Feats for Brelish Characters

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.

Moderator: Chimpman

Feats for Brelish Characters

Postby Makis83 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rJyPuhqGZ

Brelish Feats

Citadel Training
Prerequisite: Breland region, proficient with specific skill

The Citadel Academy in Wroat trains its elite agents well. Choose two of the following skills in which you must be already proficient: Insight, Investigate, Perception, Persuation.
The proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

Mograve University Academic
Prerequisite: Breland region, proficient with specific skill

Morgrave University is an institution of higher learning in Sharn, Breland. While not the most reputable university academically-speaking, it has made great gains in research of the continent of Xen'drik, mostly by funding expeditions of Wayfinders and adventurers, who bring back artifacts and information to fill the university's museums and libraries.
Choose two of the following skills in which you must be already proficient: Arcana, Nature, Religon, History.
The proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

Sharn Skymage
Prerequisite: Ability to fly either naturally or through magic

•Extend Flight: Whenever a Sharn skymage casts a spell or activate a magic item that allows him to fly, the spell’s duration is doubled.
•Tenacious Flight: Other spellcasters have disadvantage on dispel checks against you when they try to dispel the spell that allows you to fly. If you touch the ground when the dispel takes place the enemy spellcaster rolls without disadvantage.
•Fast Flight: When a Sharn skymage gains or grants the ability to fly by any means (including using a magic item), his (or the spell’s target’s) fly speed increases by 10 feet.

Syrania Manifester
Prerequisite: Proficiency with the Arcana skill

You have learned to make use of the manifest zone in Sharn.
•Increase your Strength or Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
•When you are within a manifest zone linked to Syrania, including anywhere within the city of Sharn, your jumping distance is doubled and you reduce any falling damage by half.
Last edited by Makis83 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just take it easy man.
Makis83
Goblin

Re: Feats for Brelish Characters

Postby AvonRekaes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:07 pm

Very cool. I like the idea of feats that grant Expertise in two skills from a limited list. I was initially a little concerned about stepping on the Rogue's "skill monkey" toes, but they still eventually get Reliable Talent which keeps them far and away the best skill users.

The only feat I have an issue with is the Syrania Manifester. I get what you were going for, with the manifest zone dependency, but I don't think the ability score improvement should depend on it. Also, the prerequisites are kinda wonky. First, if you can fly why do you need help with jump distance, and second, due to the prerequisite you can't take the feat if you happen to level up outside the manifest zone? (What happens if you go from level 3 to 4 fighting undead in the graveyard on the bluffs north of Northsedge, which is outside the manifest zone?) Here's how I'd write the feat:

Syrania Manifester
•When you are within a manifest zone linked to Syrania, including anywhere within the city of Sharn, your jumping distance is doubled and you reduce any falling damage by half.

Changing the prerequisite to Arcana maps the Manifest Leap feat's prerequisite from 3.5 being ranks in Knowledge (the Planes). By studying the manifest zone with training in Arcna, you've learned to make use of its energies.
Avon Rekaes - Planes Wanderer
The Wayfinder Foundation of Khorvaire: 5th Edition and Pathfinder Eberron conversions.
AvonRekaes
Troll

Re: Feats for Brelish Characters

Postby Makis83 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:44 am

AvonRekaes wrote:Very cool. I like the idea of feats that grant Expertise in two skills from a limited list. I was initially a little concerned about stepping on the Rogue's "skill monkey" toes, but they still eventually get Reliable Talent which keeps them far and away the best skill users.

The only feat I have an issue with is the Syrania Manifester. I get what you were going for, with the manifest zone dependency, but I don't think the ability score improvement should depend on it. Also, the prerequisites are kinda wonky. First, if you can fly why do you need help with jump distance, and second, due to the prerequisite you can't take the feat if you happen to level up outside the manifest zone? (What happens if you go from level 3 to 4 fighting undead in the graveyard on the bluffs north of Northsedge, which is outside the manifest zone?) Here's how I'd write the feat:

Syrania Manifester

Changing the prerequisite to Arcana maps the Manifest Leap feat's prerequisite from 3.5 being ranks in Knowledge (the Planes). By studying the manifest zone with training in Arcna, you've learned to make use of its energies.

Oh man you are totally right i forgot to fix the prerequisite for Syrania Manifester...totally my bad. Thanks for pointing it out. Fixed it exactly as you said.
Just take it easy man.
Makis83
Goblin

Return to Eberron