TSR Era Products

A place where the monk class won't feel like an oddball. Kara-Tur can be discussed in the FR sub-forum. Rokugan, Mahasarpa and other Asian-themed worlds can be discussed here.
The Book-House: Find Oriental Adventures products.
Post Reply
User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
Posts: 18032
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Gender: male
Location: Norway
Contact:

TSR Era Products

Post by Havard » Mon May 07, 2018 9:42 pm

What products from the TSR Era can be useful when running an Oriental Adventures style campaign?

OD&D
  • Supplement II: Blackmoor (Monk Class)
  • Supplement IV: Gods, Demi-gods & Heroes
Classic D&D
  • Gaz12 The Golden Khan of Ethengar
  • B7 Rahasia
  • X3 Curse of Xanathon
  • Rage of the Rakasta
AD&D 1st Edition
  • Deities & Demigods
  • Legends & Lore
  • Oriental Adventures
  • MC6 Kara-Tur Monstrous Compendium
  • OA1 Swords of the Daimyo
  • OA2 Night of the Seven Swords
  • OA3 Ochimo: The Spirit Warrior
  • OA4 Blood of the Yakuza
  • OA5 Mad Monkey vs the Dragon Claw (Forgotten Realms)
AD&D 2nd Edition
  • Legends & Lore
  • Kara-Tur: The Eastern Realms Boxed Set (Forgotten Realms)
  • The Horde boxed set (Forgotten Realms)
  • OA6 Ronin Challenge (Forgotten Realms)
  • OA7 Test of the Samurai (Forgotten Realms)
  • TM5 Kara-Tur Trail Map (Forgotten Realms)
  • Complete Ninjas Handbook
  • Shaman*
  • The Star of Kolhapur (Fantasy India)
  • Red Steel Boxed Set** (Mystara)
*=Not a specifically Oriental Adventures product, but possibly highly useful.
**=Certain sections related to the Rakasta and Equipment only


Endless Quest Books / Super Endless Quest
  • Blade of the Young Samurai
  • Test of the Ninja
Dragon Magazine
  • Dragon #24: Chinese Dragons
  • Dragon #26: Chinese Undead
  • Dragon #30: The New Improved Ninja
  • Dragon #40: Bazaar of the Bizarre
  • Dragon #54: Righteous Robbers of Liang Shan P'o
  • Dragon #121: The Genin, Sun Dragon Castle, The Geisya, Whaddaya Mean Jack the Samurai?
  • Dragon #122: Marshalling the Martial Arts
  • Dragon #123: Lords & Legends
  • Dragon #126: Bazaar of the Bizarre
  • Dragon #127: A Menagerie of Martial Arts
  • Dragon #130: The Oriental Sea, Arcane Lore: Magic from East to West
  • Dragon #133: Wards Against Evil
  • Dragon #136: New Kicks in Martial Arts
  • Dragon #146: Arrows of the East
  • Dragon #151: Earn Those Heirlooms!, Soldiers of the Law, Dragon's Bestiary, Ecology of the Kappa
  • Dragon #157: Where There Is One Sumotori...
  • Dragon #164: Born to Defend
  • Dragon #167: Lords of the Warring States
  • Dragon #181: Bazaar of the Bizarre
  • Dragon #189: The Other Orientals, Rhino's Armor Tiger's Claws
  • Dragon #198: Soul-Swords & Spirit-Slayers
  • Dragon #225: Caste of Characters
  • Dragon #226: Monsoons and the Power of Om
  • Dragon #229: The Magic of India
  • Dragon #255: The Shadow Way
  • Dragon #266: Humanimals
Dungeon Magazine
  • Dungeon #5 Kappa Of Pachee Bridge
  • Dungeon #7 Samurai Steel
  • Dungeon #8 Flowers Of Flame
  • Dungeon #9 Golden Bowl Of Ashu H'san
  • Dungeon #10 Artisans Tomb
  • Dungeon #15 Dragon's Gift
  • Dungeon #17 Waiting Room Of Yen-Wang-Yeh
  • Dungeon #18 Crocodile Tears
  • Dungeon #27 Bride For A Fox
  • Dungeon #33 Mad Gyoji
Anything else that could be added to this list?

-Havard
Last edited by Havard on Sat May 12, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

User avatar
Big Mac
Giant Space Hamster
Posts: 22786
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:52 pm
Gender: male
Location: London UK
Contact:

Re: TSR Era Products

Post by Big Mac » Tue May 08, 2018 5:03 pm

There is also FROA1 Ninja Wars.

And both the 1e Deities & Demigods and the 2e Legends & Lore have some chapters that would be useful.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Please join The Piazza's Facebook group, The Piazza's Facebook page and The Piazza's Google + community and follow The Piazza's Twitter feed so that you can stay in touch.
Spelljammer 3E Conversion Project - Spelljammer Wiki - The Spelljammer Image Group.
Moderator of the Spelljammer forum. My moderator voice is green.

User avatar
Morfie
Metamorph
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:48 am
Gender: male
Location: New Zealand

Re: TSR Era Products

Post by Morfie » Wed May 09, 2018 7:46 am

Insert relevant Dungeon and Dragon articles here.

