Exploring Eberron previews

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Exploring Eberron previews

Post by Big Mac »

Keith Baker has put up a couple of previews of Exploring Eberron.

They look pretty good.

He also has some other articles about Exploring Eberron.

Are you looking forward to this book?

Does anyone know how much of this is going to be usable with 3e or 4e D&D?
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum (and administrator). My moderator voice is green.

Tim Baker
Axe Beak

Re: Exploring Eberron previews

Post by Tim Baker »

I'm interested to see what new options the book brings to the game.

In terms of usability with other editions, my impression is that 5e has brought very little new fluff to Eberron. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's been more of a conversion to the 5e system rather than an expansion of the materials already provided in 3e and 4e. 3e offered so much richness, and the metaplot hasn't advanced since 3e, so it makes sense that there isn't a ton of new flavor that can be added.

That being said, I believe the colossal gearforged in the Mournlands was a new addition for 5e. I'm sure there are other new selections, too. For the Eberron who's playing 3e, the books probably offer bits of useful new material. The question would be whether it's worth the expense at that point. Everyone has a different cost/value ratio that they want to meet before they make a purchase.

Return to “Eberron”