Eberron is available on the DMs Guild!

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.
Unnatural 20
Goblin

Eberron is available on the DMs Guild!

Post by Unnatural 20 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:47 am

It's about damn time.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Re: Eberron is available on the DMs Guild!

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:02 pm

I'm not seeing that on the DMs Guild page for searching for DMs Guild content. I only see the following options:
  • Nonspecific/Any Setting,
  • Forgotten Realms
  • Ravenloft
  • Search Settings
If I pick the "Search Settings" option, I get Al-Qadim and nothing else. (I should also get Kara-Tur and Maztica, but they are not there.)

I also looked at the What kind of content can I sell? page. It was last updated in March and says this:
DMs Guild wrote:While nearly all types of game content are welcome in the Dungeon Masters Guild, there are certain types we think are more in demand, and which we will tend to promote more prominently on the DMsGuild marketplace. Primarily, we’d like to see short adventures that can be run in a single session, especially ones that can complement larger campaigns already published by Wizards (e.g., Rage of Demons, Curse of Strahd). Also in demand are 5th Edition conversions of monsters absent from the 5th Edition Monster Manual and new backgrounds for players to use with their characters. If you're inclined to make visual media, maps and character art bundles are also welcome to enhance campaigns. Again, we will tend to emphasize content that would be useful for other D&D players looking to expand on existing official storylines, such as a collection of vampire spawn or other lesser undead useful for Curse of Strahd.

At the end of the day, though, the best content for you to write is the content you’re inspired to create. The Realms is a big place. Ravenloft is a scary place. We look forward to seeing what you create for them!
Where did you get that screenshot from? :?

I'm seeing a similar story on RPG Net, but they don't link to whatever you have both taken a screenshot of.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Wow, things are moving ahead! :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:37 pm

They seem to be opening campaign settings on DMs Guild by genres. FR for classic fantasy, Ravenloft for horror-fantasy and now Eberron for steam-fantasy. Can we deduce the next one would be Spelljammer for Space-Fantasy ?

kristianserrano
Orc

Post by kristianserrano » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 pm

shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:37 pm
...and now Eberron for steam-fantasy.
:facepalm: Eberron is not steam-fantasy, steam-punk, steam-anything or anything-punk.

And I don't think it's filling in genres as much as it is giving people what they want and avoiding redundancy (e.g., Greyhawk).
Manifest Zone, a monthly podcast exploring Eberron as a tabletop RPG setting
Savage Worlds Eberron Conversion Companion

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Post by shesheyan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm

kristianserrano wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 pm
shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:37 pm
...and now Eberron for steam-fantasy.
:facepalm: Eberron is not steam-fantasy, steam-punk, steam-anything or anything-punk.

And I don't think it's filling in genres as much as it is giving people what they want and avoiding redundancy (e.g., Greyhawk).
Well you got me there... I never played this setting. But from the illustrations of Warforged and other clock-work oriented images I saw in the corebook that is the recollection I have. So, that being said. What is the genre of Eberron? If its to be the next setting I might buy it since its will be under 5E rules.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:02 pm
Where did you get that screenshot from? :?

I'm seeing a similar story on RPG Net, but they don't link to whatever you have both taken a screenshot of.
I got told this option is hidden inside the tickboxes for people who are uploading content onto DMs Guild. (That's not something I've ever used before.)

To reproduce this, you can carry out the following steps:
  • Account
  • My Content > Enter New Community Created Title
I'm guessing that someone at DriveThru/RPG Now jumped the gun when they were adding the tick boxes. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Jürgen Hubert
Gnoll

Post by Jürgen Hubert » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:48 pm

Big Mac wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:51 pm
I'm guessing that someone at DriveThru/RPG Now jumped the gun when they were adding the tick boxes. :)
Still, it's encouraging - hopefully there will be an official announcement soon.
Returned Maztica - a new vision for Maztica in the 5th Edition era of the Forgotten Realms! Learn how the continent has changed after invasions and dragonfire, and take part as the people of Maztica finally take their destinies into their own hands!

FaerieGodfather
Shroompunk Warlord

Post by FaerieGodfather » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:24 pm

shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm
Well you got me there... I never played this setting. But from the illustrations of Warforged and other clock-work oriented images I saw in the corebook that is the recollection I have. So, that being said. What is the genre of Eberron? If its to be the next setting I might buy it since its will be under 5E rules.
I'm gonna correct you here, so a bigger Eberron fan is sure to come correct me in turn-- there's no clockwork in Eberron. Can't even buy mechanical clocks.

Warforged are not mechanical. They are straight up mixed-material golems.
Viktyr C Gehrig

Havard
Dragon Turtle

Post by Havard » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:41 pm

The Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron is now an official release on the DM's Guild.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

kristianserrano
Orc

Post by kristianserrano » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:46 pm

FaerieGodfather wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:24 pm
shesheyan wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm
I'm gonna correct you here, so a bigger Eberron fan is sure to come correct me in turn-- there's no clockwork in Eberron. Can't even buy mechanical clocks.

Warforged are not mechanical. They are straight up mixed-material golems.
This. Warforged are just constructs like in any other D&D setting, except they are living and made out of wooden fibers, stone, and metal. They are also living as in it's beleived that they have souls. They aren't programmed and have independent thought and feelings.

There is no coal being burned to generate steam to power gears in a machine.

Eberron is a post-medieval setting in which magic is taken to its logical conclusion.

For more information, I recommend this episode of Manifest Zone.
Manifest Zone, a monthly podcast exploring Eberron as a tabletop RPG setting
Savage Worlds Eberron Conversion Companion

Coronoides
Dragon Sage

Post by Coronoides » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:28 pm

WOTC Eberron book on DMs guild now so that's confirmed.
Need to convert races to D&D 5e? mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/ ... rs-Toolkit

Conversion & Review of Council of Wryms with dragon PCs compatible with other 5e settings (at level 5+). DRAFT: Book 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz4zql2yhlyut ... 8.pdf?dl=0 and Book 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/0n3i5bki6svae ... 0.pdf?dl=0

Return to “Eberron”