The original nutshell idea was that someone was working with a daelkyr/their servant to get around the curse & that still fits well or could be changed since they technically went back to town at end of session. I was thinking that I could jump them back to a few historic turning points in history.
I was thinking about sending them to either the early/just before the lycanthropic purgeor events leading up to the birth of the CoSF While looking at the timeline I realized Some of my initial plot web ideas wouldn't fit as well due to thinking the purge was much earlier than it was.
So 'm thinking of tossing them into 3-5ish bedrock turning points in the history of eberron using parts of ToA to justify it. My list of maybes is
- lycanthropic purge
- Demon Lord escapes & CoSF eventually born. Players undertake some quest involved in making sure the prophecy goes according to plan by someone.. ( perhaps one or more polymorphed dragons they've "already" met )
- early gatekeepers with vvarak? Perhaps involving a group of dragons who disagree with her training the orcs after what happened in Xen'driik the last time they taught lesser beings.
- something important in the dhakaani - Daelkyr war - what though? the breaking of muut could be fun, but I feel like it would be useless without something to show earlier dhakaani empire before the daelkyr war & I don't know enough there(]HALP).
- an early & stage giant empire ???, perhaps meeting Ourelonastrix for the first time
- late stage leading up to the war with the whole shifting of planar orbit/destroying moon via mass blood sacrifice where players need to make sure it happens
If you had to picj afew of the most important turning point events in history, what would you pick/do different?