Deconstruction of Khyber's Harvest

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.
Beoric
Ogre

Deconstruction of Khyber's Harvest

Post by Beoric » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:50 am

Things have been pretty quiet around here since the move to the new server, so I'm looking for any excuse to get people talking again. I wrote a review/deconstruction of Keith's module, Khyber's Harvest. Fortunately, it has fewer problems than Whispers of the Vampire's Blade, so hopefully I won't incur anyone's wrath. Its kind of a 4e analysis, but like I said, no-one's talking around here, hopefully this will start something.

You can find the link here: https://campaignunderdeconstruction.wor ... rs-harvest.

willpell
Black Dragon

Re: Deconstruction of Khyber's Harvest

Post by willpell » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:45 am

If you converted this up or down one edition, I'd definitely be interested. That name clearly marks this as the kind of adventure I'd love.

Beoric
Ogre

Post by Beoric » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:45 am

I wasn't planning to convert it to anything, just analyzing it as an adventure. There are only 7 combat encounters, so i don't imagine converting that would be a chore if you were so inclined. The magic items might be another matter, though.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 am

Beoric wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:50 am
Things have been pretty quiet around here since the move to the new server, so I'm looking for any excuse to get people talking again.
There was a possibility of rolling back the forum, during the Open Test, and I think that made a few people hesitant to gamble on posts that could be lost.
Beoric wrote:
I wrote a review/deconstruction of Keith's module, Khyber's Harvest. Fortunately, it has fewer problems than Whispers of the Vampire's Blade, so hopefully I won't incur anyone's wrath. Its kind of a 4e analysis, but like I said, no-one's talking around here, hopefully this will start something.
It's great that this is a free adventure, as it means that anyone can grab the adventure, read your deconstruction and join in the discussion.
Beoric wrote:
You can find the link here: https://campaignunderdeconstruction.wor ... rs-harvest.
Thanks for posting that, Beoric. I've added your link to the Book-House article for Khyber's Harvest.

(I also found your earlier Deconstruction of... article and added it to the Whispers of the Vampire's Blade article. :) )
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:41 am

willpell wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:45 am
If you converted this up or down one edition, I'd definitely be interested. That name clearly marks this as the kind of adventure I'd love.
...and...
Beoric wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:45 am
I wasn't planning to convert it to anything, just analyzing it as an adventure. There are only 7 combat encounters, so i don't imagine converting that would be a chore if you were so inclined. The magic items might be another matter, though.
Feel free to start your own "Converting Khyber's Harvest to 3rd Edition" or "Converting Khyber's Harvest to 5th Edition" topic, Willpell.

From what Beoric says, you could work through and convert one encounter at a time. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

willpell
Black Dragon

Post by willpell » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:01 am

Big Mac wrote: Feel free to start your own "Converting Khyber's Harvest to 3rd Edition" or "Converting Khyber's Harvest to 5th Edition" topic, Willpell.
You're such a gracious host.... :?

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Post by Tim Baker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:11 am

I placed this adventure in Nentir Vale and ran it with 13th Age for my kids. Its creepiness was a big positive to them. That was probably around five years ago, and they still talk about it. That's not to say it was a masterpiece, but due to my kids' reactions, it has a fond place in my heart.
Image My Google+ RPG-related posts. | Image Escalation! fanzine for 13th Age.

Return to “Eberron”