play. Course, the first time i try to play it, and the GM says "sorry, it doesn't feel like an Eberron Druid to me."
I wonder if you could work with your GM to find a different rationale for the character's class abilities. It sounds like the concept of a druid is tied to nature in their mind, which is understandable. So maybe instead of an in-world druid, you could select a "prototype transformable warforged" as your class, combined with warforged as your race, and it would seem more thematically appropriate for your GM. Or maybe if you're not a warforged, you're viewed as some sort of new artificer. Maybe you wear a magical harness that transforms you. Just thought I'd throw a couple ideas out there.

Return to “Eberron”