The Dark Six: The Keeper

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

The Dark Six: The Keeper

Post by Big Mac » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:47 pm

Keith Baker has a blog entry up called The Dark Six: The Keeper.

Here is the start of the article, so you can get an idea of what it is about:
Keith Baker on keith-baker.com wrote:The Dark Six: The Keeper
Posted on January 1, 2019

The Mockery is the lord of treachery and terror. The Devourer commands the destructive powers of nature. The Keeper will strike you down with disease and then snatch your soul so he can continue to torment you for eternity. Everything that we fear—poverty, disease, betrayal, madness, monsters—all of these fall under the sway of the Dark Six. What could drive people to worship these malevolent deities? What sort of player characters would follow them?

In the days ahead I’ll be delving into each of the Dark Six and their followers, starting here with an overview of the Six and a deeper look at the Keeper. Bear in mind that this is my personal take on the Dark Six and the Sovereign Host. It’s not canon material, and it may contradict canon sources.
Have a read of the full article on his blog.

What do you think of how Keith Baker uses The Keeper in his own games? Does it match how you have been using The Keeper or have you been doing things differently?

Are any of Keith's ideas things that you are going to implement in your own campaign?
Last edited by Big Mac on Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

willpell
Black Dragon

Re: The Dark Six: The Keeper

Post by willpell » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:17 pm

Am I mixing up names? I thought Keith Baker was the creator of Eberron. Now he has to disclaim his own Eberron material as being non-canon?

Zeromaru X
Scion of Arkhosia

Post by Zeromaru X » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:36 am

He always says this. He doesn't want to influence the way we perceive Eberron. He has even stated that his novels aren't canon.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:30 pm

willpell wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:17 pm
Am I mixing up names? I thought Keith Baker was the creator of Eberron. Now he has to disclaim his own Eberron material as being non-canon?
That's not a change. He has always had to disclaim his own Eberron material as non-canon. He sold all rights to Eberron to Wizards of the Coast, when he got to the final of the Campaign Setting Search contest (as did the other two finalists).

Anything he publishes is fan material.

And there are a bunch of Eberron fans, who send him money on Patreon, to cover the time he would have spent doing a "proper job" so that he can afford to spend time making freebies for fans.
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Zeromaru X wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:36 am
He always says this. He doesn't want to influence the way we perceive Eberron. He has even stated that his novels aren't canon.
I thought the official line was that none of the Eberron novels were canon - not just Keith's ones.

Return to “Eberron”