The Dark
Troll
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Gender: male

Re: TSR Era Products

Post by The Dark » Thu May 10, 2018 12:12 am

Morfie wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:46 am
Insert relevant Dungeon and Dragon articles here.
Dragon #24: Chinese Dragons
Dragon #26: Chinese Undead
Dragon #30: The New Improved Ninja
Dragon #40: Bazaar of the Bizarre
Dragon #54: Righteous Robbers of Liang Shan P'o
Dragon #121: The Genin, Sun Dragon Castle, The Geisya, Whaddaya Mean Jack the Samurai?
Dragon #122: Marshalling the Martial Arts
Dragon #123: Lords & Legends
Dragon #126: Bazaar of the Bizarre
Dragon #127: A Menagerie of Martial Arts
Dragon #130: The Oriental Sea, Arcane Lore: Magic from East to West
Dragon #133: Wards Against Evil
Dragon #136: New Kicks in Martial Arts
Dragon #146: Arrows of the East
Dragon #151: Earn Those Heirlooms!, Soldiers of the Law, Dragon's Bestiary, Ecology of the Kappa
Dragon #157: Where There Is One Sumotori...
Dragon #164: Born to Defend
Dragon #167: Lords of the Warring States
Dragon #181: Bazaar of the Bizarre
Dragon #189: The Other Orientals, Rhino's Armor Tiger's Claws
Dragon #198: Soul-Swords & Spirit-Slayers
Dragon #225: Caste of Characters
Dragon #226: Monsoons and the Power of Om
Dragon #229: The Magic of India
Dragon #255: The Shadow Way
Dragon #266: Humanimals

User avatar
Morfie
Metamorph
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:48 am
Gender: male
Location: New Zealand

Re: TSR Era Products

Post by Morfie » Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 am

Dungeon Magazine

Issue Module Name
5 Kappa Of Pachee Bridge
7 Samurai Steel
8 Flowers Of Flame
9 Golden Bowl Of Ashu H'san
10 Artisans Tomb
15 Dragon's Gift
17 Waiting Room Of Yen-Wang-Yeh
18 Crocodile Tears
27 Bride For A Fox
33 Mad Gyoji
Last edited by Morfie on Fri May 11, 2018 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
Posts: 18032
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Gender: male
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: TSR Era Products

Post by Havard » Thu May 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Morfie wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 am
Issue Module Name
5 Kappa Of Pachee Bridge
7 Samurai Steel
8 Flowers Of Flame
9 Golden Bowl Of Ashu H'san
10 Artisans Tomb
15 Dragon's Gift
17 Waiting Room Of Yen-Wang-Yeh
18 Crocodile Tears
27 Bride For A Fox
33 Mad Gyoji
This is from Dungeon? :)

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

User avatar
Morfie
Metamorph
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:48 am
Gender: male
Location: New Zealand

Re: TSR Era Products

Post by Morfie » Fri May 11, 2018 6:48 am

Havard wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:23 pm
Morfie wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 am
Issue Module Name
5 Kappa Of Pachee Bridge
7 Samurai Steel
8 Flowers Of Flame
9 Golden Bowl Of Ashu H'san
10 Artisans Tomb
15 Dragon's Gift
17 Waiting Room Of Yen-Wang-Yeh
18 Crocodile Tears
27 Bride For A Fox
33 Mad Gyoji
This is from Dungeon? :)

-Havard
Yes sorry, a quick C&P. Edited the post to make it clearer. I also was being amazed by The Dark's post of the Dragon magazine articles!

User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
Posts: 18032
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Gender: male
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: TSR Era Products

Post by Havard » Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 am

The Dark wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:12 am
Morfie wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:46 am
Insert relevant Dungeon and Dragon articles here.
Dragon #24: Chinese Dragons
Dragon #26: Chinese Undead
Dragon #30: The New Improved Ninja
Dragon #40: Bazaar of the Bizarre
Dragon #54: Righteous Robbers of Liang Shan P'o
Dragon #121: The Genin, Sun Dragon Castle, The Geisya, Whaddaya Mean Jack the Samurai?
Dragon #122: Marshalling the Martial Arts
Dragon #123: Lords & Legends
Dragon #126: Bazaar of the Bizarre
Dragon #127: A Menagerie of Martial Arts
Dragon #130: The Oriental Sea, Arcane Lore: Magic from East to West
Dragon #133: Wards Against Evil
Dragon #136: New Kicks in Martial Arts
Dragon #146: Arrows of the East
Dragon #151: Earn Those Heirlooms!, Soldiers of the Law, Dragon's Bestiary, Ecology of the Kappa
Dragon #157: Where There Is One Sumotori...
Dragon #164: Born to Defend
Dragon #167: Lords of the Warring States
Dragon #181: Bazaar of the Bizarre
Dragon #189: The Other Orientals, Rhino's Armor Tiger's Claws
Dragon #198: Soul-Swords & Spirit-Slayers
Dragon #225: Caste of Characters
Dragon #226: Monsoons and the Power of Om
Dragon #229: The Magic of India
Dragon #255: The Shadow Way
Dragon #266: Humanimals
That is awesome! Thanks The Dark! :)



-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

User avatar
Havard
Dragon Turtle
Posts: 18032
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 7:32 pm
Gender: male
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: TSR Era Products

Post by Havard » Fri May 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Updated first post and also added Rage of Rakasta to list of BECMI material.

-Havard

Aliases: Håvard Frosta, Havard Blackmoor, Blackmoorian, Dragon Turtle etc
Where to find me on the Web
The Comeback Inn - My Blackmoor Forum
The Blackmoor Blog
My Articles at the Vaults of Pandius
Moderator of the Mystara, Blackmoor and Thunder Rift forums.
My moderator voice is
GREEN.

The Dark
Troll
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Gender: male

Re: TSR Era Products

Post by The Dark » Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 pm

Havard wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 am
The Dark wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:12 am
Morfie wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:46 am
Insert relevant Dungeon and Dragon articles here.
<snip>
That is awesome! Thanks The Dark! :)



-Havard
Being familiar with DragonDex and remembering a few of the oddballs (such as the Indian fantasy that wasn't officially OA) helped me compile that. I know I missed a few articles (for example, there's a second Sumo article in Dragon #157, but I can't remember the title), but I think I got all of the relevant issues.

Post Reply

Return to “Oriental Adventures”