[DMs Guild][5e] Encounters in Sharn

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

[DMs Guild][5e] Encounters in Sharn

Post by Big Mac » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:09 pm

You might have heard of Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron going up on DMs Guild, but you might not have noticed the other Eberron product that went up on the same day: Encounters in Sharn:
Encounters in Sharn on DMs Guild wrote:Encounters in Sharn
From Will Doyle, James Introcaso, Greg Marks, Shawn Merwin, Alan Patrick, Ashley Warren, Travis Woodall

Welcome to the City of Towers! This premiere Eberron supplement from the Guild Adepts brings you 12 mini-adventures set in Sharn. The mini-adventures are made for characters of levels 1 - 10 and focus on the intrigue, excitement, and noir of Sharn!

This supplement is meant to be used with the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron!

The encouters:
  • The Callestan Clash - This fight-club-meets-street-carnival episode is recommended for 3rd to 5th level characters and optimized for five characters of 4th level.
  • Congratulations, You're a Winner! - This chase through the skies is intended for 5th to 10th level characters and optimized for five characters of 8th leve
  • The Double-Cross - A woman walks into the adventurers office, begging for help... but all is not what it seems. This episode is intended for 1st to 4th level characters and optimized for five characters of 3rd level.
  • Double Immiscibility - The assassination in a potion factory episode is designed for a group of 1st to 4th level characters and optimized for five 3rd level characters.
  • The Fallen Mad: Excursion - The first of three linked episodes optimized for five 5th level characters. Can the characters find a cleric of the Silver Flame who went missing in the underbelly of Sharn?
  • The Fallen Mad: Excavation - The second of three linked episodes optimized for five 5th level characters. In the dim light of dragonshards, the characters uncover something evil.
  • The Fallen Mad: Excommunication - The final of three linked episodes optimized for five 5th level characters. What happened to the cleric of the Silver Flame? The characters are about to find out.
  • Get the Message - This lightning rail chase is designed for 1st to 4th level characters and optimized for five characters of 3rd level.
  • Possession is Nine-Tenths - This story follows the adventurers throughout their time in Sharn with encounters appropriate for 3rd, 5th, and 9th level characters as they unravel a mystery with the goblin Stab.
  • King of the Heap - The junkyard showdown is designed for a group of 1st to 4th level characters and optimized for five 3rd level characters.
  • Reflections of the Delirium Stone - This heist-in-progress episode is intended for 5th to 10th level characters and optimized for five characters of 8th level.
  • Special Delivery - When a courier turns up dead in the streets, it's up to the characters to figure who did the deed. This episode in Oak Towers is designed for 1st to 4th level characters and optimized for five characters of 3rd level.
This is a DMs Guild Adepts product. The DMs Guild Adept Program was started and is managed by Wizards of the Coast. It brings together some of the best talents creating for the DMs Guild for creative development. DMs Guild Adepts products are identified by the gold ampersand logo.
They have obviously been working on this supporting product for months.

I wonder how fast someone, who is not in the DMs Guild Adepts program will get something up.
Last edited by Big Mac on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

shesheyan
Cardboard Hero

Re: [DMs Guild][5e] Encounters in Sharn

Post by shesheyan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:51 pm

WOW! They really prepared for this launch. I wonder how difficult it would be to convert these stories for another large city. Reading the blurbs of each adventure it wouldn't be too much work.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:19 am

shesheyan wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:51 pm
WOW! They really prepared for this launch. I wonder how difficult it would be to convert these stories for another large city. Reading the blurbs of each adventure it wouldn't be too much work.
The main issue you would have is that Sharn is built on a Manifest Zone and that parts of it float in the air.

If that is used in any of the adventures, you might need to modify them a bit.

And if it is a major theme the adventure might be meaningless without that element.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

Morfie
Metamorph

Post by Morfie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:34 am

Why is Sharn so popular for adventures in Eberron?

As far as I know, all of the official 3e modules were set in Sharn, and so were 8 of the 12 Dungeon adventures.

RobJN
Dire Flumph

Post by RobJN » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:57 am

Sorry, way! too! many! exclamation points! in! that! description!
Rob
Thorn's Chronicle: The Thread Index|Thorn's Chronicle Blog
My articles at the Vaults of Pandius; My W.O.I.N. adventure in ENWorld's EONS Patreon #56.
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | G+ | twitter

kristianserrano
Orc

Post by kristianserrano » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Morfie wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:34 am
Why is Sharn so popular for adventures in Eberron?

As far as I know, all of the official 3e modules were set in Sharn, and so were 8 of the 12 Dungeon adventures.
Because it's huge and offers a lot of opportunity for all types of adventures. There's an expression in Eberron, "All roads lead to Sharn." Sharn is also the gateway to Xen'drik.

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp? ... /20040927a

There's also a whole sourcebook dedicated to it that acts almost as its own campaign setting.

Essentially, Sharn is to Khorvaire as the city of Greyhawk is to the Flanaess or Waterdeep is to Faerun. Yes, there are lots of other cities on those continents, but these are the ones that offer the most variety and act as the hub of those cultures.
Manifest Zone, a monthly podcast exploring Eberron as a tabletop RPG setting
Savage Worlds Eberron Conversion Companion

Return to “Eberron”