AvonRekaes' Eberron

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.

Moderator: Chimpman

AvonRekaes' Eberron

Postby Unnatural 20 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:14 am

First of all, thank you for all the great conversion work! It seems very complete and very lore friendly.

I am still new to 5th edition, so I am still learning a lot. Do you currently use these rules? Has anyone else used this converaion?

I don't need to have everything perfectly balances, but I'm worried that my untrained eye may miss something. I am willing to play test for myself, but wouldn't mind an opinion or two.
Unnatural 20
Kobold

Re: AvonRekaes' Eberron

Postby Big Mac » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:49 am

Unnatural 20 wrote:First of all, thank you for all the great conversion work! It seems very complete and very lore friendly.

I am still new to 5th edition, so I am still learning a lot. Do you currently use these rules? Has anyone else used this converaion?

I don't need to have everything perfectly balances, but I'm worried that my untrained eye may miss something. I am willing to play test for myself, but wouldn't mind an opinion or two.

Welcome to The Piazza Unnatural 20! You might want to pop over to the Introduce yourself here topic, say "hi" to everyone and tell people a bit about the sort of things you like to talk about (which I'm guessing includes Eberron and 5th Edition*).

* = I'm a mind flayer. We are good at working out things that other people think. ;) (Do not listen to the rumours that I am a giant space hamster. They are lies put out by my enemies. :P )

I don't play 5th Edition myself, but I am a fan of conversions (and retro-conversions) and appreciate anyone who takes the time to make them. I think I'll have to put AvonRekaes on my "I would buy this person a drink" list.

Maybe we need an sticky index of all the 5th Edition conversions. There seem to be quite a few of them now. People might have a hard time finding them.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Newsflash!: The Piazza is moving!
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Postby enderxenocide0 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:56 pm

Big Mac wrote:Maybe we need an sticky index of all the 5th Edition conversions. There seem to be quite a few of them now. People might have a hard time finding them.

I had intended to make an index of all the 5E homebrew we have, including Eberron specifics, but I haven't yet gotten around to it. Avon specifically has an index of his stuff, though.
enderxenocide0
Stone Giant

Postby Unnatural 20 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:56 am

I am a bit of a lurker, well more than a bit;) But, I will do my best to introduce myself on the other forums. I do hope that AvonRekaes is still active, I would definitely buy him a drink as well!

I am unaware of any existing index, did I miss one of the board links?
Unnatural 20
Kobold

Postby enderxenocide0 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Avon's index can be found HERE. There isn't yet an index for all 5E homebrew content... but hopefully I'll get around to doing that soonish.
enderxenocide0
Stone Giant

Postby AvonRekaes » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:47 pm

Hello Unnatural!

Thanks for appreciating my conversion work! Apologies for not being around when you posted. I usually go in bursts where I convert a ton of stuff for a few weeks and am really active on the forums, then hang back and let it all simmer for a bit while I use what I created for my games.

I do still use these rules. I currently run two Eberron games, one live, and one over Roll20. The live game is a detective noir campaign set in Sharn, and the players include a Khorvarian human Child of Khyber sorcerer, a Warforged monk, changeling assassin rogue, half-elf inquisitive rogue, and a goliath barbarian. The Roll20 game is a bit more of a traditional adventuring campaign set in Stormreach and the Xen'drik wilderness, and the players include a Jorasco excoriate cleric of Bolderei with the Mark of Healing, a Scorpion Tribe drow paladin of the Oath of Ancients, a minotaur fighter, a goblin artificer, and a killoren Gatekeeper druid.

So far everything's running smoothly. Challenge ratings for standard MM monsters seem to be in-line with expectations, and no one's offered up any criticism about one race, class, or class archetype being brokenly better or worse than core options.

I would LOVE to hear what you've done with my conversions. It really makes my day when I hear about people playing using them. Play test criticism is also welcome!
Avon Rekaes - Planes Wanderer
The Wayfinder Foundation of Khorvaire: 5th Edition and Pathfinder Eberron conversions.
AvonRekaes
Troll

Postby Unnatural 20 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:18 am

I love how you have found a way for most of the subclasses to fit in Eberron. I've stated it earlier, but it has saved me a ton of work.
I've used 90% of your conversions and entered them in Fantasy Grounds. I hope to begin my campaign soon. Thank you.
Unnatural 20
Kobold

Postby AvonRekaes » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:30 pm

No problem Unnatural! I love Eberron with a passion, and I'm glad I can share it with other people :)
Avon Rekaes - Planes Wanderer
The Wayfinder Foundation of Khorvaire: 5th Edition and Pathfinder Eberron conversions.
AvonRekaes
Troll

Return to Eberron