Eberron Player's Guide

Prophesised by dragons...tempered by magic...forged in war...
The Book-House: Find Eberron products.
dulsi
Storm Giant

Eberron Player's Guide

Post by dulsi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:45 am

I've been slowly reading the 4E Eberron Player's Guide. So far the distilling of information may have gone too far. I haven't found much on the aberrant marks. Specifically I was curious why they aren't considered true dragonmarks. Near as I could tell it was just due to not being accepted and perhaps small number of people with the mark. I had to turn to the Eberron wiki for an answer. I haven't seen any comment in the book about it being caused by different dragonmarked families interbreeding. Nor have I seen anything about the aberrant marks having a different look from true dragonmarks. Maybe this is explained in the Campaign Guide but it seems like something that should be known by the players.
Dennis Payne -- Identical Games
Support Roon's Raccoon Sprintladder on Lego Ideas.
ImageImage

ravensmuse
Ogre

Re: Eberron Player's Guide

Post by ravensmuse » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:10 pm

From what I remember, owning only the 3.5 campaign book, the Aberrant marks are the remnants of the many many dragonmarks that existed before the War of the Mark and they just keep popping up. I thought they had something to do with the Draconic Prophecy too, but I dunno about that.

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi dulsi,

Do you have the 3.5 ECS as well? I'm wondering how that and the new 4E book compares? Is it just a rehash of all the old information with the new 4E crunch thrown in? Or does it contain brand new information?
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.

dulsi
Storm Giant

Post by dulsi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Chimpman wrote:Do you have the 3.5 ECS as well? I'm wondering how that and the new 4E book compares? Is it just a rehash of all the old information with the new 4E crunch thrown in? Or does it contain brand new information?
I don't have the 3.5 ECS. The Player's Guide has very limited information about the world. The only new material I suspect is how the new races fit into the world. The ECG is were you really find whether it is just a rehash or new information. I suspect it is mostly just a rehash due to the number of the 3.5 books and trying to fit all the important bits into ECG.
ImageImage

Chimpman
Hadozee

Post by Chimpman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:12 pm

dulsi wrote:
Chimpman wrote:Do you have the 3.5 ECS as well? I'm wondering how that and the new 4E book compares? Is it just a rehash of all the old information with the new 4E crunch thrown in? Or does it contain brand new information?
I don't have the 3.5 ECS. The Player's Guide has very limited information about the world. The only new material I suspect is how the new races fit into the world. The ECG is were you really find whether it is just a rehash or new information. I suspect it is mostly just a rehash due to the number of the 3.5 books and trying to fit all the important bits into ECG.
Ahh... ok. I wasn't aware there were 2 books. Yeah, I thumbed through the 4E ECS last night at Borders and it looked pretty much like what I already have through 3.5, but I wasn't positive. I didn't have enough time to really look it over. So how do they add the new 4E races into the setting? I'd suspect that tieflings could be from the Demon Wastes or from Khyber. There seems to be plenty of opportunities for demons and mortals to interact in Eberron, although there has never been mention of a tiefling empire before (and that's something I'd hesitate to put in).

The 4E dragon race seems like it could fit pretty well in Argonessen, and I could even see small communities of them on Khorvaire and Xen'drik.

Is this pretty much how they integrate these races, or do they do something else entirely?
Visit the Exiles Campaign Setting (a Mystara / Spelljammer crossover)
Visit Mystara 2300 BC

Moderator of The Tabard Inn and Blackmoor. My moderator voice is purple.

Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster

Post by Big Mac » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:37 am

dulsi wrote:I had to turn to the Eberron wiki for an answer.
The Eberron Wiki is in the process of considering a change in status at the moment. So it is just possible that it might be a much better resource for you soon.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

dulsi
Storm Giant

Post by dulsi » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:53 am

Chimpman wrote:Is this pretty much how they integrate these races, or do they do something else entirely?
Your guesses are pretty accurate. The dragonborn hail from Argonessen. They have city-states in interrior. They started to form an empire in Q'barra but it collapsed for unknown reasons. Tieflings originally come from Sarlonan nation of Ohr Kaluun but fleeded when Inspired destroyed the nation. The largest numbers are found in the Demon Wastes. Deva are allies of the Couatls but very rare. Keith Baker has other ideas for Deva.
ImageImage

Return to “Eberron”