Character options for Thrane & Silver Flame - 5e

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.
Makis83
Goblin

Character options for Thrane & Silver Flame - 5e

Post by Makis83 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Hey everyone, I have being working on a holy campaign based on the nation of Thrane from the World of Eberron. In order to play a character with all the flavor of the original setting i created some feats , spells and a background to support a specific character creation. Hope you like it and hope for some feedback.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HyrAJxr1W

Here's a hint:

Exorcist of the Silver Flame
Prerequisite: Follower of The Silver Flame, Silver Holy Symbol

With this feat you have joined the ranks of the Exorcists. You gain the following benefits:

•Silver Exorcism.As an action you hold your symbol in the air and start chanting holy words that set it on fire yet you are not burned. You choose an ally who is within 30 feet from you and is under the charmed condition. With Silver Exorcism the target gains advantage on his next saving throw to be set free from possesion of dark magic.

•Resist Temptation. You can reroll a saving throw that you failed against charm spells and abilities from fiends or Undead. If you do so you must use the new roll, and you can't use this feature intil you finish a short or a long rest.

•Weapon of the Exorcist. As an exorcist of the Silver Flame you choose a weapon with which you dispense the will of the church. The chosen weapon must be a weapon that you are proficient with, and must have been in your possession for the last 24 hours. While wielding this weapon you treat it as silvered for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction
Just take it easy man.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Re: Character options for Thrane & Silver Flame - 5e

Post by RobJN » Fri May 12, 2017 9:13 pm

A feat is a great idea for handling this "extra goody" bestowed on certain clerics of the Flame. Is there any sort of limit on the number of times an Exorcist can use Silver Exorcism? Per day? Per (short/long)rest? If the process is as grueling as certain cinematic depictions of a similarly named ceremony make it out to be, one might think that it could be quite involved, and take a toll on the exorcist-- especially if the possessing entity is firmly rooted or is exceedingly powerful...

I suppose that would depend on how you wanted to play out the encounter-- cinematic, or one-and-done, on to the next.
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook |twitter

Makis83
Goblin

Re: Character options for Thrane & Silver Flame - 5e

Post by Makis83 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:00 pm

When i first came with the idea of converting the Silver Exorcist and the Silver Pyromancer i realized that they did not need to be a whole sub-class in order to flesh them out. A feat would do fine and I believe it is fan for other classes to be able to choose these feats as well.

Now about Silver Exorcism since it takes one hole action to use it i thought that the Silver Exorcist can use it any time. All charm spells and abilities allows a character to roll again each turn so this ability works like a help action for the charmed condition. Besides it can be used only if the spell or ability allows for a saving throw again.

Have you checked the rest? Would love some more feedback. Thank you.
Just take it easy man.

Return to “Eberron”